Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 957279 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Kin's musings
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2012, 04:26:24 am »

Kin tries not to panic but he can feel his life fading as he looking for a new word. "C'mon, c'mon..."

"I'll put my life on the line on this one. Haon-cael!" No matter the result, Kin will pick up the cleaver and then tear some of his rags and make a makeshift bandage around his calf.

Spoiler: Kin's musings (click to show/hide)

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Death from above.
« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2012, 04:31:31 am »

"Vell, it appears ve must doo-el like zhentlemen!"

Garstorpit the fellow again, then stab him with the sword, utilizing my superior maneuverability!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:56:02 am by Harry Baldman »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2012, 04:35:11 am »

"very funny guys..." Adam stop talking when he notice he talk to thin air and the book of a teenage who go to a magic school feel heavier. looking at the book he see it changed.

"somebody wrote in this. Mmh let try this."

Adam think of a spear and thrust his arm forward saying GWP target wall
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:39:03 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2012, 08:48:49 pm »

"Agh!  Bloody hell!  Wrong way, you blasted shard!"

Hide, and bandage the arm with my shirt.
You pull off the rags you call a shirt and tear them into strips with your teeth and your good arm before tourniquet your left arm and bandaging up the injury as best you can. It's not pretty and your arm is still useless, but at least you're not bleeding out.

Garstorpit garth, then hit them with the sword.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Vell, it appears ve must doo-el like zhentlemen!"

Garstorpit the fellow again, then stab him with the sword, utilizing my superior maneuverability!
[ Jamie dex:4 -1]
[Garth dex:2]
[jamie pot:6]
[garth end:1]

Garth opens his mouth to speak but Jamie is faster, shouting a Garstopit right down his throat. The air burns green and tendils of darkness lance through it, tearing into Garth for several long seconds before the cloud vanishes. The man left standing there looks mummified, darkened skin hanging tight against bones. He takes a single step, his ankle breaking as he does, and crumples, exploding into ash as he strikes the ground.

A glob of light the size of a billiard ball rises from the ash and sinks itself into Jamie's chest.

[Garth is dead: Jamie Gains 5 points.]

"Interesting. So I can still perform magic without a tongue or an intact jaw. In fact, I could possibly make the laws of physics my bitch while comatose. Good to know. Still, useless spell is useless..."

Drape black cloth over my shoulders. Continue experimentation, continue lamenting the unfairness of the world, this time, say Generic while facing a pillar slightly away from me, concentrating on damaging the pillar.

"Oh Come On! I can't make a damn sprinkler, but an enchanted massive cleaver is created on complete accident?! -continue whining as such while working-"

((Time for guessing the contents of that cleaver. There were five words, so Shareeb, Garstopit, Kelio, Tarocal, and Hael-ton. I know that Shareeb and Garstopit were two of them, but that's like saying salt and pepper are two of The Colonel's eleven herbs and spices.))
You drape the largest swath of black cloth over your shoulders and shout your magic word at the rock.
[pot:1+1]
A gentle bit of wind seems to stir the dust near the rock, but nothing else happens.

Quietly peek out from the ledge.

"Umm... Hey! Hey! Down there! I want to ask something!"

"I'm not totally defenseless, but... I'm weak, and I'm curious. I don't want to die yet... I could do something for everyone, like figure out words... or... maybe if I could summon weapons? I'm willing to work with people..."

Shareeb, Garstopit, Kelio, Tarocal, and Hael-ton.
Hmmm.

Shout "Hael-ton Shareeb!" while imagining a lightweight, lustrous blade.
[pot:3]
The air in front of you solidifies into a...well it's sort of like a steel cleaver but it has no edges, everything is rounded. This isn't going to be very useful...

"Driven to suicide... Damn. He must have seen some pretty crazy stuff here to make him do that. But that cleaver... I don't think it's safe to touch, with all of that poison and all. But maybe with a bit of spellcrafting..."

