Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 957280 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2685 on: March 04, 2013, 09:12:00 am »

Damn you 504

"Buncha wimps."

Also throw a rock.  If anything horrible happens, say MAGIC WORD at the cloud cover.  Otherwise, just keep going down.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: March 04, 2013, 12:20:52 pm »

"Hmm, instant wound closing? Nice."

Examine the altar, try to determine to which god it is dedicated.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: March 04, 2013, 01:10:45 pm »

"Wait, a word for tongue? Really? Huh."
More science.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2689 on: March 04, 2013, 03:57:13 pm »

Look for symbols and consult my scrolls.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2690 on: March 04, 2013, 04:19:03 pm »

"Riiiight. Everyone! Let's raid the damn basement for loot!"

Raid the damn basement for loot.

You run back to the stairs, down into the basement. You stop at the bottom of the stairs, not going into either the storage room at the end of the hall or the bedroom on the left. Because I don't know which room you mean and one of them has dangerous things in it, as you well know.

"Eh, a deity is immortal and all, right? They can pro'lly wait."

Head down/up the stairs I noticed earlier. Continue following fresh air, or light in the absence of air.

You head down, onto the first floor and the hall of heroes with it's many carved pillars and two rooms on either side. The door to the outside world is just ahead, still open and letting in the snow.

Shouldnt that have been 2+1 due to my 3 potency not to mention my flame god of potency mark?

head to basement with derm, draw the rune again preferably with my pot bonus

Well, you head down to the basement hallway with derm, again I'm not throwing you into the lions den without express instruction to go into one of those rooms. Because a waste of a turn is better then getting into an unwanted fight.

As per your last roll, yes, I did forget your +1 from your stats. My bad. I'll just tell you that the rune would have leaked out a small amount of rubber. As per the bonus from your god, I didn't forget that. It just doesn't do what you think it does.

Rebite thumb, or bite the other thumb, or finger, or something. Redraw circle in magic area.

Pour energy into it and then stand back.
[pot:5]
You redraw your magic circle, but it takes all this turn to do so; you don't have time to activate it. It is, however, ready to activate now.

"Riiiight. Everyone! Let's raid the damn basement for loot!"
Raid the damn basement for loot.
Aid action.

You join up with derm in the basement hallway.

"Hmm, room to the left full of meager chests and beds. Room forward full of mysterious crates and possible doom."

"Golden Sorcerer has a nice ring to it, don't you think? Now, to glory!"

Try to levitate the gold a few feet off the ground while I sit on it, making a nice floating seat for myself. Follow Derm, and attack anything that looks nasty with a fist sized projectile of gold from my seat.

"You know, now that our pool regenerates faster, there's really no reason not to make gold for me if you have extra pool that you aren't going to use."

[will:4+1]

Your lump of gold transforms into a magnificent golden throne which you take a seat on and proceed to hover all the way down stairs.

"Big Pimp'n, coming through."

Throw some pebbles into the foggy mist
Say words;activate rune

Uuuh, Thrakor? I suggest you go first!

You throw a few pebbles into the cloud layer. They pass through the clouds  without anything happening and you can hear them bounce down the path or a few seconds till they either come to a stop or fall off somewhere below.
[pot:1+1]

Your bad luck continues, mr. Javier.

Hm... the gibberish doesn't work in the hall but it does in the room with the metal bug... ah if only was fast enough to actually stand a chance agaist it... I'd have the room to myself. Wait... maybe it'll work in this room!

Say "Prathel" While in the bedroom and see if magic works here. Afterwards check every nook and cranny of the room to see if anything interesting is around.

Magic doesn't seem to work in here, so you begin tossing the room, looking for anything interesting. The chests at the foot of the beds hold simple things; robes like the ones the monks wear, heavier clothes, for outside no doubt, no grand treasure or weapons, beyond the occasional knife clearly made more for cutting food then men, but sharp none the less.

Damn you 504

"Buncha wimps."

Also throw a rock.  If anything horrible happens, say MAGIC WORD at the cloud cover.  Otherwise, just keep going down.
*Cough* "I could go first."

Kin goes first should Javier and/or Thrakor scoot to the side. Otherwise walk with them.

