No Poll

For
- 0 (0%)
Serious
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2012, 06:17:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 252

Author Topic: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!  (Read 361314 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Mabinogi - Now with a B12 guild! - Lore update, up!
« Reply #465 on: July 17, 2012, 12:34:29 am »

The quest inventory should help with clutter, now. I remember this time after G9 where you got a huge, castle block-size box of "Supplies" that took up a lot of inventory space, except you couldn't drop it, and if you have just enough items you couldn't place it in your inventory either. Catch-22. Many GMs had to go running that day, with special GM trade screens that let you trade quest items so you could declutter your inventory xD I waited three hours for that particular GM. I wonder if they let GMs have any clothes they want as long as they don't drop them. I suspect they do :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #466 on: July 17, 2012, 01:23:49 am »

I'm pretty sure he started rolling in his grave when reader's digest wrote that "teenager version" of romeo and juliet, complete with horribly used  and spammed teenager slang of the era.

Was that the one given the title akin to "Oh Romeo, oh, like, Wow?" I remember that one-- it was by Dave Barry. =P

It may have been, I recall it being used an object of ridicule in english class back in highschool. :P

And brief reminder to anyone that has, if you have a character, even if you don't intend to get into the steam chat (especially if you don't intend to get into the steam chat), gimme your username in game, so I can add you to my friends list and the OP, so we can invite you to dungeon runs or whatever we're doin.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 17, 2012, 01:33:26 am »

Oh yeah. Tistia, here. Just went over to Cobh to try and find that guildstone mentioned in the first post but didn't see it anywhere. Heading back to Tir right now. Currently a useless L16 ranged.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 17, 2012, 02:13:27 am »

The OP should be updated, the guildstone has long expired.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #469 on: July 17, 2012, 02:16:56 am »

Oh yeah. Tistia, here. Just went over to Cobh to try and find that guildstone mentioned in the first post but didn't see it anywhere. Heading back to Tir right now. Currently a useless L16 ranged.

AyeAye.

The OP should be updated, the guildstone has long expired.

Also a good point. Doing it now.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Mabinogi - Now with Steam group! - Lore update, up!
« Reply #470 on: July 17, 2012, 07:21:56 am »

Can guild ownership be transferred? As I'm VIP anyway, I wouldn't mind "taking over" the guild so we have a guildstone again. (No worries Girlinhat, you can have all the fancy admin privileges you had before... I hope. How does that system work?  :-\)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 17, 2012, 07:30:10 am »

I'm bored so I'm writing a something about money and how to earn some.

Money is Mabinogi is gold coins. Unlike in other online games where where you can carry tons of coins, gold here is a physical resource that takes inventory space. It eats one square per 1k of gold so you have to buy a gold pouch to keep you money from eating all your precious inventory. A gold pouch is 2x2 and comes 10k pouch or a 50k pouch. You store you gold in the bank when you pouch is full. You can also store items in the bank but please note that the right half of the bank storage is a premium service. You get a month of free premium service i think.

The good thing about Mabinogi is that grinding for high end rare stuff is optional. You can keep using the stuff you get from the beginner quest till your running end game dungeons. The difference between cheap store bought stuff and rare items is a few points difference, a cooler look, and a higher repair cost. The most expensive item on the cheap end of the scale is about 50k, that's the kite shield and two-handed swords. The expensive stuff can reach 600k and that's only the once you can buy from the store. Player bought stuff can go for a few millions.

Why you want to buy all those overpriced stuff when you can get get by with something cheaper? Because you want to, what's why!

Player economy in Mabi is "want" driven. It's not required to get rare and expensive junk to play. In fact, I just wasted 40k on clothes I didn't even want and 80k on gloves with not much stat difference because I can.

Now, on to "How to Earn Gold the Easy way!".

1. Commerce Runs
- in Uladh, the fomors have set up trade of fomor goods between the cities. These goods use ducats, which takes no inventory space and is non-tradable. You also earn 1 gold and 2 exp for every ducat you earn.

2. Fomor Scrolls
- in Uladh, monsters drop fomor scrolls. For every 10 fomor scrolls, you can turn it in for gold. Rabbie dungeon is the best place for that.

3. Selling necessities and other items people want
- there are some things that people use in the day-to-day basis. In Mabi, you can either make it yourself or buy it from other people. Anyways, some people are to lazy to grind for items then they're sitting on millions of gold. Holy water is one of those necessity. It's used to bless items to prevent them from dropping upon death, reduce durability decrease and increases repair success rate. You can get them from church part-time jobs. They normally sell for 20k per stack but you can undercut your competition by selling it at 15k.

Anyways, those are the easiest and low risk gold earners.

Now for some money saving alternatives:

1. Fomor weapons
- this is the main use of ducats. Besides using ducats to buy trade goods, you can buy fomor weapons. These have higher stats than normal but can't be upgraded. It's a cheap, powerful and easy to maintain but upgraded normal weapons are better in the long run.

2. Make you own potions
- potion making and herbalism. If your a spell caster like me, you'll be eating MP potions like candy by day. Making your own potions is made easier with the introduction of homestead. Level up your homestead, put down enough herb patches. If you want herbs, just ask one of the more established players here.

I would have added pictures but I'm lazy.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #472 on: July 17, 2012, 07:45:27 am »

Can guild ownership be transferred? As I'm VIP anyway, I wouldn't mind "taking over" the guild so we have a guildstone again. (No worries Girlinhat, you can have all the fancy admin privileges you had before... I hope. How does that system work?  :-\)
I don't think so: as long as the guild master is whoever it was, only she can reactivate the guild.