If someone approaches me with hostile intentions, do Spell A. If not, then do Spell B.
[pot:4]
You speak your words and notice, out of the corner of your eye, that Adam shimmers and some sort of phantom protuberance you can't quite make out appears near him. It vanishes a moment later.

Kin tries not to panic but he can feel his life fading as he looking for a new word. "C'mon, c'mon..."

"I'll put my life on the line on this one. Haon-cael!" No matter the result, Kin will pick up the cleaver and then tear some of his rags and make a makeshift bandage around his calf.

Spoiler: Kin's musings (click to show/hide)

[pot:6]
The air in front of you seems to shimmer with the image of a thin membrane or plane and then vanishes. You groan and tear your shirt apart, using it to bandage up your leg and shoulder, cutting off the bleeding but not helping in the walking department.

"very funny guys..." Adam stop talking when he notice he talk to thin air and the book of a teenage who go to a magic school feel heavier. looking at the book he see it changed.

"somebody wrote in this. Mmh let try this."

Adam think of a spear and thrust his arm forward saying GWP target wall
[pot:2+1]
An amount of water roughly equivalent to a half full water balloon dribbles out of mid air and onto the ground.  Huh.

YURF appears standing in the Second level's south stairwell, clearly torn from his favorite back alley, seedy bar or den of ill repute.

Sanya:Green: Pool:2/3  [Third floor, on west stairs]
Adam: Red: pool:1/1 [Second floor, right next to east stairs]
YURF: Blue: Pool: 0/0 [second floor, south stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth. Soaked in water.) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on west side.]
Lepus: Yellow: Pool:1/2 [Second floor, between south and west stairs]
Thrakor(2): Purple: Pool:2/2 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding behind rock]
Kin : Light blue: Pool:1/2  (Blunt cleaver. severed left calf: movement hampered. Gash in shoulder. Wounds bandaged)[third floor, center platform]
Jamie(6): Dark red: Pool: 2/6 [First floor, right next to northern stairs]

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2012, 09:03:27 pm »

Pick up metal bashing stick.
"Hah... This magic stuff is... tiring. Must be why that one really powerful guy finally kicked the bucket... Sure wish I had his power... Wait. I don't need to think like that. I'm not here to... kill and be killed. 16 years of surviving by theft on the streets taught you more than that..."

Stay in place and try to be as non-aggressive as possible.
"Don't come over here! I'll... probably bruise you a little!"
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2012, 09:13:07 pm »

"Well, looks like that one theory was correct.... I really need a drink. Is there a spell for summon booze? One way to find out..."

Look at same pillar and say Generic A, if there's still time, look a short distance to the left and say Generic B.

((Repetitive experimentation could get boring, but the end result should prove to be worthy. Really hope I can do two per turn.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2012, 09:38:49 pm »

"...What th'fuck?!"

Yurf stared blankly at his surroundings for a moment before beating a retreat down the stairs.

>Head down the stairs and take cover, examine surroundings and look for anything that could be used as a weapon.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2012, 09:51:37 pm »

"Well, that didn't go as planned, but at least that guy down there took care of Garth. And it seems like he's someone with a sense of decency. Now, let's just hope that he stays that way even with that extra burst of power."

Stand still unless someone decides to attack me, in which case I will shout my GWP at them.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2012, 09:58:48 pm »

Thrakor grimaced.  Ugly, but not dying any more.  Time to get back to the fun.

"Magic time! Woop woop!"

Instigate Magic 2089.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2012, 10:43:30 pm »

Pick up metal bashing stick.
"Hah... This magic stuff is... tiring. Must be why that one really powerful guy finally kicked the bucket... Sure wish I had his power... Wait. I don't need to think like that. I'm not here to... kill and be killed. 16 years of surviving by theft on the streets taught you more than that..."

Stay in place and try to be as non-aggressive as possible.
"Don't come over here! I'll... probably bruise you a little!"
You huddle down in the stairwell, resting and trying not to get murdered. Seems to be working so far.

