Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many want to keep this up in the next release?

Me
- 16 (22.9%)
Me!
- 54 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 261

Author Topic: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.  (Read 496417 times)

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.
« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2013, 04:27:54 am »

coul i move my modding turn down the list 3 or so turns i am busy at the moment

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2013, 04:31:18 am »

coul i move my modding turn down the list 3 or so turns i am busy at the moment

Done. That puts Leibowitz up next.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2013, 06:38:52 am »

It's not my turn anymore, but made something based on my contagious disease stuff. Thoughts on adding?

Description: Any sentient creature can be cursed into becoming a famous vampire. To make vampirism more common, you can add creature variation HAS_VAMPIRES to creature - that makes 0.1% of that creature's population be unidentifiable "unnamed" vampires that don't have a history you could screen for. Vampires suck blood and receive physical attribute boosts, but unlike in vanilla they still eat and drink to avoid any stupidity with alcohol dependence and they do gain physical attributes with training. They are also not allied with the undead. Vampirism is properly contagious - if a vampire is present in your fort for one year, they will start converting other sentients present into vampires at a rate of 2 per year. If a vampire is threatened (fleeing), they may release a cloud of "dark blood" and gain insane physical attribute boosts for a few in-game seconds, going berserk for the time and trying to kill anybody nearby. This results in limbs flying and blood spraying a lot, and actually makes them strong enough to tear apart a storm dragon. But they will go for anybody nearby first when scared, so this is supposed to be pretty bad for you, but can be weaponized with some effort.

That last part can easily be removed if it seems excessive.

Edit: Alt version where they turn into a small and fast flying vampire bat instead when threatened:

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2013, 11:30:38 am »

Oh, it's my turn already? Yay!

...is there no file from BFEL to download? I should just commence work using the original ducks-and-halflings version?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 27, 2013, 12:22:04 pm »

...is there no file from BFEL to download? I should just commence work using the original ducks-and-halflings version?

I think he meant that you are being moved up one so that you are after BFEL rather than after Sackhead.  I'm pretty sure it is BFEL's turn (until the 30th).
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 27, 2013, 12:29:23 pm »

I think he meant that you are being moved up one so that you are after BFEL rather than after Sackhead.  I'm pretty sure it is BFEL's turn (until the 30th).

Right. I knew that...
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 27, 2013, 12:38:22 pm »

Right. I knew that...

No reason you can't start now!
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 27, 2013, 02:10:00 pm »

Aw, you added a screw. After I mentioned it, I had the idea of making the screw myself as part of my turn, and having it only creatable out of certain non-layer stones (to give them an actual use). That's fine though. I'll just start on some of my stuff now.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 27, 2013, 02:38:21 pm »

Aw, you added a screw. After I mentioned it, I had the idea of making the screw myself as part of my turn, and having it only creatable out of certain non-layer stones (to give them an actual use). That's fine though. I'll just start on some of my stuff now.

Sorry :P but it's not like we'll run out of things to make. Did you know the pump screw is now the only trap weapon component in existence, and programmed to suck compared to the giant screw?

Here's some more fun things for my proposed vampires since they were kind of boring:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Short: Vampires have bat form for fleeing (they don't really flee though), and will now occasionally slash enemies in combat with their claws, causing bleeding. This is arena tested to make small creatures up to horse size die after a short while; larger creatures like dragons don't really care. They will also slash friendlies just for fun, 3x/year, leading to that unfortunate person's death unless treated immediately.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 27, 2013, 03:19:43 pm »

Wait my turn still has three days left? o.o
I don't think the math on that was accurate, but if it IS, I just might have something appreciable to upload :)

Ok I looked up "Mallard" on Wikipedia and found that, no that isn't just a term meaning "male duck"
Which totally ruins the joke I was gonna make about having breeding pairs of homosexuals who ignore biology through sheer gay pride.
Alas, no booty babies for us.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 27, 2013, 04:27:43 pm »

Wait my turn still has three days left? o.o
I don't think the math on that was accurate, but if it IS, I just might have something appreciable to upload :)

The original file was uploaded upon the 23rd, and you had a week, so you had until the 30th, and today is the 27th.

It's accurate.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 27, 2013, 04:31:49 pm »

lol ok that's awesome.....still disappointed we don't get butt duckies though....
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Gargomaxthalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 27, 2013, 07:58:06 pm »

This is absolute insanity and will certainly, at the very least, be interesting. Those Vampires are particularly absurd and it is impossible to have to many dragon variations, Breath of Fire IV change my understanding of what it means to be a dragon in some rather horrifying ways. I've been trying to make my first creature and civ lately, so I maay actually have something to contribute at some point, yay!!!
Well lets see... at least half of what I say is complete bullshit. Hell the other half tends to be pretty sketchy...

OOOOHHHH,JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AND MAYBE I'LL GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

javascript:void(0)
javascript:void(0)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 27, 2013, 08:04:54 pm »

it is impossible to have to many dragon variations,

Already done with them and have moved onto the civilizations.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 27, 2013, 08:14:23 pm »

One thing that's always struck me as a little scanny in DF is that there are all these horrible big bads like night trolls and demons and megabeasts and the like, but there isn't really any in-game opposing force to balance them out.  It would be really cool if you guys could mod in ecologies.  Why are the werebeasties and demons and such so nasty?  Is it because they need to be to keep from being a werebeastie/demon/night troll luncheon?

I look at the arms race in biology that produced shelled tortoises, fast, toothy hounds, amphibious mallards and dandelion seeds (which are ground into a powder, producing the neurotoxin "malathion" for many insect sprays) and think to myself: you guys could mod in a creature, then mod in the prey for that creature or predators for it - this is a golden opportunity to create your very own biological arms race, depending on which answer to the last beastie was added in.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 261