Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21574 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #285 on: November 20, 2020, 05:40:15 am »

"I don't have any raven gold or interstellar credits would you take sea copper in exchange?"
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 20, 2020, 11:39:56 am »

Since when did the average train robber feel zero pain when getting shot in the head?

>Repeat previous action.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
it's over

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 20, 2020, 06:53:31 pm »

"Hmm. Forgot what we were talking about in that non-lucid dream. Oh well, now we're lucid, may as well get things rolling."

Dream of arriving at the mountain of dusk.
Drawing on what you read about in the books, you dream of arriving in the Mountain of Dusk. It's dark when you arrive at Horseheights Station, Horseheights being a town on the Mountain of Dusk known for its ghost stories.

Horseheights doesn't much going on for it, it's kind of known as a one-horse town (but boy is that horse high up). There's a local bar called the Towering Lamb, The Dramatic Snowdrop Pub, the Molten Elderberry Inn for lodging, The Swimming Quill Pawn Store, and The Quiet Kettle Patisserie as far as businesses still open at this time of night.

What do you do?

"I don't have any raven gold or interstellar credits would you take sea copper in exchange?"
(Charisma: Not very 13%=73%-(2d10 Reasonability Bonus=16%)=57% Failure)
"Yeah, see, the thing is, those are the currencies I paid to get the ammo in the first place, so, if I don't get the right kind of money, I can't buy more stock.

Though, maybe if you have some other kind of gold, I could use it in place of raven gold. I mean, how are they gonna be able tell if it's the right kind of gold or not, right?"

If you show him your gold bracelet, he'll say it's worth about 16 raven gold.

Since when did the average train robber feel zero pain when getting shot in the head?

>Repeat previous action.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Since you didn't move at all since last turn, Steady Weapon:(Firearms 56%=99% Failure)(Long-range combat 76%=40% Success!)

(Lord Screech Long-range combat 76%>Steady Weapon=0% Success!) vs (Train Robber Bullet Resistance 25%>55% Failure)

You once again shoot at the same robber, hitting for (6d6 Bullet damage=22) a further twenty-two bullet damage, for a total of forty-three, which, when factoring in the robber's (-12) bullet resistance, is an effective thirty-one (31 bullet>d100=64% Failure), which is still not enough to pierce this robber's thick cranium.

Still trying to stay hidden ((Lord Screech Stealth 44%=32%-(20% Natural Camouflage (Green) bonus)=12% Success!) vs (Train Robbers Notice 18%>4d100=26,15,13,69 Two Successes) (Lord Screech 44%-12%=32%) vs (Robbers 18%-15%=3%, 18%-13%=5%) Lord Screech Wins!), you somehow manage it, but one of the robbers who failed to even have a chance to notice you does manage to accrue (d4=3) three Niceness tokens.

"So what's it going to be," says the robber with the hostage, who's taken two headshots from you apparently without notice, "Are you tellers going to give us the money, or am I going to have to blow this poor hostage's brains out?"
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 20, 2020, 07:55:51 pm »

Al and Bartholomew continue their previous action.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 20, 2020, 09:53:43 pm »

>Take one more shot at the hostage taker, before breaking stealth to run up to the robber (preferably the one that just took the hostage, but if I kill him, another one will do) and using my sniper rifle as a quarterstaff/club/improvised blunt melee weapon to kill the robber. If need be, use my fists.

Hopefully my race's massive boosts to health and defense will help me shrug off any reaction fire - my Fortitude stat of 82 helps as well. As far as the rulebook goes regarding health of creatures made of metal/stone/other non-flesh substances, I think my race is immune to bleeding if I'm not mistaken. In additon, jade is a considerably denser material than flesh and bone, which should give me an unarmed damage boost; but again I'm not sure if this will break the balance. Use your own judgement.

And yeah, since I'm in proper combat for the first time, I think it will be obvious that my role within the party will be as the tank/ranged single target burst damage guy. Hopefully I don't have to use my high defensive stats as much as I'm expecting - if I did hope to use those high defensive stats, I wouldn't be playing a ranged class.

it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 21, 2020, 04:41:32 am »

"I've got this gold bracelet that aught to be worth something, and what would you give me for this diving suit and three crowbars?"
Sell the gold bracelet for 16 raven gold and buy one mag for the MP40, then see what I can get for the diving suit and three crowbars.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 21, 2020, 03:08:55 pm »

Al and Bartholomew continue their previous action.
You enter the next room, and it's set up as a shrine to some sort of panther god (Al Smarts: Supreme 70%=45% Success!), which you recognize as Rhutysus, God Of Revenge. Many people have put slips of paper on the shrine, which you would know are their intended targets of revenge. There are also many offerings on the altar, such as different currencies and valuable items.

Looking in the next car, it seems to contain a desk with a goblin in a hat and trenchcoat sitting at it, smoking a cigarette and drinking some sort of liquor.