"Well, looks like that one theory was correct.... I really need a drink. Is there a spell for summon booze? One way to find out..."

Look at same pillar and say Generic A, if there's still time, look a short distance to the left and say Generic B.

((Repetitive experimentation could get boring, but the end result should prove to be worthy. Really hope I can do two per turn.))

You look at the same pillar and try your first word.
[pot:6+1]
An enormous lump of solid silver a foot and a half across thuds heavily to the ground.

"Ok, thats that one. Now the other."

You turn and look to the left and try your next word.

[pot:5+1]

The area in front of you boils red hot and a huge globule of molten stone bleeds into reality out of thin air.

"Shiiiit" You yell, the painful heat of the thing already burning you from several feet away, water steaming off your skin and clothing. You bid a hasty retreat as the molten stone crashes to the ground and spreads out, slowly cooling and solidifying into a grayish puddle.

"...What th'fuck?!"

Yurf stared blankly at his surroundings for a moment before beating a retreat down the stairs.

>Head down the stairs and take cover, examine surroundings and look for anything that could be used as a weapon.
You climb down the stairs to the first level and look around for some sort of whacking device. Well, over there, near that other guy, are two things. A rather normal looking sword and a very evil looking giant meat clever. Hmm.

"Well, that didn't go as planned, but at least that guy down there took care of Garth. And it seems like he's someone with a sense of decency. Now, let's just hope that he stays that way even with that extra burst of power."

Stand still unless someone decides to attack me, in which case I will shout my GWP at them.
You stand perfectly still. Maybe wizards are like T-rex's: Their vision is based on movement.

"I am invisible!" You whisper to yourself, covering your eyes with your hands.

Thrakor grimaced.  Ugly, but not dying any more.  Time to get back to the fun.

"Magic time! Woop woop!"

Instigate Magic 2089.

[pot:2]
A tiny, obsidian pair of...you're not really sure what they are...finger nails? Fly's wings? Just shards of stone? Drop to the ground in front of you.

Sanya:Green: Pool:3/3  [Third floor, on west stairs]
Adam: Red: pool:1/1 [Second floor, right next to east stairs]
YURF: Blue: Pool: 0/0 [first floor, south stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 1/2 (some cloth) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on west side.]
Lepus: Yellow: Pool:2/2 [Second floor, between south and west stairs]
Thrakor(2): Purple: Pool:1/2 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding behind rock]
Kin : Light blue: Pool:2/2  (Blunt cleaver. severed left calf: movement hampered. Gash in shoulder. Wounds bandaged)[third floor, center platform]
Jamie(6): Dark red: Pool: 3/6 [First floor, right next to northern stairs]

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2012, 10:50:31 pm »

2 Points in Potency, 1 point in strength, 1 point in dexterity, 1 point in endurance. Run up the stairs. After I get up them, cast generic, pointing at the nearest wall.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 01:23:48 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2012, 11:19:29 pm »

Not useful enough to give me any information.  Might as well keep them, though.

Collect the specks- what are they?  Listen carefully to see if I can overhear any other magic words being said.

I wonder if there's a pool-draining spell.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2012, 11:23:09 pm »

All right, i don't feel as weak right now... I think I'm ready for another go.

"Look out everybody, I'm trying science!"

Clear mind, point in front of me, say "Kenthablaw" in a normal tone.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 11:58:34 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2012, 11:40:52 pm »

Use ghostly powers to collapse the roof!

Yeah, probably not going to work, but what if I get a 6? Or at least get this action recorded in the next turn.

Basically, I'm mildly impatient and significantly tired...maybe I should just close the tab.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2012, 11:48:06 pm »

"Wow... things are actually pretty peaceful here. I guess that people tend to leave you alone when they know that you have lightning at your command. Still, I might be a threat to myself with all of this raw electricity. I've got rubber though, so maybe I can do something to insulate myself."

If nobody tries to attack me, then use Magic Phrase A. If someone approaches with hostile intentions, then blast them with Magic Phrase B.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 435