No Poll

For
- 0 (0%)
Serious
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2012, 06:17:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 252

Author Topic: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!  (Read 364869 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Mabinogi-On Steam! Dragon slaying manual. (Page 151)
« Reply #2295 on: July 16, 2013, 10:13:59 am »

Not sure what skills you get for talent tutorials.

Rush of Love is not even that hard and you get ducats as well.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: July 16, 2013, 10:23:43 am »

Man, you guys and your tutorials...  Back in my day we didn't have talents, they just dropped you in the world with a short sword and a loaf of bread and sent you to consult the crazy fox guard.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: July 16, 2013, 10:26:17 am »

Man, you guys and your tutorials...  Back in my day we didn't have talents, they just dropped you in the world with a short sword and a loaf of bread and sent you to consult the crazy fox guard.

Those were the days.

I'll miss you Eiry. You are better then the actual sword spirit girl, why can't I have you again Eiry? WHY?  :'(

I'm thinking of rebirthing Estus to do Warrior, just so I'll actually use Defense and get that ranked up some. But then it also means all my offense goes down the hole, since all my skills and equipment is used for Fighter...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: July 16, 2013, 10:29:06 am »

I miss Eiry too. Naming the sword spirit girl isn't just the same.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: July 16, 2013, 10:55:54 am »

I'm thinking of rebirthing Estus to do Warrior, just so I'll actually use Defense and get that ranked up some. But then it also means all my offense goes down the hole, since all my skills and equipment is used for Fighter...
As we end up saying in Pathfinder every week to someone: Play what you want to, we'll make it work.  Don't worry as much about playing to fit a role, as playing what you'll have fun with.

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: July 16, 2013, 12:17:40 pm »

been reading :D about combat power and i must say that i am amazed.
"The two highest CP-giving skills will be the only skills that affect CP. The skill with the highest CP will contribute all of its CP to the player's total CP rating, and the 2nd highest will only give half of its CP."
That means that the only worry for me as an alchemist when ranking another skill is possible the stat cp that each skill gives because i am already ranking 2 skills. And the total AP`s :D Theoretically i can rank a shit ton of other skills, unlike what i previously thought. Practically i don't have enough AP`s.
So... is this right?
And if it is why is windmill still tough to rank if you rank other skills as well?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: July 16, 2013, 12:26:15 pm »

Windmill is one of the highest CP giving skills. At high levels, you need to hit 3 enemies at the same time. The highest is 5 or 6 I think. Some of those requirements need "Strong", "Awful" and "Boss" rank enemies and those ranks are based on your CP relative to the enemies.

On the plus side, you only need 1 enemy of the appropriate rank when it says to hit multiple enemies.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: July 16, 2013, 12:29:25 pm »

Practically i don't have enough AP`s.
So... is this right?

100 % correct.  :D

Windmill is one of the highest CP giving skills. At high levels, you need to hit 3 enemies at the same time. The highest is 5 or 6 I think. Some of those requirements need "Strong", "Awful" and "Boss" rank enemies and those ranks are based on your CP relative to the enemies.

Generally speak, not all skills are equal when it comes to training requirements. When in doubt, consult a guildie or the wiki.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: July 16, 2013, 12:33:46 pm »

Any skill that demands certain levels of enemies is a tough one to train.  "Hit a Boss level enemy with Magnum Shot" is the most annoying.

You will ALWAYS be short on AP, especially when you get into certain skills.  Crash Shot is the most AP expensive skill in the game, and the Magic Talent is the most expensive - 3 bolt types, 3 intermediate magics, 3 elemental masteries, bolt mastery, magic mastery...  Just a lot of skills to rank.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: July 16, 2013, 12:39:04 pm »

Don't remind me of the AP needed for magic. Getting rank 5- rank 1 needs about 200+AP.

Hell, most of my puppet skills are rank 9 except for the AOE skills. Those are at least rank 5.

Also, the major milestones in ranks are the following: Rank 9, Rank 5 and Rank 1.

You will notice a big jump in improvements and AP requirement in those ranks.

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: July 16, 2013, 01:31:42 pm »

Why is magic considered very expensive? is it because of item cost or?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: July 16, 2013, 01:40:18 pm »

Why is magic considered very expensive? is it because of item cost or?
You need wands or staves to use it effectively, and they repair VERY expensive.  Plus tons of AP-expense and MP potions.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: July 16, 2013, 01:40:50 pm »

Wands are like 50k a piece. You need these wands upgraded for it to be worth while. You can buy fomor wands to save gold since those cost less but you need ducats. You still need to upgrade them which means more repairs costs.

There's also the MP cost. If you buy your MP pots then it will cost you 12k-20k per stack of 100 MP pots.
If you make them yourself, you need to rank production, herbalism and potion making.

For the actual magic themselves, you have magic mastery for MP, bolt mastery, fire/lighting/ice bolts plus elemental mastery per element and fusion mastery.

Fusion is actually the best skill but it needs all the bolt spells at rank 1 to be effective. Then there's the quest for higher level magic.

Also mana shield. Its costs both your life and way of attacking. There's also meditation. Free MP but will eat at your wands if you leave it on all the time.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:47:50 pm by majikero »

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: July 16, 2013, 02:24:22 pm »

As we end up saying in Pathfinder every week to someone: Play what you want to, we'll make it work.  Don't worry as much about playing to fit a role, as playing what you'll have fun with.

I do have fun with Fighter, but I also like heavy armor and swords. And defense is good to have as well. Just as a Fighter with the Strike, Focus, Counter Punch, and Counterattack? Never a reason to throw up Defense to actually rank it up.

Also I think another reason magic is high AP is because it's REALLY strong once it gets going. Once you play as Mores in a RP dungeon, you'll understand.

I am pondering to make an Elf in preparation for Gunner. I know it's INT-based, but I'm tempted to make her a Warrior for now... I'm not sure though.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: July 16, 2013, 02:29:51 pm »

You can't compare to Mores. He can chaincast fireballs! That's like cheating.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 252