Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: [Released] Dwarf Fortress Remote for iOS  (Read 125779 times)

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in progress] Dwarf Fortress Remote for iOS
« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2015, 12:40:35 pm »

That's mighty nice of you
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:24:48 am by funkydwarf »

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2015, 03:11:41 pm »

I will buy the hell out of this when it comes out.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2015, 03:15:28 am »

I will buy the hell out of this when it comes out.
Yeah, the more i see about this, the more it looks like it will be great. I think the attention to detail on every menu is what is needed for this kind of tool and at least the screenshots show tons of it :)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2015, 03:36:12 am »

Will it be free? Because as much as I love DF I physically cannot pay for it. I have no credit card and cannot rely on getting a gift card for xmas, much less an App Store/iTunes one

Well, it's hard to believe you have an iPhone but no paid apps on it at all. But if it is so, I'll send you a code for the app.
No, others please don't ask.
My first year of my owning an iDevice (iPod touch) I got a $30 gift card, but that was about four-five years ago and the only time I got another one was $20 one from my Auntie I never see two years ago. I will accept this offer and when I do have a means to pay you I will.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2016, 04:39:44 pm »

Will it be free? Because as much as I love DF I physically cannot pay for it. I have no credit card and cannot rely on getting a gift card for xmas, much less an App Store/iTunes one

Well, it's hard to believe you have an iPhone but no paid apps on it at all. But if it is so, I'll send you a code for the app.
No, others please don't ask.
My first year of my owning an iDevice (iPod touch) I got a $30 gift card, but that was about four-five years ago and the only time I got another one was $20 one from my Auntie I never see two years ago. I will accept this offer and when I do have a means to pay you I will.
Weirdly an iPod Touch runs better than an iPhone with the same specs, mostly because it doesn't have phone and SMS daemons eating up a bunch of cycles.  It could actually help mifki uncover any timing bugs (not that I'd expect any with this design, but IOS is basically Black Magic so it pays to be prepared).
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2016, 05:34:06 am »

The app has been submitted to the App Store for review.
In the meanwhile I’m finishing documentation and in-app help.

SpacyRicochet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2016, 07:51:10 am »

Looking forward to it :)

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2016, 11:21:44 am »

What price point did you submit it at?

jocke the beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2016, 05:27:08 pm »

The app has been submitted to the App Store for review.
In the meanwhile I’m finishing documentation and in-app help.
Praise Armok!
Me: Come, Join me on my adventures!
Crossbowman: *spits at me* Surely any place is better than this, lets be off!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2016, 10:29:47 am »

The last app that posted at the maximum ($999.99) was pulled by Apple, so I'm going to guess less than that.

Thing is, I have an iPhone, and a high-speed Internet connection, which should be ideal for trying out the Remote.  What I don't have is any time to play the game lately :(
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2016, 04:05:12 pm »

The last app that posted at the maximum ($999.99) was pulled by Apple, so I'm going to guess less than that.

Thing is, I have an iPhone, and a high-speed Internet connection, which should be ideal for trying out the Remote.  What I don't have is any time to play the game lately :(
Your internet speed shouldn't matter if you're playing on your local network, by the way (although it depends on a variety of other limiting factors, and I don't know if the client will support specifying a host on the local network).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2016, 04:29:59 pm »

While waiting for the app to be approved...
Remote Server source code is now available at https://github.com/mifki/dfremote
Server and installer/updater plugin binaries available at http://build.mifki.com
In-app help repo https://github.com/mifki/dfremote-ios-help

USD 3.99
I've submitted it without iOS 7 support for now (so it's 8.3+). It seems to work fine on 7, but I want to test more because I can always add support for it but can't drop it if something goes wrong without causing unhappy thoughts.

Your internet speed shouldn't matter if you're playing on your local network, by the way (although it depends on a variety of other limiting factors, and I don't know if the client will support specifying a host on the local network).

Sure it does. You can connect either by IP/hostname or "published name" which should support most (the ones that can be supported theoretically) NAT configurations. With some home routers you'll need to specify both ip and name to access from local network and from outside.

Recently I've been playing a lot (that is, proper fort and not just testing individual functions) on 3G/4G connecting to a $5 DigitalOcean server in another country and for me personally it was completely comfortable. Some actions are bit annoying, like making 30 bedrooms, but it's more about keyboard vs touch interface than network speed probably.

Quickly start a server with Docker
Code: [Select]
docker run --name=df1 -dtp 1235:1235/udp mifki/dfremote
docker exec df1 ./dfhack-run remote pwd "YOUR_PWD_HERE"

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2016, 10:39:28 pm »

Woot!

Woot!       Woooot!

Thanks!

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 07, 2016, 03:15:27 am »

Just curious: does your remote-updater use Csockets (and co) or is it something else?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #179 on: January 07, 2016, 03:33:19 am »

Just curious: does your remote-updater use Csockets (and co) or is it something else?

It uses libcurl to download update package from website, checks signature and unpacks.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22