Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10019 10020 [10021] 10022 10023 ... 10987

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13394514 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150300 on: February 28, 2020, 04:14:17 pm »

I mean, it has Milla Jovovich and Ron Perlman in it so I was at about 50:50.

Ok, I'll give you Hellboy.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150301 on: February 28, 2020, 05:07:30 pm »

Was sitting in a restaurant with my mom and my nan when they loudly started shit-talking the food, even telling the waitress that they would have preferred going to McDonald's instead. Pretty awkward. Then after we leave they're talking about the meal and saying "yeah, it was good".

Anyways, someone was fiddling with the water controls at work today and accidentally set off one of the misters. Luckily it was pointed at the wall, so nothing important was damaged, but the wall was soaked.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #150302 on: February 28, 2020, 05:33:49 pm »

Had a strange incident in Qvadriga earlier, a chariot racing game set in the Roman Empire.

Won my first race. Driver doesn’t improve.

Came second in the second race, second driver doesn’t improve.

Completely give up on the third race, take the outside lane for 2 of the 3 laps with no changes in my tactics for that time and finish last by a significant margin, driver gets a skill point.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #150303 on: March 01, 2020, 03:42:21 am »

So I reinstalled windows recently and it's been fucking with stuff for the past several days. Most notably Steam. Now Steam was installed on my secondary disk and didn't lose anything, tho it did report some missing files that it proceeded to fix upon launching. As it turns out, it did lose something because a number of games have been reporting as unable to install updates as they're missing permissions, so I'm guessing there's more stuff missing but reinstalling fixes that. The issue is that uninstalling doesn't seem to do jack shit. A game gets a bugged update so I go to uninstall it. Next time I run Steam it's queued for update again and still listed as goddamn installed.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #150304 on: March 01, 2020, 03:48:28 am »

Bought DUSK two days ago (awesome old-school FPS, BTW), installed today and launched it, and the menu is in Chinese, despite the language in Steam settings set on Russian. Had to switch the lang from inside the game, through dumbly clicking menus written in hieroglyphs and looking carefully.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150305 on: March 01, 2020, 03:52:19 am »

So I reinstalled windows recently and it's been fucking with stuff for the past several days. Most notably Steam. Now Steam was installed on my secondary disk and didn't lose anything, tho it did report some missing files that it proceeded to fix upon launching. As it turns out, it did lose something because a number of games have been reporting as unable to install updates as they're missing permissions, so I'm guessing there's more stuff missing but reinstalling fixes that. The issue is that uninstalling doesn't seem to do jack shit. A game gets a bugged update so I go to uninstall it. Next time I run Steam it's queued for update again and still listed as goddamn installed.
I remember having the same problem after an update relatively recently. I do not remember how it got fixed, though. Knowing me, I suspect it was either leaving it to sort itself out, or restoring the system to an eariler configuration.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #150306 on: March 01, 2020, 03:55:35 am »

Windows defender attempted to stop the new version of dwarf fortress from running. Presumably because it's retarded, but still, that's never happened before
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #150307 on: March 01, 2020, 04:14:31 am »

Yeah, had to reinstall Steam, deleting the game files and all as well, as a simple reinstall didn't fix anything. So now I got about a hundred gigs worth of stuff to download again :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150308 on: March 01, 2020, 02:54:43 pm »

Bought a new heatmat for my snake, his old one was warped and burnt and probably something of a fire hazard.

New one arrives, I open it up, it has a sealed plug. Now this means it's basically useless because very few setups let you feed something bigger than a bare cable through the back and it's not safe to put the mat under a wooden viv, so normally you need to remove the plug first to feed the cables through then wire it all back up. Since it's sealed I have to cut the plug off and go fetch the one from the previous heat mat and rewire the new mat to it.

Why in the world does a heat mat designed for reptiles not have compatability with most big terrariums in mind?  ???
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150309 on: March 01, 2020, 07:29:53 pm »

I was thinking meddling in the design to reduce costs, but then I also thought of another reason. If there's a removable plug and you electrocute yourself, they may be liable, but if you have to physically cut it off and reattach it they can say it was your fault if anything goes wrong ... even though their design was the culprit in why it went wrong.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150310 on: March 02, 2020, 07:24:33 am »

Still trying to get my W-2 form so I can file my taxes. The one that was(supposed to be) sent in January never arrived, probably due to being sent to my old address despite my parents claiming they took care of telling the post office about the move. A couple of weeks ago, had one of my supervisors email our HR department to mail a copy directly to my new address. I watched him send it, so I know the email was sent. The copy of my W-2 never arrived, and neither did a couple of other pieces of mail I was supposed to get... which actually caused me to be a day late paying a bill.

Now, I'm trying to regain access to my HR account, which I've only ever logged into once when we originally switched to this service(over a year ago). As such, I've forgotten my username. There is an option to have my username sent to the email attached to the account(which my definitely is)... except that email isn't being sent for some reason.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #150311 on: March 02, 2020, 12:48:24 pm »

Something about my spotify listening habits causes it to think I am a horse person.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #150312 on: March 02, 2020, 01:03:20 pm »

Something about my spotify listening habits causes it to think I am a horse person.
I went and listened to polka, which meandered into bluegrass and, ultimately, into irish christmas.

Together with my actual listening habits of 'oh they sounds nice lets hear a sample' and various podcasts on topics as diiverse as the desire to cheat in  a relationship and the best way to invest leave spotify recommending some  . . . erm, interesting things.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150313 on: March 02, 2020, 04:55:31 pm »

I'm supposed to be the primary operator of a new machine at work.

I have minimal training and I'm getting error codes that aren't even in the documentation.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #150314 on: March 02, 2020, 07:21:44 pm »

I have minimal training and I'm getting error codes that aren't even in the documentation.
Ah, so standard procedure then eh?
Pages: 1 ... 10019 10020 [10021] 10022 10023 ... 10987