Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 960713 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: The turn of suicides.
« Reply #3735 on: April 03, 2013, 12:41:08 pm »

[Pft, you guys and your science. You could be Sky Pirates.]

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: April 03, 2013, 12:48:18 pm »

Put my windsword in the center circle and reeactivate circle. Assuming that fails, see if a complete fool junior Science Team Associate would stand in the circle whilst I activated it.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: April 03, 2013, 12:51:48 pm »

"Oooo, coooooooool..."

More runes!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3738 on: April 03, 2013, 12:53:07 pm »

[Pft, you guys and your science. You could be Sky Pirates.]
((And where will you sky-pirates repair and rearm your ship, sell your plunder or go for a night or wild drinking? Once we get some will or someone with will joins, our <secret building I have thought of and should probably share with the team> will have accommodations for all. I'll probably add a sky dock for you and give you a discount if you survive long enough and become regular clients.))

((Actually, I'm about to start some word-sciencing and I have 4 points in channeling. So I could join "We need a name!".))
((If you want to, then you're welcome to join. Our current members are me and miauw62. Miauw is sciencing in the village and I'm currently trying to kill myself while experiencing life as a diamondfire clam.

Just tell me if you want to join so I can send you the word list and mark you as an official member.))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: April 03, 2013, 01:20:07 pm »

I feel like just walking up to random people, and shooting swords of force out of my eyes.... Is that so wrong?

Samari45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: April 03, 2013, 01:24:50 pm »

I'd like to join "We Need A Name" as a sciencer as well if that's ok. I have 4 channeling as well. As soon as I get my wings so that I can GTFO if I need to, I plan on doing a lot of word and rune checking.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:28:08 pm by Samari45 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3741 on: April 03, 2013, 01:36:11 pm »

((Okay, to avoid uncertainty, anyone who wants to join and is committed to staying at the village for a while and practicing science, PM me your word list and your intention to join and you will automatically become a member with all the benefits and obligations this includes.

I am also wwilling to answer any questions you have about the team via PM.))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: April 03, 2013, 01:42:04 pm »

I'm starting to feel like the only person who is more worried about exploring then worried about !!SCIENCE!!

"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: April 03, 2013, 01:49:38 pm »

I'd be exploring still if I had a method of locomotion.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: April 03, 2013, 01:58:48 pm »

[Discounts you say? Well, we'd might be interested in that if things go well. Dying isn't that much of a concern, I died once already, Byte twice now. Only permanent death is player versus player death, death by corruption, and [REDACTED], so there's not much to worry about.]

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: April 03, 2013, 09:02:46 pm »

When confronted by an angry pitchfork wielding villager, there really is only one way to go.

"Rothon Shoshashzel"

If his words fall flat, Ozzy will grab the closest thing that could be considered a weapon, be it a stick or stone or anything else he can either swing or throw.

If there was still time before he got pitchedforked, the mohawked mage would throw his newfound weapon at the approaching villager.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3746 on: April 04, 2013, 01:36:42 am »

((I KNEW I forgot something))
"Ooh a pretty bird.... wait what was I doing?"
Words grab thing from words then other words
[pot:6+1]
You get a strange sort of thing, like a giant padlock in the shape of a shield. Or is it a shield in the shape of  a lock? Hm. It's a phantom image regardless, so you can't grab it.
[pot:3+1]
You get a steel hammer. It looks like a warhammer, but it's not quite as big as one should be.

Hmm.. That was anticlimactic. Ah well
Wander off looking for mountains and similar rocky place, say "Hathic Ratheale"
You're on a mountain/rocky place. All the buildings around here are carved straight out of the side of the mountain. The village center is a semi-circular divot in the mountain with buildings built into it's edge. You're still pretty high up on the side of the mountain. You're pretty much as rocky and mountainy as you're gonna get here, bro.

[pot:6]
You generate an enormous sphere of crystal several feet in diameter. Huh, wonder what you'll do with this.

