Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1283104 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8325 on: January 23, 2018, 11:07:12 am »

Been dealing with a minor fever and cough for a couple days now that i managed to blow out today. Yay good health. Some peeps got it worse then me and my hearts out to you all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Got a superman punch off on a dude with way more gear than me. One punch ko.
Then i got mowed down by the dude following him to steal his assault rifle.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: January 23, 2018, 06:04:38 pm »

After several attempts, I finally completed the Special Defector Mission DAN.

I would've probably completed it in fewer attempts if I wasn't careless as I was on my first few goes (wound up using the wait button for too long and got shot).

EDIT:
When I fired my self-charging grenade launcher (in a defector mission) and then paused I noticed that there was a grenade in the item pause menu.

I teleported it to me like I would any other item.

Free grenade.

My grenade spam essentially doubled with this ability to "stock" grenades.

Double EDIT:

I wound up triggering the alarm on a Glitcher ship.

When I reached the pilot I had only one shot of an armor-piercing weapon: my Grenade Launcher. It's not impact, so even if I hit the pilot with it I'd still have to wait two seconds before it exploded, and I literally have one second left. Thankfully, you don't have to hit a pilot lethally in order to remove them from their seat (disabling the alarm).

I hit the guard with the grenade directly, causing him to leave his seat. Just as he turned around to attack me the grenade exploded.

Almost like a scene out of an action film, to be honest.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 09:30:38 pm by AzyWng »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: January 27, 2018, 01:21:45 am »

Based on a whim, I picked up Monster Hunter 4U again.  I finally beat Tetsucabra after a couple more tries.  I even beat it by cracking it over the head with a giant musical instrument; it's nice to have managed it with my preferred weapon.  It's, uh, it's almost certainly not much of an accomplishment, but I've been trying off and on for a wee bit, so I am somewhat pleased by this success.
Of course, I then proceeded to resume dying on all the missions unlocked thereafter, so...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: January 27, 2018, 02:22:37 pm »

I beat Ornstein and Smough, for the first time ever, in only two tries. The first attempt was thwarted when Super Ornstein managed to get off his lightning stab attack (and speaking of which, you can avoid it by staying as close as physically possible to him at all times. Protip!) when I wasn’t at full health, but the second time I didn’t slip up.

I also noticed that if you’re just slightly out of range for the lightning stab, it’ll do full damage to you but you won’t actually be picked up and launched and what have you. Or at least I think it’s from being out of range?
I ate that multiple times.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Black lives matter.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8329 on: January 27, 2018, 11:03:05 pm »

I first played Spore almost 10 years ago, and today I finally managed to go full Space Hitler by allying with the Grox, making myself the enemy of the entire galaxy.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 11:04:54 pm by IronTomato »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: January 29, 2018, 12:54:39 pm »

I beat the last difficulty on Super Hexagon. That was very satisfying.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: January 29, 2018, 02:04:16 pm »

This happened a bit earlier, I just forgot to post it: I knocked down a flying harpy by throwing another, dead harpy at her. It was hilarious and more effective than I had expected it to be.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: January 29, 2018, 03:02:09 pm »

Wow, nice. I just burned the hell outta 'em.

Turns out there was a lot of hell to burn before they went down.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: January 29, 2018, 05:31:41 pm »

dragons dogma: dark arisen is probably in my top 10 of all time. so fun, worth playing multiple times, indirect multiplayer kinda like darksouls but where you send your personal companion out, funny combos of skills leading to op-ness; its got it all.

the only thing is they should have either expanded or completely cut the arisens chosen romance thing. it would have been a funny fable like mechanic if you could carry your chosen romance to the inn for fun.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: January 29, 2018, 05:37:57 pm »

The problem I had with Dragon's Dogma is I think the plot had a fantastic basic idea, but really, really terrible execution that felt rushed. For example, the problem with the romance; if you don't know it's coming (or don't do the quest to get the Arisen's Bond) then you end up with a merchant most likely simply because you've talked to them the most. While it is kind of entertaining that you can end up with literally anyone, I think a better option would have been to have NPCs give you a quest to max their affection and if you don't do any of them the game just defaults to your childhood friend since that's at least a trope.

I mean there's lots of ways you could do better, just a thought.

(also I liked the game overall, I'm just saying :v)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: January 29, 2018, 08:07:01 pm »

Acquired the Gold Idol, one of the easiest unique items in the game to fail to get. In one try.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: January 29, 2018, 08:08:23 pm »

Should've thrown her a second time. ;P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: January 31, 2018, 12:41:39 pm »

I still remember the time I accidentally threw my main pawn in the ocean instead of a secondary pawn that pissed me off.  It made me genuinely emotionally sad and I haven't played since.

This is a crafting own, but I'd say it counts.  Playing co op with my brother, I've taken up mostly crafting our items while my brother crafts our base and vehicles (plus construction tools).  I had produced for us a two full sets of quality 400 full plate armor, and a ludicrous amount of medicine.  I made 2 medicine cabinets for our base (each with 20 slots).  One of them is now filled up with 100 first aid bandages, the other has 30 first aid kits, and then a stack each of painkillers, antibiotics, splints, vitamins and some more first aid bandages.  I've also got enough various crops farmed to make 100 units each of coffee and various teas, as well as a near infinite amount of cornbread and vegetable stew.  And I'm carrying around 40 pipe bombs.  This is all especially an own for me because when we were younger me and my bro would play a lot of grindy games like Diablo and Minecraft, and inevitably he would outpace me to the point where my contributions were negligible.  Now I'm holding my own, although he's still level 110 to my 75.  That may be explained by the fact that I died repeatedly early on.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: January 31, 2018, 12:46:39 pm »

I just barely managed to beat up the forces of Chaos in Total War: Warhammer (1) as the Vampire counts on hard.  I thought I was doomed but things just barely worked out(after having like 6 cities razed to the ground).

Now I just have to keep things peaceful and build up my infrastructure until I'm ready to beat up the dwarves, who have like taken the whole south. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: January 31, 2018, 12:50:08 pm »

I was playing in my buddys Monday-Night D&D game and rolled a nat 20 when I tried to seduce the Vampire Queen who was the secondary antagonist of our campaign.

So, that was fun.

Oh, and then we went to a Gala and my Warlock ended up killing an Inquisitor who'd been hunting him without anyone noticeing.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 708