Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 123897 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2014, 02:26:51 am »

Okay I raised their size to humans, this should give them a nudge when it comes to charging in combat. Oh and they now wear skirts, I'll probably delete thongs for clutter too.
Do not delete any items!  :o

You can remove them from the entity file, but if they go missing from the item files, all the override graphics from TwbT will be wrong for all other items of that type.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2014, 07:15:47 am »

Okay I raised their size to humans, this should give them a nudge when it comes to charging in combat. Oh and they now wear skirts, I'll probably delete thongs for clutter too.

You can remove them from the entity file, but if they go missing from the item files, all the override graphics from TwbT will be wrong for all other items of that type.

I did a test and by luck thongs are near the end, moving the skirt one slot to the left fixes this. But I'll only make them uncommon.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2014, 03:16:05 pm »

Does this mean that it's really involved to add or delete items anymore?  I'm not familiar with how TWBT works.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2014, 03:21:09 pm »

TwbT reads out items by itemtype, followed by how they appear in the raws, from top to bottom. You will notice that every item has a number now (except tools, because I havent done their graphics yet).

Code: [Select]
######################################################################################################################
/// standart boots, armor
[ITEM_SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_D]
[NAME:boot:boots]
[ARMORLEVEL:3]
[UPSTEP:1]
[LAYER:ARMOR]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:25]
[LAYER_PERMIT:49]
[METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:6]YES
[METAL]
[LEATHER]
[HARD]
[BARRED]
[SCALED]

######################################################################################################################
/// padded boots are extra leather boots that can be worn inside of normal boots
[ITEM_SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES_PADDED]
[NAME:padded boot:padded boots]
[ARMORLEVEL:2]
[UPSTEP:1]
[LAYER:UNDER]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:10]
[LAYER_PERMIT:49]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[LEATHER]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD]

/// plateboots are the upgrade to boots

See the 0, 1 and 2 I added? Thats just a reminder for readers, to find the correct number. If you put a new shoes item in between, the numbers would be wrong. Adding new items at the bottom of their files is no issue. Or letting me know about it. Or making a new file with a Z in the file name, like item_z_whatever.txt, to keep them at the bottom of the list. But if you add a item_a_shoes.txt, it would go on top, and its shoes would be read out before the shoes in item_shoes.txt, which changes their numbers.

The end result would be a slight graphical error. Items would have the wrong graphics, so nothing major. Easy to fix.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2014, 03:39:42 pm »

TwbT reads out items by itemtype, followed by how they appear in the raws, from top to bottom. You will notice that every item has a number now (except tools, because I havent done their graphics yet).

See the 0, 1 and 2 I added? Thats just a reminder for readers, to find the correct number. If you put a new shoes item in between, the numbers would be wrong. Adding new items at the bottom of their files is no issue. Or letting me know about it. Or making a new file with a Z in the file name, like item_z_whatever.txt, to keep them at the bottom of the list. But if you add a item_a_shoes.txt, it would go on top, and its shoes would be read out before the shoes in item_shoes.txt, which changes their numbers.

The end result would be a slight graphical error. Items would have the wrong graphics, so nothing major. Easy to fix.

OK, I think I got it.  So if they are at the bottom and I add numbers, it's cool?  In my tinkering recently I've added ~5 items (2 weapons and 3 tools) and removed ~4 (tools).  Sounds like only the weapons are potentially issue, so I will put them at the bottom.  We can discuss details in another thread or direct messages.

How do you manage development these days?  Do I understand correctly that you have a github rather than you having to synthesize everything yourself?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2014, 03:47:19 pm »

I PM you.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 31, 2014, 06:37:00 am »

Observations:

1.  The specific reactions for the Quern and Millstone workshops are missing for Succubi, to wit: cannot specifically select anything to mill.  Specialized stockpiles are in for the simple task of making sure I mill flour instead of a rock into sand.  WAI?

2.  You need the Attorney's Workshop to buy the plans for the gem and glass forge from the Warlocks, but the buildings themselves do not require the plans to build.  Redundant, or a slip-up in the requirements for the building?

