Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21579 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2020, 09:31:14 pm »

Al and Batholomew go to introduce Sponcy Bronsmire to Aya-Vary-Jury.
Unfortunately, Shouting does NOT give a bonus to introductions in a library setting, so I'm not going to even try that.
This isn't quite a library, but it has a similar vibe.

You go up to Aya-Vary-Jury and introduce Sponcy, saying he might be helpful to your quest.

>Return to the rest of the group and wait until we finally do stuff as a group instead of collectively derailing the game by going on separate one man damn fool crusades.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
You wander around and make your way to Alier's Cafe and see the guy who stole your AWP earlier next to an ettin and a cyclops, and you make your way toward the group.

Using quill and paper from my inventory, begin devising a plan to train myself in applicable geomantic experimentations. Activate THINKHARDER to gain a +70 bonus.
(Thinking roll 27%=76%-70% THINKHARDER bonus=6% Success!)
You think about it, and you think even harder, and you're pretty sure you have a pretty good plan for how to train yourself to do these geomantic experimentations.

Just as you've noted this down, the ettin you met earlier at the ice cream stand appears and introduces a smoke cyclops to you. Also, the skittlemorph whose gun you stole earlier just showed up, and he's headed your way.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2020, 09:36:35 pm »

"Hello there. What is it that you're here to tell me which is important enough to interrupt my vital work?"
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2020, 09:51:57 pm »

Al takes note of the selection of books that Aya-Vary-Jury is reading, and responds accordingly. "This is actually related to the Dusk Mountain job."
Bartholomew interjects. "You mean the Mountain of Dusk job"
To which Al responds. "Ah, yes. That one. I get the two confused sometimes. Anyway, Sponcy here has expressed a willingness to come along with us, and from what I have seen he possesses at least the minimum amount of competency to be included. I've come to get your opinion on the matter."
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2020, 09:56:58 pm »

"Hmph. I suppose that works."

ai takes a sheet of paper in hand and thrusts to towards the smoke cyclops.

"Write down your character sheet here. The more data I have when I'm planning this thing, the better."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2020, 10:45:44 pm »

"Hmph. I suppose that works."

ai takes a sheet of paper in hand and thrusts to towards the smoke cyclops.

"Write down your character sheet here. The more data I have when I'm planning this thing, the better."
Sponcy things for a bit, then writes down:

Sponcy Bronsmire
Race:Smoke Cyclops
Class: Sword Acrobat
Main Weapon: Acrobat’s Sword
Skills:
Sword Acrobatics 18%
Identify creature 76%
Mining 45%
Leatherworking 35%
Digging 26%
Lockpicking 67%
Palm Object 47%
Astrology 70%
Juggling 23%
Fleeing 59%
Listen 34%
Stats:
Intellect: (Low) 11%
Alacrity: (Decent) 26%
Brawn: (Admirable) 44%
Sturdiness: (Robust) 32%
Mood Regulation: (Poor) 15%
Morale: (Phenomenal) 67%
Abilities:
Rage Dance
Distracting Blade
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2020, 11:20:07 pm »

"Hmm. Well, I think you could be useful, and you won't cut into our payment."

Do some geomantic experimentation, using the plan I made. Sponcy should be able to help with the astrology parts, if he likes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2020, 06:39:10 am »

"Hello I'm wondering if you have a non bouncing version of the Whispering Launcher, and where can I get Sea Copper?"
Also look at how much the whispering grenades cost.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 02, 2020, 08:05:15 am »

"Here's my sheet."

Spoiler: My complete sheet (click to show/hide)
it's over

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 02, 2020, 04:28:48 pm »

"Hmm. Well, I think you could be useful, and you won't cut into our payment."