Kin an Thrakor walk into the cloud cover together. The path gets even more narrow through here, only about 2 feet wide, and the cloud cover makes visibility poor at best. As they descend, they hear things out in the clouds, see strange shadows swimming through the sky in the distance. 

A harsh call, an avian shriek, echos in the fog and suddenly a flock of crows tears out of the mist just overhead. They're strange looking things, bodies alight with an inner, flickering glow and leaving trails of electrical discharge from the tips of the their wings and eyes. They pass overhead, throwing arcs of electricity from their open mouths. Kin and Thrakor duck beneath them, avoiding the volley, but it looks like they're coming back for a second run.

Glassco turns from his new companion, looking at the monk again. "So it wasn't gods that did such then? Hm, well darn, there goes my pretty little idea that the eight shrines below were about that... You mentioned that the king, your king, made the first book, yeah? I'm guessin' that this book in my here hand be related to that, no? Stuff doesn't appear in my mitts without me knowing often, definitely not a book of gibberish that others seem to hold onto for dear life." Leaning in a bit closer to the decrepit monk as he asks his next question.

"If'in you'll indulge my curiosity a bit, you say this fellow, the Other guy, he's your power source? Now, how does it happen that the man behind the lock gives you power, power that you no longer wish? I'm guessin' you aren't quite liking your current arrangements... How exactly did it come to this? Would offin' him put you all down?"

Glassco questions more.

Yesssss, the book in your hands is a copy. Incomplete. But the power lies in the words and symbols, not in the book.

To use the words of the book is to give the Other influence over our world. The king summoned him with rites found in the deep, where he chained the other so that he might use it's power to rule. But it's corruption began to escape, so he commissioned the most powerful mages in his kingdom to seal it there.  And with it sealed, he scorched the lands to the north with the power he stole from it. But each word spoken, each rune drawn, leaked a little more of it out. And now the world has been changed. Men grow mad, creatures grow strange and terrible, and the land 'neath our feet seethes with unknown capacity.

It must be banished or this world will be torn apart at the seams and dissolve into a gray chaos for which there is no remedy. We hold it's influence back, use magics not of it but of the Eight Gods of our forefathers. We summon men with talent to do battle. And we wait for the world to end.

((Yay for poision power))

Uh Piecewise What is the pool regen now? Also follow derm, if possible words

Your pool is considered to be fully regen'd at the end of every turn UNLESS you're actively in battle. At which point it regens 1 point per turn.

You follow Derm down to the Basement hallway. Magic doesn't work here so...no words for you, sir.

Silica cautiously follows Derm and keeps away from the line of sight of anyone saying any words. She makes sure that she is in the central back portion of the group.
"Should we prepare some equipment in case there's anything dangerous in the basement?"
She also says words while aiming away from everyone else.

Perhaps I should work on contact lenses when I have some time, (I suppose I've been putting off magical experimentation for quite a while seeing as that's what killed me in the first place), I still can't get my eyes right (I can't seem to be able to get rid off the creepy energy flares that they display) and I'm feeling quite self-conscious about them right now...

But I suppose first thing's first. I need to prepare some contingencies, if the basement is dangerous, we'll need some way of mass-producing equipment quickly...
Also, Larry's new-found powers seem to have potential, if we were to put doses of gold inside our equipment, he might be able to control if it the operator fails thus giving us two chances for such actions. However... I don't want to rely on him too much. Should he become incapacitated somehow, we'll be a lot of trouble.

Well, you derm it up too, all the way to the basement, but you can't use words.

"~Dust-devilry-activate!~"

Say some more words.
[pot:3+1]

You summon a little man, made of dirt. He's the size of a small child. It doesn't seem to be alive, it's just a dirt statue.

I'll leave Glassco to his questioning, go down the stairs, head out the front door and cast a spell.

You walk outside and cast a spell.

[pot:1]
[end:2]
You get your bone spear alright. It's just too bad that it forms out of the bone in your right arm and explodes violently out of the flesh a moment later, leaving you with a hollow, bleeding banana peel of an arm and a very gory weapon on the ground.