3.  Just my own opinion in this, but bloodsteel and ironbone seem like metals that, thematically, would "fit" the Succubi but they are unable to currently produce.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 31, 2014, 01:29:05 pm »

Observations:

1.  The specific reactions for the Quern and Millstone workshops are missing for Succubi, to wit: cannot specifically select anything to mill.  Specialized stockpiles are in for the simple task of making sure I mill flour instead of a rock into sand.  WAI?

2.  You need the Attorney's Workshop to buy the plans for the gem and glass forge from the Warlocks, but the buildings themselves do not require the plans to build.  Redundant, or a slip-up in the requirements for the building?

3.  Just my own opinion in this, but bloodsteel and ironbone seem like metals that, thematically, would "fit" the Succubi but they are unable to currently produce.

1. I'll add those asap.

2. This is fixed for the next MDF release.

3. The succubi have instead access to basiliskine and stygian bronze. As bloodteel would fit the theme, they are not available for pure balance purpose and to encourage the use of magic features over mining. There will be other materials to replace metals in the future.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #278 on: July 31, 2014, 01:33:21 pm »

encourage the use of magic features over mining.
Not sure if you are familiar with the production of them, but ironbone is "bones + ash + fuel", and bloodsteel is "ironbone + blood + fuel". No mining. All just harvesting killed bodies and bodyparts.

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 31, 2014, 01:37:15 pm »

Basiliskine is a bit too hard to produce in significant quantities. You simply don't get enough horns to make significant amounts of it and Stygian Bronze, being bronze tier, just lighter... doesn't cut it.

Eventually you could have a dozen basilisks to shear, but even then... shearing itself is just a pain to manage and doesn't really produce much total. At least that's been my experience with them, combined with the fact that basilisks themselves are quite expensive to buy and Succubi trading partners are kinda crappy as far as raw materials go.

Maybe have Basilisks horns actually alloy with Stygian bronze to produce Basiliskine in larger quantities? Figure, Horn + 4 Stygian for 5 Basiliskine or so?

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 31, 2014, 05:25:48 pm »

Basiliskine is a bit too hard to produce in significant quantities. You simply don't get enough horns to make significant amounts of it and Stygian Bronze, being bronze tier, just lighter... doesn't cut it.

Eventually you could have a dozen basilisks to shear, but even then... shearing itself is just a pain to manage and doesn't really produce much total. At least that's been my experience with them, combined with the fact that basilisks themselves are quite expensive to buy and Succubi trading partners are kinda crappy as far as raw materials go.

Maybe have Basilisks horns actually alloy with Stygian bronze to produce Basiliskine in larger quantities? Figure, Horn + 4 Stygian for 5 Basiliskine or so?

Or keep both, but require that bronze be mixed with Basilisk "bars" to produce a higher grade of Stygian Bronze?  Lighter weight, better for bladed weaponry than iron (not sure if it should replaced steel in this fact), maybe an increase in protection against blunted attacks.  Increased value?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 01, 2014, 01:17:48 am »

Ironbone and bloodsteel will be added with the right building.
Reactions to select what to mill at the quern as been added. For the millstone however, there does not seem anything that an atom smasher already do, and the bonemeal reaction are already available at the bonemill.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:35:07 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #282 on: August 01, 2014, 03:20:44 am »

Just to explain the difference: My logic was that a quern mills soft stuff, like plants, while the millstone with its superior power mills hard stuff, like bones and stone. There was no reason for anyone to build the millstone in vanilla before that.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 01, 2014, 04:43:58 am »

Just to explain the difference: My logic was that a quern mills soft stuff, like plants, while the millstone with its superior power mills hard stuff, like bones and stone. There was no reason for anyone to build the millstone in vanilla before that.

Yes, why power a building that does the same thing as the regular one? Since glass has uses in preserving souls, the millstone should provide sand. (we should also get a crystal glass industry that is closer to RL but that's another story)

I'd like to make a basiliskine alloy too, but most purposes of metals have already been covered, so the clutter in the menus in a game that has already have several steel equivalents is not worth the addition.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #284 on: August 01, 2014, 04:58:46 am »

Maybe you can use itemsyndrome. Make basiliskine give succubi some positive effect. :)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43