Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Streaming Dwarf Fortress on Twitch? Time to hit the untapped market!  (Read 1595 times)

Sliver

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Well, I run a small livestream on twitch.tv where I play pretty much anything, and I've recently had the desire to get into Dwarf Fortress for the first time. I've seen someone play it, and even for people that don't get it, it's an absolute blast to watch.

So if you want to check out some live gameplay, and yell at me for doing nothing right because I'm just figuring it out, please stop by my channel tonight! The show is every day from 8-11pm EST. I'll certainly be playing it tonight, and hope to cast it many times.

http://www.twitch.tv/sliver59

Sliver

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Streaming Dwarf Fortress on Twitch? Time to hit the untapped market!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 05:28:18 pm »

Okay, so I can't figure out this game at all. Read the entire quickstart guide, and I guess I get how to do things, but not really what to do.

I'll have to return to this game later when I understand more. I was hoping to get the basics in a few hours.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:10:13 pm by Sliver »

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 06:21:38 pm »

Heh, yeah, it takes a while to learn. The wiki is always helpful, and there are some very good tutorials out there, but if you're going it on your own then prepare to pull your hair out. Working during those hours so I can't watch, which is unfortunate. Always good to see forts crumble =D
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Sliver

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 11:07:54 pm »

Thanks for the link! I was really hoping to learn how to play decently in a few hours. I hope to cast it next week as I keep learning the game.

Also, twitch uploads it all as a video when the cast is over. I'll be sure to link it in the thread if you want to watch.

Sliver

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 12:44:29 am »

Okay, my friend has contacted me and agreed to join me on my cast tomorrow to show me how to, well, not die.

So look forward to it tomorrow, provided he doesn't cancel on me.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 05:53:18 am »

Good luck. I hope I will have time to stop by and say hi.

Sliver

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 05:44:08 pm »

A little reminder, the cast will be on soon.

Unfortunately, the DF section has been pushed back one hour. So if you just want some DF action, show up then!

Sliver

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 03:25:09 pm »

We had a fun time last night. Here's a link to the recording if anyone is interested:

http://www.twitch.tv/sliver59/b/395301477

Not sure when I'll return to the game, because right now is a bit busy of a time to spend playing it. I'll be sure to post in this thread when the next DF cast will be! (Also check out the channel if you like watching games. Tonight is some Conker's Bad Fur Day with a guest)