Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: Death and Glory!  (Read 56057 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Death and Glory!
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2008, 07:09:00 am »

Jadugarr and Smiley return to the kentaur encampment in search of the bowmaster.  Once they had left the cave, Smiley woke up, said he felt much better, and began trotting along behind Jadugarr again, bells jingling incessantly.

When they reached the village, they found that the bowmaster was not standing in the same place he had been when they left.  This was most troubling, as important people are not supposed to move great distances, in case someone wants to talk to them.

Jadugarr briefly considered what life would be like as a liason, with their innate ability to home in on important political figures.  He assumed that there must be some sort if training course however, and that was not a very pleasant prospect.  Jadugarr would rather be fishin'.

And so Jadugarr and Smiley wandered around the village for a while, trying to find the bowmaster in order to garner a rewarding pat on the flank.  Maybe a little brushing, if they were lucky.

Time out here for a moment.  Last I checked, the vote was for Jadugarr to raze the village to the ground once (if) the quest was completed.  Well, that was before Smiley entered the picture, and I doubt that he-she would be too keen on Jadugarr's destruction of his-her home.

So what'll it be?  Turn traitor and kill everyone, including Smiley?  Or carry on being friendly, at least until the smile is finally wiped off the face of the earth?

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2008, 11:06:00 am »

You can't kill Smiley after that fight!  She is the Penfold to your Dangermouse, the Watson to your Holmes,
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2008, 01:04:00 pm »

Take smiley out into the wilderness, then break all of his limbs and leave him there!!! Loyalty is for the weak!
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2008, 01:09:00 pm »

Seconded.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2008, 02:19:00 pm »

Smiley will never die.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2008, 02:23:00 pm »

I say take another round at fish-fighting. From the shore this time, and avoid charging into the water. Smiley should go take a swim with the fishies, especially considering he can't swim.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lord_Frodo

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2008, 05:03:00 pm »

I think I'll agree with Sean. DEATH AND DESTRUCTION MUST OCCUR.
Even the cutest things can be endearing when on fire. ~ Cajoes
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2008, 07:00:00 pm »

Continue slaughtering random fish, with Smily. The damn thing must be invincible after what she's been through.
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2008, 07:59:00 pm »

Yeah, Fish in a heavily carp infested river, then if/when Smiley becomes Carp chow... BURN DOWN THE VILLAGE!!!!!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2008, 01:41:00 am »

I vote let smiley live.  He/she/whatever deserves life after half it's body turned into the consistency of glue.(ha?) I mean really, wouldn't you need some comfort after that quality butt kicking?(HA!)

When smiley dies however go on a killing spree wielding it's corpse.  If everything works out well you'll have twice the typical amount of legs for throwing too.  And they'll have that hard hoof on the bottom too! Handy. Or, hoofy, whatever, I'm tired.

EDIT: Oh and now I bet a baby Feebas with blizzard that Smiley outlives you. Sure it doesn't have a good nature, but it's the son of two competitive milotic, good chance of good IVs.

If you do end up fighting smiley I vote you fight in an honorable unarmed unarmored wrestling match.  No targeted wrestling let the gods of the RNG choose the victor.

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2008, 03:39:00 am »

Targeted wrestling?

fraeuleinwunder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fraeuleinwunder.deviantart.com
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2008, 08:36:00 am »

Wow, what a story so far, I totally enjoyed reading it. Having made it this far with Smiley, I'm pro letting her alive. However, I'd also propose a random killing frenzy as soon as she dies. Sort of getting mad after losing a companion, without regard to the nature of the persons unluckily crossing your way. Don't forget the eye gouging thing, though.  :)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2008, 09:01:00 am »

Okay, fishing it is then.

After spending more fruitless hours searching for the elusive bowmaster, Jadugarr huffed angrily and gestured for Smiley to follow him.

They made their way through the forests to the east, where a great and mighty creek trickled into the Worthless Oceans.  However, they had somehow managed to pass by it without seeing it, and so were quite a fair distance past its alleged position when they turned back.

Not long after they did, several growls emanated from the nearby scrub.  As the pack of wolves closed in, one broke free of the group and charged at the two kentaurs, bent on sinking its teeth into juicy flesh.

Jadugarr jumped back from the wolf as it made a lunge for him, and then struck it with two quick lashes from his whip, tearing open small strips of the wolf's hide.

