Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is the deal with the fisheries?  (Read 716 times)

hisn00bness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What is the deal with the fisheries?
« on: August 25, 2006, 10:18:00 am »

Winter arrived and I had received quite alot of immigrants, but since I had a decent farm going I decided not to drown them.

Halfway through winter I noticed my plump helmet supplies dwindling, so I checked in my food barrels for what else I found there.

it was STOCKED with all kinds of fish, salmon, turtles, plump spawn and whatnot.

So  I sito presto erected an extra kitchen (for a total of two) and  an extra fishery (also two) ,
put all fishery and farm dwarves of all jobs except for fish cleaning and coocking.

Now at least the farmers made some biscuits, but I hardly saw the entire raw fish stockpile being processed at all.

result was of course mass tantrums from underfed dwarves and I doubt that I will make it through the winter.

It is really pissing me off since my stockpiles are FULL of fish.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: What is the deal with the fisheries?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 10:23:00 am »

remove the 'fishing' task from the labour list of a fisherdwarf. Make sure fish cleaning is enabled.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

hisn00bness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 10:47:00 am »

I didn't forget that =p

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 11:26:00 am »

If the fishery is never processing fish, check to make sure the entrances aren't blocked.  On a

fisheries block squares 1,2 and 8.  You can check it by hovering over a [q], and the dark green squares when you are uilding it.

Also check to make sure another building is not blocking the outside entrances to your fishing room...

[ August 25, 2006: Message edited by: gimlet ]

hisn00bness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 11:27:00 am »

I reloaded from a previous safe and it works fine now.

Maybe my dwarves were a bit underfed and didnt want to process stuff or something (shrugs)