Do some geomantic experimentation, using the plan I made. Sponcy should be able to help with the astrology parts, if he likes.
You start performing the geomantic experiments with the help of your plan.
(1st spell learn roll 28%=57%-10 Plan bonus=(47%) Failure)
(2nd spell learn roll 19%=97%-10% Plan bonus=(87%) Failure)
(3rd spell learn roll 27%=78%-10% Plan bonus=(68%) Failure)
(4th spell learn roll 22%=58%-10% Plan bonus=(48%) Failure)
(5th spell learn roll 27%=35%-10% Plan bonus=(25%) Success!) Learned: Jewel Pact of Attraction and Repulsion
(6th spell learn roll 14%=53%-10% Plan bonus=(43%) Failure)
(7th spell learn roll 43%=61%-10% Plan bonus=(53%) Failure)
(8th spell learn roll 25%=15%-10% Plan bonus=(5%) Success!) Learned: Earthborn Psychic Sensor
(9th spell learn roll 17%=91%-10% Plan bonus=(81%) Failure)
(10th spell learn roll 36%=19%-10% Plan bonus=(9%) Success!) Learned: Hymn of the Stoneheld Ghost

You do your best to perform these experiments without the aid of specialized geomantic tools, and do pretty well considering, managing to learn three of the ten. However, you realize you won't be able to learn the rest until you significantly alter your approach, such as by acquiring proper tools, journeying to a location with high geomantic energy, and/or receiving tutelage from an experienced geomancer. Simply coming up with a new training plan will not be enough to do this.

Also, Hymn of the Stoneheld Ghost requires you to be of a specific bloodline, which (Base Luck roll 10%=1% Success!), thankfully, you happen to be, though you'll still need to obtain the special clothes to use it.

You'll also need gemstones to use Jewel Pact of Attraction and Repulsion and a wand to use Earthborn Psychic Sensor.

"Hello I'm wondering if you have a non bouncing version of the Whispering Launcher, and where can I get Sea Copper?"
Also look at how much the whispering grenades cost.
"Yeah, it looks like I have one non-bouncing Whispering Launcher in stock for 80 Sea Copper. Not much call for such a thing, but it's yours if you want it.
"And sea copper comes from undersea copper mines, of course.
"Whispering grenades? Oh, they're 27 Perfect Farthings for a three-pack.
"And, in case you're about to ask where you can get Perfect Farthings, you can get them from Perfect Nearlings, a type of bird found in the Welcoming Hills, 133° Southeast of here."
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 02, 2020, 04:36:10 pm »

(I actually gave my luck stat earlier. It's 1d100 rerolled each day. I just rolled a 1 for special bloodline though so I guess that's a success no matter what. Must be the Kin blood. ;P )

Consider if I could afford buying the material components for my geomantic spells. Also, remind me what they do, specifically? >.>
And read!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2020, 04:52:35 pm »

(I actually gave my luck stat earlier. It's 1d100 rerolled each day. I just rolled a 1 for special bloodline though so I guess that's a success no matter what. Must be the Kin blood. ;P )

Consider if I could afford buying the material components for my geomantic spells. Also, remind me what they do, specifically? >.>
And read!

(Luck %=65%) (Luck roll 65%=54% Success!)
Looking over your money, it seems you happen to have enough to buy the needed geomantic spell components.

(Thinking roll 27%=88%+10% Focus bonus=78% Failure)
However, you've done a lot of reading so far without much a break, and then you learned three spells at once, so your brain is going to need a little bit of time off before you can absorb any more knowledge.

Also, here are your spell descriptions, sorry for forgetting to include them in the previous post:
Spoiler: Geomantic Spells (click to show/hide)
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 02, 2020, 04:58:39 pm »

As long as I'm in the area, Al takes a look around to see if there are any books of interest.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 02, 2020, 05:03:43 pm »

"It appears that my brain has reached capacity for today. I'll be staying in beachhaven for as long as it takes to formulate a comprehensive plan to proceed with an acceptable level of risk and chance of success. If any of you would prefer to be unprepared, feel free to leave without me. I'm going home."

Take my books, buy the stuff needed for my spells, and then go back to my hotel room for the evening.
Before going to bed, see if I can't casually attract a spirit which can help me with the Jewel Pact.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 02, 2020, 05:05:52 pm »

As long as I'm in the area, Al takes a look around to see if there are any books of interest.

(We're currently at Alier's Cafe, not the library. The only books you'll find here are the ones I've checked out and Alier's famous book-shaped donuts.)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2020, 06:34:15 pm »

>Find any books related to combat with ranged weapons, and weapon modification, and read them.
it's over
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23