Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 957279 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Not dead.
« Reply #1125 on: January 06, 2013, 10:46:11 pm »

Much of the murder that happens is unexpected, and that's never given a penalty.

Speaking of murder, +1 Pot, +2 Will.  No more 1s with this staff!

Go hide in the rafters.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 07, 2013, 12:39:46 am »

"Why do people always do this to me! Is "Gentleman" Bob Butler destined to die of a broken heart? Truly, it is a tragedy!"

Perform Plan Pink Penguins and Pachyderms.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:42:23 am by Harry Baldman »

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 07, 2013, 03:33:33 pm »

((That dexterity bonus is a real killer...))

Name: Larry Nelson
Appearance: Just a regular easygoing guy with no real magical ability to speak of. He can't seem to get any of the words in his tome to work.
Stats:
Strength 1
Endurance 1
Dexterity 3
Potency 0
Will 3
Channeling 0
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 07, 2013, 04:16:36 pm »

"Lady Fortuna, why do ye' want me ta' be an archer so damn badly?"

Word. Other Things, perhaps some more possible things.

((I am still amazed that I'm alive. Then again, being the only person who can fly and being on an unreachable area doesn't exactly hurt my longevity.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 05:03:10 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 07, 2013, 04:36:41 pm »

[color=#00338]"Lady Fortuna, why do ye' want me ta' be an archer so damn badly?"[/color]

((I am still amazed that I'm alive. Then again, being the only person who can fly and being on an unreachable area doesn't exactly hurt my longevity.))
((Thrakor has wings too, if I'm not mistaken))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 07, 2013, 04:50:13 pm »

((That dexterity bonus is a real killer...))

*rimshot*

Yep.  Flesh ones.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 07, 2013, 05:07:15 pm »

((Hail Toaster, Kefka impersonator.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 07, 2013, 05:13:35 pm »

Yep.  Flesh ones.
I have lived through sixty seven turns of the madness; and I plan on living for a good while more. My classical defenses; secrecy, hermitage, strength, flight; have failed others, thus I fear they shall fail me as well. This should be interesting.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 07, 2013, 05:14:23 pm »

I wonder why nobody has attempted to overhear what everyone else is saying, word wise.

Is it even possible for newcomers to stand a chance at this point?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 07, 2013, 05:18:50 pm »

((Hail Toaster, Kefka impersonator.))

10 bonus points for you!

I wonder why nobody has attempted to overhear what everyone else is saying, word wise.

Pretty sure they have and it didn't work.

No one seems to be ganging up on new players, so if they know a good spell, they might be able to catch someone with many points flat footed (or kill steal a titan fight.)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 07, 2013, 05:30:41 pm »

Probably. Most characters have a fear of getting too powerful and therefore too desirable. Ironically this actually turns into a theoretical armor for OP characters. Killing generally makes you a very good target until you become OP, which is when you aren't worth the effort. Being a new character means you are almost worthless and will just make the murderer a juicier target for aspiring warlords, such as myself.

As for vocabulary, we've tried. Apparently everyone is whispering.
Greater Collection

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 07, 2013, 05:32:34 pm »

((I think it was Spinal that tried to listen in on people, though he might not have gotten any words because he was to far from any guys whispering to make anything out.))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 07, 2013, 06:03:24 pm »

I'm here!! Wasn't paying attention!
Say Words

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Something happens if you reach (20)
« Reply #1138 on: January 07, 2013, 07:07:10 pm »

Quiet down, gaze at Grin.
Uhm... ok. It is... a bit chilly, today. Even through all this cloth, I can... feel it.

Crawl over to the giant cloth pile from a couple turns ago and wrap it around myself, and Grin should she not swat me away.

You crawl down stairs and carefully shove the pile of cloth back to the stairs, avoiding the attention of the bear. You crawl into the pile and motion for Grin to join you. You wonder how he'll take this invitation.

Much of the murder that happens is unexpected, and that's never given a penalty.

Speaking of murder, +1 Pot, +2 Will.  No more 1s with this staff!

Go hide in the rafters.
(no fourth pool point? How odd.)

You flap up all the way to the glowing crystals providing light to the arena and hide among them.

"Lady Fortuna, why do ye' want me ta' be an archer so damn badly?"

(Psssst. You didn't send me a word. Or anything really. Not in my email either, that I saw at least.)

Sure! Remember that OnyxJew over there killed a guy with a ton more points them him to get where he is right now. Plus there's always another newbie floating around that you can gain more  power from.  No one said this was going to be easy. Or fair.

Besides, something has to change eventually right?

I'm here!! Wasn't paying attention!
Say Words

[pot:2+1
[will:6-1]

You see a bit of a shimmer way up near Thrakor, but nothing seems to happen.

(He presumably wasn't expecting it! Shouldn't that give him a penalty?)

Words, etc
"Why do people always do this to me! Is "Gentleman" Bob Butler destined to die of a broken heart? Truly, it is a tragedy!"

Perform Plan Pink Penguins and Pachyderms.

[Bob dex:5+1]
[Phil dex:3+1]

[Bob dex:6+1]
[phil dex:3+1]

[bob str:3-1]

Bob runs at Phil, screaming about how theres "only enough room for one sensibly named person in this pit," and tries to shove him into the same statue phil was trying to murder him with moments ago. Bob's hands hit home and...nothing happens. He kind of shoves weakly for a few seconds but them gives up. He shakes his head in disgust and then yells a word.

[bob pot:1]
[bob end:1]

Bob vanishes in a burst of electricity and failure, reducing himself to ash and taking his power with him.

You swear you hear something echoing through the pit as he vanishes.

THE CYCLE OF REINCARNATION CONTINUES AS TALOS APPEARS ATOP ONE OF THE 5th FLOOR PILLARS.

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:3/4 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.)[first floor, north stairs, hiding in cloth]

Phil(2):Greatwyrmgold: pool:2/2 [obsidian left arm, hand blown up.][third floor,South east area]

Grin:Ironyowl: Pool: 4/5 (Left leg broken)[First floor, north stairs.]

Possibly(9):Onyxjew: Pool:2/5 (some cloth,flesh staff. right arm marked. Right hand marked. Fire claws.Crystal wings.) [fifth floor, southeast area, atop pillar]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:2/4 [fourth floor, south stairs area.]

Thrakor(13):Toaster: Pool:2/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[Fifth floor, hiding in the light crystals.]

Javier:Javier: Pool:2/3 [Third floor, west stairs.]

Talos: Spinaltaper: Pool:4/4 [fifth level, On one of the pillars in the north section.]

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 07, 2013, 07:16:00 pm »

Talos glances around.
Here again? Great.
Listen for words. Slowly sidle down the pillar. Keep on listening for words.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 435