[bleeding out:3 turns]

"No takers?  Oh well."

Say words and whatnot, then follow derm.
[pot:5+1]

The ground glows and splits again, and this time something much larger tears itself free. The body of a giant it looks like, half rotten, half skeletal, with a fiery green glow in it's empty eye sockets and a burning out from inside it's chest. It's easily 9 feet tall and very strong looking.

The gauntlets look like they'd weigh you down a bit, but not a lot. As much as a dagger or something similar you'd suppose. The turn key on them looks interesting though; it looks like it might do something.

You slip them on and gesture for your new minion to follow. You both make your way down to the basement.

"Hmm, instant wound closing? Nice."

Examine the altar, try to determine to which god it is dedicated.

You don't know any of the gods of this world so trying to figure out who this altar belongs to is a bit silly. It's got a silvery droplet as it's symbol though.

"Wait, a word for tongue? Really? Huh."
More science.
[Pot:3+1,3+1,6+1]
Whole body tingles, right foot tingles, left foot tingles.

Look for symbols and consult my scrolls.
You skim through your scrolls while looking around the room, running your hands over small inscriptions on the tables the candles are set upon.

As far as you can tell, this room is a memorial for the dead, with each candle lit being in remembrance of one person who has died. It looks like people have been lucky.

For now.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: March 04, 2013, 04:26:17 pm »

"Right. Various minions and Midas over here, Go forth into the storage room!"

Get my wee leetle man of steel to go into the room and scout it out.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: March 04, 2013, 04:26:40 pm »

FOR NOW.

"Crows... why does this seem familiar?  Yeah, I don't have what I really need to take care of them, but I suggest you watch out!"

Magical defense go!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: March 04, 2013, 04:48:03 pm »

Well... really isn't much here. Guess all the good stuff is in with the metal bug thing. Well off to explore some more. Hm... what's with all these people?

Grab a heavy robe to keep me nice and toasty and borrow a knife (it's better then going bare handed right?). Go out in the hallway and tell the people inside that there's a giant metal bug in the other room. If they go in and mange to kill the bug, follow them and see what's inside all the crates. If they don't, just head upstairs and force the GM to describe the room I'm in.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #2694 on: March 04, 2013, 04:50:50 pm »

"I can't really fight them, but I could try something."

Kin says a magic word targeting the avians. Retreat back up.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: March 04, 2013, 04:53:04 pm »

"Dammit, spellbook! Not the spell I wanted!"

I cast Summon Bandages.

Assuming nothing goes wrong, I'll then wrap my arm in the bandages and try to mentally command the blood in my arm to clot.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: March 04, 2013, 04:57:49 pm »

SCIENCE TIME.

Activate the circle I've put so much blood, sweat, and tears in. Mostly blood.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: March 04, 2013, 05:09:53 pm »

Yes!  Anyone have a suggestion on the name of my new minion?

Enter storage room with my minion, and order him to attack the critter.  If it doesn't die, cast Spell.  If it does die, take off the gauntlets and turn their key.  Then cast different spell.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: March 04, 2013, 05:12:09 pm »

Yesssss, the book in your hands is a copy. Incomplete. But the power lies in the words and symbols, not in the book.

To use the words of the book is to give the Other influence over our world. The king summoned him with rites found in the deep, where he chained the other so that he might use it's power to rule. But it's corruption began to escape, so he commissioned the most powerful mages in his kingdom to seal it there.  And with it sealed, he scorched the lands to the north with the power he stole from it. But each word spoken, each rune drawn, leaked a little more of it out. And now the world has been changed. Men grow mad, creatures grow strange and terrible, and the land 'neath our feet seethes with unknown capacity.

It must be banished or this world will be torn apart at the seams and dissolve into a gray chaos for which there is no remedy. We hold it's influence back, use magics not of it but of the Eight Gods of our forefathers. We summon men with talent to do battle. And we wait for the world to end.

Glassco asks more questions to the monk.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: March 04, 2013, 05:23:09 pm »

"Hahaha, now I could get used to this! I call dibs on any gold we find!"

Enter the storage room and hop off of my throne, before willing it to slam down on the bug.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 435