As blood seeped down the wolf's leg, Jadugarr opened up another gash in one of the other legs before Smiley charged at the wolf, causing it to jump away.

Jadugarr left that wolf to his jingling companion, and set his eyes on the rest of the pack, which was moving closer with every moment.

Just as Jadugarr struck open the nose of a wolf which had the intent of attacking Smiley from behind, the jester delivered a powerful kick to the first wolf, crushing the wolf's liver to a pulp.

Another lash tears open a gaping hole in the second wolf's belly, and yet another rips terrible wounds in the creature's stomach and kidney.  With this, the wolf is overcome with internal pains and collapses to the ground in a heap.

Smiley, in the meantime, stomps down hard on the first wolf's left front leg, smashing the bones and shaping the leg into a most peculiar shape.  The pain from the shattered leg bone, and that of the bone fragments piercing nearby muscle cause the first wolf to join its companion in unconsciousness.  Two down, more to go.

Bringing his arm back in a sweeping arc, Jadugarr then snaps his whip into the face of the third wolf, tearing out an eye (Jadugarr congratulates himself inwardly for increasing the range of his effectiveness) as well as rupturing the wolf's windpipe.

Not to be deterred by this setback, the dark gray wolf gurgles what might have resembled a snarl under other conditions, and then locks his jaws into the jester's left bicep.

Smiley, taken aback, stands up on his hind legs and swings his right hand around and into the wolf, smashing into its upper body with a resounding crunch.

Smiley then uses the momentum from falling back towards the ground to tackle the wolf onto the ground, allowing Smiley to punch and kick the wolf to his heart's content, bells tinkling merrily with every thudding crack of a connecting fist.

Jadugarr leaves Smiley to this task, and walks the perimeter around the three prone wolves and one slightly deranged kentaur, looking for more wolves.

Not finding any, he makes his way back to one of the unconscious wolves and wraps his whip about its neck, strangling it into a permanent slumber.  As he does so, Smiley grins wildly and plunges his elbow into the wolf's skull, crushing it into fragments and turning the brain underneath into an oozing gray paste, spraying flecks of gore across the jester's crazed face, speckling his namesake smile with small dots of red.

After having experienced the joy of switching the positions of beater and beaten, Smiley bludgeons the first wolf's upper body into a heavily dented form, causing its innards to burst out from the pressure.

And then Smiley begins to work over the wolf which Jadugarr is currently strangling.  Jadugarr attempts to explain the situation, but Smiley appears not to hear and continues punching the comatose canine.

Another fearsome punch causes the wolf's lower body to splatter into a similarly insubstantial mass as the upper body of the first wolf and the head of the second wolf.  Jadugarr would need to keep an eye on this outwardly innocent kentaur...

Jadugarr gives a disgusted grunt, and loosens his whip from the dead creature's neck.  And with that, the two adventurers moved on.

As night falls, Smiley suddenly runs off into the darkness beyond Jadugarr's vision.  Running after him, Jadugarr finds him locked in combat with (and vomiting upon) a large mountain lion.

Several clawmarks decorate the jester's flanks, and chunks are being ripped from their native locales by the cat's massive jaws.  It then tears apart Smiley's previously crushed lower body, causing him to pass into unconsciousness.

Jadugarr, seeing this, tries to quicken his pace in the hope of saving some remnant of his eccentric kinsman.  As he runs towards the large cat, it tears off one of his legs and stands triumphantly over the prone jester.

Things begin to look very dire for Smiley, as he is quickly being disassembled into his component parts by the predator.

Jadugarr reaches Smiley and begins to lash at the large cat's body, but it will not be deterred by the light smacks of the whip.  And, with sickening finality, it slashes a mighty claw with its viciously curved claws and severs the jester's head from his shoulders, sending it into the air to land a few feet away, bells jingling for the last time as the lopsided hat miraculously manages to stay on Smiley's head as it rolls along the grass, and finally comes to a stop.

With a howl of rage, Jadugarr lashes the cat with wild abandon, tearing it to bits with his vengeance-fueled strength.

May he always be remembered.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2008, 02:04:00 pm »

Finaly.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

K4tz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »

Let's get this fish hunting going  :D

I want to see at least one shark hunted by the time Jadugarr dies :P

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37