Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 960703 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2850 on: March 10, 2013, 02:17:02 pm »

But it doesn't have a material.
Having ghostly daggers encircle you isnt a viable battle tactic

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: March 10, 2013, 04:31:04 pm »

But it doesn't have a material.
Having ghostly daggers encircle you isnt a viable battle tactic
It does have a material. Cainthalsaz is arcane.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: March 10, 2013, 04:47:01 pm »

Oh wai... I thought you said a different word.For some reason I confuse "Aura" and arcane
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:56:04 pm by javierpwn »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: March 10, 2013, 06:47:52 pm »

Glassco bows to the monk once more. "I think I know I would serve best, as would he my purposes. I thank you, but I have one more question to ask, before I depart. I fear our task will never be done if we tarry here further." Glassco asks the question, waits for the response, then makes his way down to the second floor, the floor with the altars. Then he does stuff.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2854 on: March 10, 2013, 11:36:18 pm »

((Searching this whole temple is gonna take a while huh?))

Hm... well these eight sealers guys sound pretty evil. Overall... I don't really care. Though the map will be help so I'll keep that and continue with my kleptomaniac tendencies.

Put the poem scroll back but keep the geography one so I can reference it later. Leave the room and head to the other other room that's not the exit. As always, be careful of potentially dangerous stuff.
You walk out of the reading room, across the hall and over to the Candle room. It's a large room with several tiered platforms covered in thousands of candles. Only one of them is lit.

"~Weirdness-continues-forever-and-ever.~"

Say words. Also, attempt to float upwards under my own power, being made of wind and all.
[pot:6+1]
Nothing seems to happen. Hmm. It felt like it worked...maybe you're not doing something right?

You summon a giant lump of green plastic. Yay.

"Well, no time like the present."
I'll use the knife to create a tiny cut under a bandage and then place the end of the knife in the basin.

You use the knife to draw a little blood and then drip it into the basin.

You fall to the ground, screaming in pain. Your bandages strain and tear as your arm grows back in a burst of twisting tissue and blood. The mark of Parathun, a three eyed skull, appears on your right hand.

draw different rune circle on diferent crate, activate from safety of the hallway, follow derm

[pot:1+1]
Your mark burns.
The same thing happens as last time, with the rune in the large circle burning up and the blue glow. You shrug and follow Derm.

((OW))
"GODDAMNUSELESSPEICEOFCRAPTHATEVEREXISTEDWHYIOUGHTTABLOWYOUINTOTHENETHERREALMS!!!"
Stop swearing and cursing inanimate objects and say "Rali-Heliel Garstorpit"
[pot:3]
A mark attempts to appear on your left hand. But you have no left hand anymore so that proves difficult.

You are just having a string of bad luck aren't you?

((Man, we failed so hard it hurts.))

Kin gave up using words for now and decided to get up and personal. He tried to punch it in the head.
[Dex:2]
[str:6-1]
You wind up with a massive blow and...miss by a mile. It's quite sad, really.

What?! Sanya... ...damn it, there's no way to revive her. Her spell must have failed...
"Rest in peace. I guess I never really got to know you, but for what it's worth, I wish we met in better circumstances..."
Silica places her right palm on Sanya's body and says "Dorbaelo Adamenstiar" before slowly walking away to rejoin Derm.
[pot:1+2]
silica's body turns to diamond. And then it turns back again a moment later.

Well...close enough. You go catch up with Derm.

"Ooh, this looks like it could be worth a few coins."
Pocket the statue and say "Con-tel Taeaold".   

You pocket the golden bear and give your words a try.

[pot:2+1]
Nothing happens. Perhaps it was malformed.

Name: Yornich The Snail
Appearance: A tall, imposing fellow with a hooked nose, bushy eyebrows and a decent-sized red beard. Scowls a lot.
Was a feared legbreaker in the coastal town he lived in before being teleported elsewhere- the abstract, monstrous creature tattooed on his chest marks his allegiance to some bloodthirsty little gang. 
Stats-
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Dexterity: 3
You appear in the center of a magic circle, in a medium sized room. There is only one door out of the room and it's straight ahead of you.

Words.
[pot:3+1]
A tattoo appears on your chest.

ZentolX2!(said twice, two different spells)
Slice him up if he is still alive
Loot him if he isnt

I would suggest you stand back!

[pot:4+1]
[end:5]
The very first use of zentol summons forth an 8 fingered hand that closes itself around the ghoul and rips it down, straight into the darkness.

A mark appears on your stomach and one of the eyes opens.

Oh, fine.  I'll stop trying to summon the physical form of the elder god.

Exit building, then say words.  Then attempt to mentally repair the hole in my golem's arm.  If that's succesful, attempt to levitate the wheel I summoned awhile ago.