>Take one more shot at the hostage taker, before breaking stealth to run up to the robber (preferably the one that just took the hostage, but if I kill him, another one will do) and using my sniper rifle as a quarterstaff/club/improvised blunt melee weapon to kill the robber. If need be, use my fists.

Hopefully my race's massive boosts to health and defense will help me shrug off any reaction fire - my Fortitude stat of 82 helps as well. As far as the rulebook goes regarding health of creatures made of metal/stone/other non-flesh substances, I think my race is immune to bleeding if I'm not mistaken. In additon, jade is a considerably denser material than flesh and bone, which should give me an unarmed damage boost; but again I'm not sure if this will break the balance. Use your own judgement.

And yeah, since I'm in proper combat for the first time, I think it will be obvious that my role within the party will be as the tank/ranged single target burst damage guy. Hopefully I don't have to use my high defensive stats as much as I'm expecting - if I did hope to use those high defensive stats, I wouldn't be playing a ranged class.

(Lord Screech Long-range combat 76%>Steady Weapon=0% Success!) vs (Train Robber Bullet Resistance 25%>34% Failure)

You make a third shot into the robber's head for (6d6 bullet=13) thirteen bullet damage, for a total of fifty-six, which is reduced to (-12) an effective forty-four, which (44 Bullet=9% Success!) finally kills them.

You then rush up to one of the other robbers and smack them in the face ((Lord Screech Justice IV (73)=1% Success!) vs (Robber Smack Resistance 15%=10% Success!) (Lord Screech 73%-1%=72%) vs (Robber 15%-10%=5%) Lord Screech Wins!)) with the butt of your rifle, doing (2d6 Smack=10) ten smack damage, which is reduced by the robber's resistance (-7) to an effective three damage (3 smack=16% Failure), which doesn't take them out right away.

The robbers, now finally noticing you since you broke your stealth, start attacking you.

One of them shoots a pair of revolvers at you (Robber Revolvers 23%=43% Failure) but seems to have been so startled by your sudden presence that you don't even have to try to dodge the shots.

The one you just hit lifts up a lyre that bears cat motifs, and begins playing (Robber Musical Instrument 27%=45%), but not very well. It sounds like a cat screeching.

The last one takes out some kind of remote control device, hits a few buttons (Robot Handling 18%=13%) and a robot appears from the next room. It wheels up to you and tries to punch you (Robot Punch 35%=59%), but misses.

"I've got this gold bracelet that aught to be worth something, and what would you give me for this diving suit and three crowbars?"
Sell the gold bracelet for 16 raven gold and buy one mag for the MP40, then see what I can get for the diving suit and three crowbars.
The shopkeep readily exchanges your gold bracelet for a magazine (-Gold Bracelet) (+1 MP40 Magazine), but has to consider your offers of bartering for the rest.

(Charisma: Not very (13%)=30% Failure) he won't take the diving suit ( Charisma: Not very (13%)=13% Success!), but he will take the three crowbars for 6 Raven Gold or Interstellar Credits each.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 21, 2020, 03:18:09 pm »

Al and Bartholomew decide to make an offering to Rhutysus on behalf of the spirit Coconut, along with an offering of 444 Spectral Doubloons and a Blood Regent of The Assassin.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 21, 2020, 05:06:14 pm »

Al and Bartholomew decide to make an offering to Rhutysus on behalf of the spirit Coconut, along with an offering of 444 Spectral Doubloons and a Blood Regent of The Assassin.
Who are you targeting?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 21, 2020, 05:29:14 pm »

Clearly, the Crystal Rose Syndicate

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 21, 2020, 06:33:28 pm »

Clearly, the Crystal Rose Syndicate
A lizardperson approaches from behind you, picks up your slip of paper, and reads it. You notice they are wearing black clothes with a black leather jacket, black fingerless gloves, and carry a large sword on their back. It's hard to tell with lizardfolk, but you think they might be female.

"So you want take down the entire Crystal Rose Syndicate?" they ask.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 21, 2020, 06:54:53 pm »

Al responds. "Not necessarily. Rather, what I want is for them to experience a proper retribution for their actions. After all, Rhutysus is a god of revenge and revenge is not merely a synonym for destruction."

Bartholomew adds "That being said, we wouldn't lose sleep if the entire organization were taken down."

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 21, 2020, 07:48:55 pm »

"ONE DOWN, THREE FUCKERS TO GO!"

Rush to the revolver robber, disarm him, and perhaps use his own guns against him.

Also, did the hostage-taking robber actually drop anything worth noting?
it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 21, 2020, 09:07:36 pm »

Sleep the night at the inn. In the morning follow my plan to figure out where the heck I'm actually supposed to go.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 21, 2020, 10:39:47 pm »

Attempt to astrally project into the mountain of dusk to scout it out
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23