((I don't know if Hobitaeaod works this way, but I'll try.))
Put the rubber where the chunk is missing and say "Hath-caon Hobitaeaod", focusing on merging the rubber to the missing part of my arm.
It does not work that way, unfortunately. Oh well, surely some kind soul can give you a brick of rubber control or something.

In that case, commit suicide and respawn with spd 1, dex 1, awareness 1, will 6, and if I still have a point, end 1.
"Fuck my frontal lobe!"
You repeatedly smash your face against the stone until you die. You reappear in the spawn room, strangely less magical and stronger willed.

((I had the completely wrong idea where Silica was and my browser screwed up when I corrected my post >.< I am now where near Ryan, I am with Sanya, Syvarrus and Jixiu.))
Silica continues following the party, she holds one of her cloth arrows in right hand and says "Dorbaelo Chall-thel"
[pot:3+2]
One of the cloth arrows becomes giant. It's still big and floppy.

Quote from: piecewise
Your intention is quite interesting. It might even work.
Not with that kind of roll though. Magic 8-ball says "Try
again later".

listen to the magic 8 ball, words and thoughts and stuff

Will resend pm once internets decide not to be worse than useless
You spell summons a strange looking crossbow. It doesn't seem to have any string or any place to put a bolt, just a crank on the side that does you're not sure what. Well well well.

-1 awareness.
"Damnit!"
Head outside,
"Cainthalsaz Shalzethtol Zzers Shaazeshelial!"
Activate mark, head down mountain path.

((I have no idea what this will do, but I'm pretty sure it will be deadly and/or awesome.))
[pot:1+1]
Or it just won't work.

Oh well, you made it out to the temple grounds at least. Yay!

((I'm with Tsuchi.)) Jixiu says "Clo-caltel Zorhaltoran Prathoal."
[pot:6+1]
You summon a very large, very strange looking clockwork warhammer. It has a trigger on it and it looks like the head of the hammer might open up or "unfurl" when that trigger is pressed. Huh, wonder what that will do.

((I knew I was forgetting something! And now I wasted a pot:6 roll. Oh well, more points for the everflame god.))

First try to deactivate my mark with my mind.
If that fails move like a bivalve and enter the temple, where the anti magic field will hopefully change me back. If my mark remains while in the temple, kill myself by using the knife in my god's altar.
If that fails, hurl myself down the back side of the temple, where either a random encounter or the fall will kill me.

If at any time I am successful at removing the mark, go out and say "Shaazeshelial Zorhalth Adamenstiar Clo-Caltel Harialltontal Zzers".

[we'll use that old roll]

We'll just assume you killed yourself somehow and respawned. Not like you had anything to lose, right?

You become a clockwork robot made of fire and diamond. You're basically a diamond clockwork robot with a chest filled with fire and burning eyes. Pretty awesome.

"Why is it always the batshit insane ones..."

Gazing deeply into his beautiful azure eyes, Possibly smiled. As he leaned forward, the bearded, massive-nosed Irishmen whispered. Zorhalth Phal, BITCH.
Zaral!
Then stab him if he evades/still is alive!

[onyx spd:2]
[javier spd:4]
[javier pot:1+1]
Nope
[onyx pot:1+1]
Also nope.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Javier and Possibly's spells both malfunction. They roll off each other and attempt to kill each other with the good old fashion method of stabbing each other in the throat. Javier's stab is fast and true, but Possibly slaps it away with his blade. And then promptly freaking misses with his own stab.

So far this fight to the death has resulted in not so much as a skinned knee.

Hm... well if he's pinned down that should do. "Oi, stay there and don't 'cause me any problems if you don't want your head to be turned into a fish."

Right let's see what this place has to offer.

Avoid the crazy guy while I look around for a torch or torch making stuff. Also glass bottles. Empty or with booze in it. Preferable with booze. That'll save me some words.