[pot:2+1]
[pot:3+1]
[pot:4+1]
Your head, your tongue, and then area just above your palm tingle/glimmer.

Your attempts to psychically modify your golem are unsuccessful.

Head down the mountain.

You make it all the way down to the middle part of the path, into the cloud layer. As you walk down a wisp of mist suddenly lashes out at you. You jump back as a vaguely humanoid being forms out of the clouds and blocks your path.

"Damn it!"

Watch out for portals to hell, say Words, then pick up the result and slay the ghoul with it.

[pot:6]
You summon up  a very nasty looking clockwork mace. It looks like its spikes can travel along paths on the surface of the mace, almost like the teeth of a chainsaw. It has a turn key on the bottom of it's handle.
Enter storage room. Say words at anything hostile I see.

You enter the store room but nothing hostile comes after you. Huh. Maybe it's been cleared out for the time being?

Name: Sanya
Appearance:
Still the same Sanya, short, quiet, and covered in cloth. As with each reincarnation, she takes a slightly different aesthetic- this time, her robes are black with large, eye-like designs. Much to her chagrin, these robes also fail to cover her midriff- more of a dancer's outfit than one for a mage.

Sanya remembers few details about the reincarnation process, but does remember having her abilities shifted about. She feels much more adept with magic this time around, but lacks physical strength.

Stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

First things first: walk over near the basement, try Words! then walk down to monster town with the new equipment.
Well, you make it back out to where you died at the temple grounds.

[pot:5]
You summon up a strange, silvery sword that is shot through with glowing, square spirals. It sort of hovers in mid air, ringing with a high, clear tone.

"Clouds... They'd be better if I turned them into gold... Maybe another day. First I need to kill something and learn how to cast."

Continue floating down the path through the cloud cover. Once again, golden pimp-slap anything that looks dangerous.
Well, you make it down into the cloud cover and don't attract the attention of anything nasty, but Derm and his wispy friend are blocking the path.
"Oi, move!"
[will:3+1]
One of your golden fists fires off and straight through the wisp. It passes straight through without harming the creature and ice forms over it's surface.

Find an altar to Nul-sheal and make tribute.
You run upstairs and use the knife in nul-sheal's room to make an offering.

A leaf seperates itself from the tree, the one that looks strangely fungal, and embeds itself in your chest.

"Cainthalsaz Zerth".
Orbit dagger around me.
[pot:1+1]
Fail hard 5:A good day to fail hard.

Glassco bows to the monk once more. "I think I know I would serve best, as would he my purposes. I thank you, but I have one more question to ask, before I depart. I fear our task will never be done if we tarry here further." Glassco asks the question, waits for the response, then makes his way down to the second floor, the floor with the altars. Then he does stuff.

"Only one. Any more would be to invite misfortune."

You move down stairs and give an offering at one of the shrines.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: March 10, 2013, 11:39:03 pm »

"Now this looks promising."

Wind up that bad boy!  Then keep exploring.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: March 10, 2013, 11:54:50 pm »

"Cainthalsaz Zerth".
Orbit dagger around me.
Try again.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: March 11, 2013, 12:04:14 am »

Hmmm.... rune science will have to wait until that mistwalker has been dealt with.

WORDS, unless he is destroyed first... in which case RUNES.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: March 11, 2013, 12:26:44 am »

Glassco nods, exiting the shrine room and looking over the white mask in his hands. After a bit of investigating, he puts it on and makes his way outside. Taking in the cold air for a bit, he mutters words, hoping for the best. "Damn I hope these notes are right..."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: March 11, 2013, 12:27:50 am »

'Where am I?! What happened?! Why am I-- Wait, no time for questions! THEY ARE AFTER MEEEE!'

>Charge through the door screaming bloody murder and attempt to bloodily murder anyone on the other side.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2860 on: March 11, 2013, 12:49:59 am »

"Department of redundancy department, paging Joseph Smith..."

Will my staff to become a nice thick rod of smacking, and grow some spore pods on the end.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:54:36 am by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: March 11, 2013, 01:09:05 am »

"~Odd.~"

More science is in order.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: March 11, 2013, 01:49:47 am »

Say words.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:22:50 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: March 11, 2013, 02:22:45 am »

I'll head back outside the building, staying alert for any trouble. If anything attacks me or Glassco, I'll use my spear. If nothing attacks, I'll try out another spell.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:19:03 am by SingularByte »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: March 11, 2013, 03:31:20 am »

Hm... I bet there is a secret here.... that or they just store their candles here since there is no electricity. Let's see how much video game logic applies to this world.

Look around the room to see if there is anything slightly interesting... or at least something that'll give me a reason to light up all the candles. If nothing at all then head up to the next floor and what i can explore from there.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 435