Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many want to keep this up in the next release?

Me
- 16 (22.9%)
Me!
- 54 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 261

Author Topic: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.  (Read 496088 times)

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.
« Reply #705 on: July 16, 2013, 04:54:37 am »

Found the frozen blood walls. There is a copy of FINE_SAND_HLG at least as it was specified separately by both my and Leibowitz's raws. Suggest remove it from his inorganics and keep it in mine

If you have access to a linux command line then just go to raws and
cat *.txt | grep "\[*:*]" | sed 's/].*//' | sort | uniq -c | less to fetch and browse all tokens from all raws without comments and list how many times they occur. Output for inorganics:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This reading also seems to indicate that a LOT of things are missing _LKR and honeywine is missing STL :P

Also I'd say it's definitely laula's new raws

I do not have Laula's raws and this popped up.

Correct. Access to gems made of blood actually seems to be a problem in earlier versions too. However, never saw blood walls before, they seem to be pretty common now, and they could have to do with the duplicate inorganic, maybe.

Need to fix both, but the latter is probably the more critical issue.

emeralis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 16, 2013, 04:55:32 am »

Did you see my edits, and I do not have his raws. Oh wow, I'm dumb. Just ignore me.  :-X
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:06:29 am by emeralis00 »

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 16, 2013, 05:04:32 am »

Did you see my edits, and I do not have his raws. Oh wow, I'm dumb. Just ignore me.  :-X

It's an interesting find, didn't actually notice before... why would my dark blood show up as gems?

I don't see anything there that should make it happen. Anyone else? That said it's only used for vampires to be able to emit a cloud of blood when escaping in vampire form so it might just as well be removed. (must be also removed the following lines:

or they can then spew magma instead)

The above post was in response to the assumption that he didn't have the newest raws. Disregard :P

emeralis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 16, 2013, 05:05:51 am »

Ok, so what inorganic file should I delete?

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 16, 2013, 05:10:41 am »

If you want to get rid of "dark blood" altogether, you can try deleting inorganic_vampire_halfling file, and then you must make the modification described above in interaction_vampire_halfling. But does it, then, occur in the earth as gems in older versions too?

emeralis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 16, 2013, 05:14:07 am »

If you want to get rid of "dark blood" altogether, you can try deleting inorganic_vampire_halfling file, and then you must make the modification described above in interaction_vampire_halfling. But does it, then, occur in the earth as gems in older versions too?

I don't actually have his raws, I thought I did when I found the file I downloaded, but I never actually put them in the game yet.  The picture I put up of the frozen blood is not his doing.  I'm making the changes to the vampire and will let you know if I find more frozen blood.

EDIT: I made the changes, and now there are no gems at all.  No diamonds.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:20:33 am by emeralis00 »

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 16, 2013, 05:21:36 am »

Found the/an issue:

The duplication in fine sand that I listed above has occurred in STL's raws. Could it be that this is what's leading to strange material behavior overall, see: blood gems and fallen star bars/armor?

The answer seems to be "yes, of course and why did it take you so long?" (don't be so mean DF, we're trying our best)  -- removing STL's duplicate inclusion of FINE_SAND_HLG and returning ITEMS_HARD to STL gems results in no fallen star bars or fallen star armor available at embark (tried in 4 worlds) and no more blood gems (2 worlds). Furthermore "normal" gems and armor made of "normal" materials is available instead, which wasn't before.

Adding new materials like Laula did must have made it more obvious by causing the game to make the glitched material something really visible (walls of blood), which it must not have been before.

Sorry about the bold but I know that problem has been annoying some of us for some time.

emeralis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 16, 2013, 05:27:19 am »

Well, I'm just going to sit back and wait for you guys to sort the raws out, since I still can't find laula's raws.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 16, 2013, 05:30:59 am »

A very reasonable position. :P This'll be fixed soon.

If you want it immediately, laula's raws are in http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7834 and to fix strange use of materials in laula or StL raws, and both need the fix although it's less visible in the other, go to inorganic_STL.txt and remove [INORGANIC:FINE_SAND_HLG] and its subordinate lines entirely.

emeralis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 16, 2013, 05:33:06 am »

A very reasonable position. :P This'll be fixed soon.

If you want it immediately, laula's raws are in http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7834 and to fix strange use of materials in laula or StL raws, and both need the fix although it's less visible in the other, go to inorganic_STL.txt and remove [INORGANIC:FINE_SAND_HLG] and its subordinate lines entirely.

*looks at the raws* Yep, didn't have those.  You might want to put them in the link in the OP. After the fixes of course.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 16, 2013, 05:36:26 am »

my head is shaking so hard right now my hair is flipping all this water around and I look goddamn fabulous because of you and your not-reading-the-dang-errorlog.

I really shouldn't stay up this late.

emeralis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 16, 2013, 05:39:22 am »

my head is shaking so hard right now my hair is flipping all this water around and I look goddamn fabulous because of you and your not-reading-the-dang-errorlog.

This errorlog? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.msg4399641#msg4399641

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 16, 2013, 05:46:20 am »

LOL
but we did deserve it.

This errorlog? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.msg4399641#msg4399641

"Duplicate Object: inorganic FINE_SAND_HLG" actually does show up, but at embark, not at worldgen or arena, which I believe we checked and where that log is from too ;p

emeralis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 16, 2013, 05:48:31 am »

"Duplicate Object: inorganic FINE_SAND_HLG" actually does show up, but at embark, not at worldgen or arena, which I believe we checked and where that log is from too ;p

I admit that I had no idea the errorlog existed until this thread.  My mistake.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 16, 2013, 05:53:37 am »

No mistake, posting your errorlog at that time was definitely helpful and let us fix it faster. It just didn't find this particular issue because this error message is written at embark time for some reason, not at worldgen or arena start. I for one didn't know that's how it works. Overall, please post any errors you find anywhere.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 261