Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.3 ) ( UPDATED 06/04 )  (Read 57365 times)

therealmarauder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.3 ) ( UPDATED 06/04 )
« Reply #360 on: October 23, 2010, 08:50:25 pm »

Oh, thank you! Now maybe I won't kill small furry creatures.

Edit: I redownloaded the raw, and now I, unfortunately, still get segfaults.

Edit: I recopied DF and moved all the raws, and now I am not getting segfaults.
Then I reedited, and didn't get segfaults.
Now we see if it works. I hope it does.

I can see the things now. But, for some reason, my kobolds can't embark with a chopper any more.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 09:44:31 pm by therealmarauder »

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 23, 2010, 11:24:49 pm »

Sounds like your segfault issue was in the program. Perhaps it was a download error.

This new problem however is a bit stranger. I don't suppose you could post the sections of the RAW you edited, could you?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

therealmarauder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 24, 2010, 12:56:09 am »

Just the job_permitted segments. I inserted the entire woodworking, the entire crafting, and the entire farming trees.

[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CHOPPER] is still in entity_default.txt, as is shovel and bow and short sword. I haven't been able to embark with any of these, either, but maybe that's a failure of the version I downloaded. I downloaded from the link at the start of this thread, btw.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 24, 2010, 03:15:24 am »

Just the job_permitted segments. I inserted the entire woodworking, the entire crafting, and the entire farming trees.

[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CHOPPER] is still in entity_default.txt, as is shovel and bow and short sword. I haven't been able to embark with any of these, either, but maybe that's a failure of the version I downloaded. I downloaded from the link at the start of this thread, btw.

There's your problem, and the problem with this thread in general- the post at the start of the thread is from another person, who just started kobold camp's 31.xx version before he went inactive on it and I picked it up. His version is from mid-april I believe, before he stopped updating. Now you have to go for the version -last- posted. This explains pretty much everything, namely why your jobs are acting up.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 24, 2010, 10:38:18 am »

I downloaded from the link at the start of this thread, btw.
That does indeed explain the trouble.

I can't help but think you've already thought of this, Lagotrope, but perhaps a new thread is in order for the 1.x versions of Kobold Camp? ;D
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 24, 2010, 03:29:13 pm »

That does indeed explain the trouble.

I can't help but think you've already thought of this, Lagotrope, but perhaps a new thread is in order for the 1.x versions of Kobold Camp? ;D

That I have, and in fact already tried once back at version .8 or something. But (maybe I didn't give it enough time) my thread was unmoved, and posts kept coming in this older thread. Perhaps it's about time I try again, this isn't the first time people keep downloading Pathos'.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 24, 2010, 03:42:09 pm »

Perhaps it's about time I try again, this isn't the first time people keep downloading Pathos'.
I think it's got a better chance of success, what with "VERSION 1.X, DOWNLOAD HERE!" or something.
Even just "UPDATED xx/xx" would be  good, because then we'd know that's it's more recent.

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 25, 2010, 12:01:52 pm »

Posting here to remind myself to try this sometime!
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

wrytalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 26, 2010, 12:44:42 am »

Wood mechanisms seem to be bugged for me. After producing just one mechanism to begin with, my engineer now just hauls a log out to the shop, spends a few seconds IRL-time with it, and then the log disappears with no mechanism produced.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 26, 2010, 01:29:17 am »

Wood mechanisms seem to be bugged for me. After producing just one mechanism to begin with, my engineer now just hauls a log out to the shop, spends a few seconds IRL-time with it, and then the log disappears with no mechanism produced.
That's not a bug. The reaction eats a log every time it is run, but has only a 40% chance of producing a mechanism. The fact that you apparently got a mechanism the first time you ran it was a fluke. Just run it several more times, and you will eventually get more mechanisms.

It's to make it so that kobolds can't just trap the crap out of everything as effortlessly as dwarves can. Kobolds suck so much that everything is harder, even the easy stuff. That's why it's a challenge mod  8)
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 26, 2010, 01:34:16 am »

It's a very funny and nicely-drawn piece of artwork though!
Please find and document stuff more often!
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

wrytalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 26, 2010, 03:00:57 am »

That's not a bug. The reaction eats a log every time it is run, but has only a 40% chance of producing a mechanism. The fact that you apparently got a mechanism the first time you ran it was a fluke. Just run it several more times, and you will eventually get more mechanisms.

It's to make it so that kobolds can't just trap the crap out of everything as effortlessly as dwarves can. Kobolds suck so much that everything is harder, even the easy stuff. That's why it's a challenge mod  8)

Oh, well I guess I'll just keep making my 100% chance of being produced stone mechanisms out of imported rocks, then.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 26, 2010, 04:58:58 am »

Oh, yes, much of the dev that I've forgotten about. Partial chance of wood mechanisms, the rock importing that made that a bit asinine... may just make the wood mechanics 100% since wood is pretty valuable and because of the rocks, and to avoid confusion (and unfortunately perhaps a comic that made me giggle.)

Originally you couldn't import rocks and ideally it would've stay that way, but it messed up other stuff, what that was I forgot. I think its absence made other things go missing like choppers or somesuch. The whole thing gave me trouble, enough that I'd rather not touch it after reaching some kind of equilibrium.

But yes, NecroRebel said it as I intented, the way mechanics were set up was so that it was harder than normal to just make a 3x20 hallway into a cave completely laid through with traps, making a deathtrap that would most likely be better than a kobold army. Wood ones used to be real low like an 8% chance. Now they're not so bad, and it's more a player end choice of difficulty whether to embark with stone or not (or few stones.)

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 26, 2010, 07:05:27 am »

So, I got around to trying it out.

Haven't even embarked  yet, and saw that my civilization was "The Tome of Hugs."

I'm already screwed.  :D
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 26, 2010, 08:26:12 am »

Did you try to make most of the rocks undiggable and some soft ones diggable? It would allow you to live in soil and rarely get some rock.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26