No Poll

For
- 0 (0%)
Serious
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2012, 06:17:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 252

Author Topic: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!  (Read 362495 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Mabinogi-On Steam! Dragon slaying manual. (Page 151)
« Reply #2565 on: August 06, 2013, 05:39:35 pm »

I don't even care about guns anymore.  All I want is a pet that collects spider webs...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: August 06, 2013, 05:56:13 pm »

As a puppeteer, control bar damage is insignificant unless you have large amounts of dex and str. You'll probably have better damage output with other skill set if you do have large amounts of str and dex.

The puppet is already strong on its own. Rank 1 puppet and control skill gives a base damage of 245 max. The 70% from you is just icing on the cake.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: August 06, 2013, 06:48:09 pm »

Mmm. I was just wondering if it was worth it making my puppeteer an idol. To be honest I'm still unsure which character I want to main... The giant warrior is probably the easiest, which also somewhat translates into fun. I'm starting to run into Sigfrain's limitations as a lancer as well. Puppeteering is... odd. I honestly have no clue if I love it or hate it. Definitely takes some getting used to. Crafter is fun, and I'll probably keep them around just to play on Mondays and possibly Fridays and whenever I don't really feel up to concentrating on combat.

Gunner of course I still want to try. Still also haven't made a Fighter. Might try an alternate warrior with dual wielding as well. I might try an alchemist when the update comes out that makes them less desperately reliant on specific items. I also might give my pure mage from start another go when that update is live because right now she's kind of tedious and underpowered.

Yes I have a problem. So indecisive. And I always have more ideas for characters. I swear I like thinking them up more than playing them.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2568 on: August 06, 2013, 07:42:07 pm »

Hint now, pure anything doesn't work. Even dedicated close combat characters will take bolt magic and mana shield. Fighters use defense/counterattack. You can certainly focus on one skillset but if you're strictly only going to take skills in the magic tab for instance you're in for a world of hurt.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: August 06, 2013, 08:16:14 pm »

I meant pure as in, my mage isn't going to pull out a two-hander and windmill an entire room while trudging around in platemail. Like half the other mages in the game probably would. :P

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2570 on: August 06, 2013, 09:10:17 pm »

Okay, just making sure you follow. :P

While platemail is actually a good choice for mages in mabi, moreso after the big rebalencing coming after the saga, alternate choices are hebona set pieces, which I think are pretty cheap for end game gear, or just whatever you think looks good. A lot of magic set bonuses are on cloth armor, I can't think of anything that isn't hebona. MP usage reduction is always nice as a big part of what makes being a mage so expensive is the no doubt toxic amounts of MP potions you guzzle in dire situations.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:20:11 pm by Seriyu »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: August 06, 2013, 11:12:40 pm »

Okay, just making sure you follow. :P

...hebona set pieces, which I think are pretty cheap for end game gear...

...hebona set pieces, which I think are pretty cheap...

...are pretty cheap...

...cheap...
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: August 06, 2013, 11:59:33 pm »

Games going down for maintenance tomorrow (today?) Nexon says its for the gunslinger talent. And some events. And a.. scooter pet?

Also, given one of the events seems to be guild related, it gonna be reopened anytime soon?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2573 on: August 07, 2013, 12:07:17 am »

I dunno, that's up to Ibid. I've tossed him a PM and he hasn't responded so we'll just have to wati and see. We might be able to participate even with an inactive guild. Also yes, soon you too can ride around on a rascal scooter in a medeval world.

I am being 100% honest when I say that is wonderful and I look forward to just herds of scooter riders.

CHEAP

I haven't checked okay it's probably pretty cheap compared to where it was it seems like everything's gone down

:P

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: August 07, 2013, 12:15:17 am »

And a.. scooter pet?
Heeeeell yeah. Get a load of this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I dunno, that's up to Ibid. I've tossed him a PM and he hasn't responded so we'll just have to wati and see. We might be able to participate even with an inactive guild.
CHEAP

I haven't checked okay it's probably pretty cheap compared to where it was it seems like everything's gone down
If this guild title event is the same as the other guild title event, it'll be something like "recruit 6 people into your guild and get a CUSTOM TITLE" so.. we will need a refresh if we want a special title. It might also help to have a special title in mind beforehand.

And no, the robes are definitely still as expensive as always. 9999999 gold anyone???????? (or you could offer a trade or try and haggle but that's lame and uncool)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: August 07, 2013, 12:39:00 am »

Tomorrow is THE DAY.
I didn't even rebirth my Elf.
Dammit Xillia and Dragon's Crown. Damn you!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: August 07, 2013, 01:02:09 am »

Give me a motorcycle that transforms into a dark knight with you, and I might actually spend money. Maybe. If I have money. Ever.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: August 07, 2013, 01:02:31 am »

Think of it this way: now you can rebirth into the talent and learn all the skills at once. And play a tutorial, which you might actually need since guns are a brand new thing.

But from what I've read it's all SHOOTING RUSH BULLET STORM SHOOTING RUSH. And if you get into trouble you can use Frenzy I guess.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2578 on: August 07, 2013, 01:29:22 am »

I would like to say from experience that seemingly every new skillset that comes out seems like it's gonna be CRAZY OVERPOWERED and then you actually play it and you're like oh god how do I do this I've died twice in this room what went wrong so expect some difficulties!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: August 07, 2013, 06:50:54 am »

Here's hoping that elves can fire while riding scooters.  And hoping that elves can fire guns while riding.  I can finally start doing drive-bys on a Vespa!

This is one pet I might have to get, if only so that I can power-train it massively and watch my little scooter go and auto-attack bears.  I just really hope it doesn't have some on-summon-attack...
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 252