If the crazy guy somehow get's unstuck, dodge his attack and counter by grabbing his leg and yelling "Dorbaelo Doldastar".

((is there people following me? I thought i was alone o.O))

Edit:
((Another question, which words of Zzers, Harialltontal, and Shaazeshelial means quick, and which one means strong? I know one of those words means that and the third word probrably means the whole body... but not sure about it. More concerned with fast and strong.))
You find yourself a ceramic jug of mead and a torch. Coolio.

Err, did I land near the edge because the cloud shepard isn't on the path, or because I rolled a seven for dodge?

If It's the former, run down the path and say enhancement words, otherwise try again!  (Grab it and say grab words, or scream offensive words at it)

Also, since I died just a few turns ago, can I swap my point in awareness into will?  I didn't realize you could re-arrange points on a standard death.

And Onyx, there's a handy aggro recorder at the bottom of the statuses.
Well, it goes like this: if you rolled a five for dex you would have tackled him. Which is dangerous because the shepard is floating in thin air near the path and fucking it up means falling to your death. Your four resulted in you failing, but in such a way that didn't involve falling to your death.

As per changing your points, sure.
[spd:4+1]
[cloud shepard spd:3]
You run down to the lower section of the path and use your words.
[pot:5+1]
You transform into what can be best described as a mummified corpse with a bright green glow pouring from inside your chest, backlighting your ribs against your dry, darkened flesh. Your eyes are two plumes of green fire.

I think this is the game's revenge for me not dying last time.

PW:  If someone chucks me at an enemy Thunderball style and the impact kills them, do I get the point or the person who threw it?

"You know, if you turned your hand electric, you could hold me directly.  That way you could go all Perseus and use me as a weapon."

Some more words.

((Woo I know the alien word now.  Will trade it (or anything) for runes of control and either life or sentience... not like I know how I could possibly draw a rune as a head.  Worders really need a third point to get the cool stuff.))
I think it would go to you, since technically it was your brainbox that did the killing.

An image of a ring.
[pot:3]
The image of a...um...sausage? Something tube shaped. How phallic.

Also, I figured there was a tentacle word.  I must find it.

I like how my injury description has been changed to "Is a severed head."
I sense the future is strange indeed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIeB2Q2xmZQ

Wish for a wooden staff, around four feet long, with weighted steel end caps.

((That should help. The best thing about a stick, is that you don't have to hit people with it to do damage. Oh, and Toaster, you could draw runes with arcane eyebeams.))
The blood you spilled into the basin rises and forms the weapon you asked for.

"The fuck is that? Whatever, lets keep going! Best you say some words though John, just in case... Evasive maneuvers! All hands mind the edge! Keep all your limbs inside the moving vehicle at all times, for this ride might get a little bumpy, hahahahahah!" Well, Glassco seems to be enjoying himself none the less.

Continue flying towards the sea, taking evasive maneuvers and or dodging if necessary.
The clouds part and something rather massive screams toward you. It looks like a beetle, albeit a beetle the size of a small dump truck with brilliant, glowing blue eyes, a huge forked horn, purple shell and 8 wings trailing a hell of electrical discharge. And it's charging you, bringing a wall of lightning and wind with it.

"~TOD-3-OPERATIONAL! PRIME-DIRECTIVE: BE-LESS-STUPID! SECONDARY-DIRECTIVE: TEST-ABILITIES! SELF-MADE-DIRECTIVE: ADJUST VOLUME!~"

The creature punches itself in the head.

"~Right. Now-what? Oh-right. Accessing-Tod-Cloud-Memory.~"

Tod-3 twitches a bit, then looks enlightened.

"~Ooh-magic. Quick-test.~"

Run to a magically non-dead area, preferably out in the temple grounds. Do Magic.
You run out to the temple grounds and try out some words.
[pot:4+1]
Doesn't seem to work.
[pot:5+1]
Not that one either.