About Mabinogi... I really really like the "perverted" (in most MMORPG's standards) market. The same flashy sword with a blood-red hue costs a couple times a plain one, and mottled brown and purple pretty clothes are much cheaper than, say, ones that flash between colors; often by six times or more. I distinctly remember that a maid uniform that was in the maid colors was 3000k, while one that wasn't was 1500k.

Most items have similar stats. In fact, the humble broad sword is the best weapon you would find, fully upgraded (222A, 223B... many recipes abound), and the rare items usually aren't worth it. For example, the Trinity staff: when it first was released, it cost up to 100000k on the Korean servers, despite not *really* being worth that much. Why? Because one, it was rare, and two, the characters had a nice posture that only came with the staff. @_@

Enchantments are, along with upgrades, the way to max out your weapon's power. It depends on weapon, but some enchantments are cheap and useful, others expensive and useful, and a few prohibitively so. There is a enchantment called Steel Needle. Steel Needle itself was pretty uncommon by enchantment standards, too, because you had to get it either from wild trolls as a drop, or from Albi Advanced (or whatever the highest dungeon is...), 3 person, from the treasure room, enchanted on a practice sword. That meant it had to be reverse enchanted to get the scroll, which was pretty hard to do. Why? It was eighth rank. That also meant it had to be enchanted over a ninth rank enchantment, which had to be enchanted over an A rank enchantment. Steel Needle gauntlets cost 85000k in their height, though much cheaper now.

Just in case anyone is an aspiring archer, I recommend getting a composite bow with the Stamp enchantment. I don't know the American server prices, but it cost 500k (or 500,000g in case I misunderstood what 'k' stands for). Combined with the correct upgrade formula for a composite bow, it's a relatively cheap and powerful weapon. It increases your damage by eight if you are over 16.

[/end rant-thingy-reminiscence-thingy]

I might post a more coherent one about the (Korean) Mabinogi market if anyone wants to listen, tomorrow. >.> This post is just me talking about the good ol' days when I actually played it >_<

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 17, 2012, 07:50:01 am »

Black and white maid clothes sell that high? I think I still have some black and white dyes in storage.

The flashing colors are an eyesore. Not sure what people see in them to charge those prices.

Also, K stands for thousand. I thinks its from "kilo" which is 1000 in the metric system. M is million obviously.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:52:28 am by majikero »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #474 on: July 17, 2012, 07:52:45 am »

Well, not sure about the American market, but in Korea they did. You should search around before deciding on information from the experiences of a Korean gamer >.>

Also, the flashing colors ... some people got together and cataloged every single one that existed, depending on which colors they mainly shifted through, what speed and what rate... Anyways, there's a complex market out there, and they're rare. Electronic bragging.

About dyes, if they're pretty (such as black black, pure white, red red, blue blue...) they usually sell better. But only if they're "fixed" dyes, not the ones that you have to pick from a minigame. Which reminds me someone made a program that helps you dye your clothes. xD

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 17, 2012, 08:07:38 am »

The internet's not being helpful on this one, for once... but it suggests you MIGHT be able to transfer an inactive guild if you do so from the mabinogi website, instead of in-game. Nobody can seem to agree on whether it's possible, though, and only Girlinhat can try it.  :-\

Anyway, I should get ready for work.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 17, 2012, 10:37:47 am »

I'm going to get VIP again, because I have a lot of fun stuff stored in my VIP inventory tab that's lock.  I currently have Inventory Plus, but that doesn't open it...  Probably just run the month of VIP and then settle for Inv+ alone, so should be able to rebump the guild and then pass off leadership.

Really, guild leadership isn't a whole lot.  We were never big enough to access the "guild budget" which seems like a big deal, but if I understood it right then the owner could withdraw funds if it were put to a vote, and use the gold as they wish - preferably using them as they said they would!

But we didn't really use that much.  We just enjoyed the guild chat and instant-Tara teleport, though that's less important now because moongates are wide open.  In that regard, the guild leader is just the person with the crown on their name, nothing more.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 17, 2012, 05:48:31 pm »

Man, you used to be able to buy the services in 1-day increments. Horribly cost-inefficient except for cases just like this. Only, apparently you can't anymore. That's a shame.  :-\

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #478 on: July 17, 2012, 06:02:05 pm »

No update today, as a side note. Someone can fill the gap if they like. Also welcome aboard Aoi, did a ciar dungeon run, and died twice, not bad.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 17, 2012, 06:39:14 pm »

You can also store items in the bank but please note that the right half of the bank storage is a premium service. You get a month of free premium service i think.
The right half of your bank goes poof once you reach level 30. I think it's 6 spots horizontally that are locked.

Also, you now get two pet whistles when you start, one that gets you a free Thoroughbred (fast mount) and an eagle (flying mount) and a pet card that lets you make a thoroughbred only available for 7 real days. None of these pets have inventories, but as far as I know the pets make using the whistles are permanent. I didn't know that at the time though, so my pets have silly names. Oh well =p

Oh, and when you get the 'Advent of the Goddess' quests make sure you do them. Some of the dungeons may be a bit hard, but the first few quests are simple and net you some nice AP for your skills. A lot of 'Advent of the Goddess' is going between Dunbarton and Tir Chonaill (and Sidhe Sneachta which is just a short ways north of Tir Chonaill). I waited a while before doing them because I thought it would be annoying but it's well worth the AP. 2 or 3 AP just to deliver a book to an NPC, then sitting in front of said NPC until a book arrives then getting another 2 AP is pretty damn swell... repeatedly =p Tedious but... it's AP.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 252