Bad days are here again.

I know where I am. Just being a little derpy. Also, thanks Xan!

Hmm... Maybe the words don't work here.
Go to the altar room and put blood into the basin. Then walk outside and say Karenthar Aels Gars. Then say Prathelthe.

I'll take you up on that offer Derm. I gladly join Team Aether Scratch that. "We Need A Name" is pretty short on members so I'd be happy to join as a sciencer if you guys don't mind.
Which altar is particular? We've got the eight of them after all.
"Can bring you there, no problem. Just tell me, would there be a difference between Con-tel Rothon and Rothon Con-tel? Your idea of an electric hand intrigues me, but I would hate shocking myself just because I didn't bother to find out if transmutations have a ridiculous rule on what should go first."

Kin will bring Thrakor back to the village (if he still wants to). He also says Con-tel Rothon.

((Who would get points for kills if I slamdunk Toaster's char and it keeps it shape? Me for doing it in the first place, Toaster for being the "weapon" or shared but rounding down? Or maybe even something else? Also, UNLIMITED POWER!))

[pot:1]
Your right hand becomes electricity...and then vanishes leaving a bleeding stump. Oh hell.

Hrmph. At least I have shinies.
Stare at shinies. Say Zorhalth Shaazeshelial. Hope it works.
[pot:2]
It does not.

Put my windsword in the center circle and reeactivate circle. Assuming that fails, see if a complete fool junior Science Team Associate would stand in the circle whilst I activated it.
[pot:5]

You recreate your circle and try again, this time with your glade sitting in the center. The yellowish light leaks from the runes and into the blade. The metal takes on a sickly hue and the stone beneath it hisses and smokes slightly.

"Oooo, coooooooool..."

More runes!
[pot:4+1,2+1,5+1]

Gets you a load of springs and gears, a tiny point of vacuum that dissipates quickly, and a burst of very destructive light that explodes as it hits anything. Huh.

[Discounts you say? Well, we'd might be interested in that if things go well. Dying isn't that much of a concern, I died once already, Byte twice now. Only permanent death is player versus player death, death by corruption, and [REDACTED], so there's not much to worry about.]
Be thankful I'm not sticking to my original Permadeath idea. It would certainly make things more tense but also be a damning annoyance. So we're going for the middle ground of "losing lots, but not everything."

When confronted by an angry pitchfork wielding villager, there really is only one way to go.

"Rothon Shoshashzel"

If his words fall flat, Ozzy will grab the closest thing that could be considered a weapon, be it a stick or stone or anything else he can either swing or throw.

If there was still time before he got pitchedforked, the mohawked mage would throw his newfound weapon at the approaching villager.

[spd:5]
[pitch spd:1]
[pot:2]
Oh dear.
[spd:2+2]
[pitch spd:3]
You grab a fist sized rock from the ground and charge in, wailing like a mad man.
[dex:4]
[str:1]
You succeed only in hurling the rock straight into the ground. Oh double dear.
[pitch dex:5]
[str:2]
And the pitch forker misses you entirely as well. Ah, thank Parathun for universal incompetence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: April 04, 2013, 01:50:47 am »

((Well damn, I need another pool.))
Say "Clo-caltel Shubha" and hope for a staff long and strong enough to serve as a walking stick.  If I get a suitable staff, look for something to kill.  If not, stay where I am.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: April 04, 2013, 01:55:26 am »

((Oh.. Ah well)
attempt to scavenge stuff from the town after saying "Hathic Shubha"
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: April 04, 2013, 02:18:51 am »

poke new crossbow with metal rod, if neither disintegrate pick up the weapon and test fire it at a wall after cranking it.
Grin like an idiot if the result is awesome, shoot someone with my original crossbow if it is not.

Afterwards walk over to the nearest house and zorhalth it 5 times from point blank range

Lets see what the next level of everflame favour gets me.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:17:50 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 435