Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2024715 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16425 on: November 13, 2021, 08:12:54 pm »

I just remembered that I personally have resurrected dead adventurers who had just laid in a field for at least 4 weeks. Should be fine. Mine all died violently and were missing some bits, no idea if they had rotted or not. I think they remained 'corpses'

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #16426 on: November 14, 2021, 05:39:39 am »

This talk of corpses rotting to the point they can no longer be animated seems strange, since skeletons can be reanimated.

I'm pretty sure that the only requirement for reanimation is that the corpse piece has at least one of the following (unmangled) parts: a head, an upper body, or a hand, and intelligent undead need an (unmangled) upper body.

It is possible that the reason the corpse could not be resurrected is not because it had rotted too much, but because it had already been damaged beyond repair in the fight that killed it.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16427 on: November 14, 2021, 09:42:44 am »

Animation requires an unmangled [GRASP] or [HEAD] body part.

Resurrection requires an unmangled upper body.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16428 on: November 14, 2021, 11:00:17 am »

ok so from what I tested fort mode wise if you put a corpse in a stockpile they will decay into nothingness, otherwise every other corpse scattered about will last the 2 weeks needed.
then there's also the bit of corpses that exist for years in lairs or tombs or church catacombs being preserved enough to reanimate or resurrect so I guess average adventure mode antics wouldn't rot the corpse long enough to make it unusable unless you say shove them into a stockpile then they start going bad fast.

oh yeah in other news I just realize if you bought or summon a creature that would at turn 1 turn hostile on you it's possible to summon buy the prone to hostile creature at a player fort then retire instantly
then unretire the fort and notice the creature is now part of the tamed group and not going around killing folks except the few that do but they are still part of the fort civ.

or how I screw up a wild bogeyman test by finding out if you summon a pet bogeyman the game treats them as a citizen also any other summoned creatures you summoned.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16429 on: November 14, 2021, 04:49:26 pm »

This talk of corpses rotting to the point they can no longer be animated seems strange, since skeletons can be reanimated.

I'm pretty sure that the only requirement for reanimation is that the corpse piece has at least one of the following (unmangled) parts: a head, an upper body, or a hand, and intelligent undead need an (unmangled) upper body.

It is possible that the reason the corpse could not be resurrected is not because it had rotted too much, but because it had already been damaged beyond repair in the fight that killed it.
Well then excuse for I have a few many places to discuss wit myself.
But the truth is. There is no consistentcy in the rot game. Sure YOU can ressurect skellingtons but how are you doing it. I've done it. Why don't adventurers rot the same way?
Sure I can resurrect a 100 year old historical figure but why do my adventures become useless corpses that can't be ressurected so?

Its filled with holes. Rotting and writhing, scraping and tithing.
Surely you'll need to posses no heart at all to understand.

The corpses can and have been ressurected every time. I save scum to test the efficacies of the test subject.
They are fully intact as they were suffocated in perfect health then had been placed in a coffin. Ect etc.
There is something eating my tendons and i don't like it.
Immortal Worms digging around flushed with my flesh.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16430 on: November 15, 2021, 06:03:49 am »

Well then excuse for I have a few many places to discuss wit myself.
But the truth is. There is no consistentcy in the rot game. Sure YOU can ressurect skellingtons but how are you doing it. I've done it. Why don't adventurers rot the same way?
Sure I can resurrect a 100 year old historical figure but why do my adventures become useless corpses that can't be ressurected so?

Its filled with holes. Rotting and writhing, scraping and tithing.
Surely you'll need to posses no heart at all to understand.

The corpses can and have been ressurected every time. I save scum to test the efficacies of the test subject.
They are fully intact as they were suffocated in perfect health then had been placed in a coffin. Ect etc.
There is something eating my tendons and i don't like it.
Immortal Worms digging around flushed with my flesh.
if we talking about vanilla resurrection there's like a set limit to how preserved the body should be mostly if the person died with their heads mulched or too beaten they might not be fit for resurrection.
though in my experience with the fit for resurrection token taken off there also a state where you couldn't resurrect or reanimate the body no matter what you do, though I think in that case the body is mostly completely rotten away like including the bones decayed.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16431 on: November 15, 2021, 07:33:22 am »

So do partial skeletons still revive?
Because that's the final stage of decomposition in my experience

My people died with almost no severed body parts or anything. Very clean corpses

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16432 on: November 15, 2021, 07:54:05 am »

So do partial skeletons still revive?
Because that's the final stage of decomposition in my experience

My people died with almost no severed body parts or anything. Very clean corpses
like in my experiences with necromancy... and limiter off necromancy I think there's a level beyond partial skeleton which I guess is corpse dust, but I only experienced a corpse that can't be revived with any form of resurrection once during trying to set up a necro fort with an adv necromancer trying to revive some air drown merfolk that got placed in a corpse stockpile.
which where I learn stockpiles rapidly decay (to the point of not being usable for reanimation either) corpses in 2 weeks more than having the corpse lay where they originally died.
"body swapping and YOU!"

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #16433 on: November 15, 2021, 10:46:59 am »

Check the corpse's description. If it is described as "mangled corpse" or "mangled skeleton" that means it is too damaged to revive. I think the reason why many people have frustrating experiences with resurrection is because creatures that die violently often wind up mangled.

I'm not certain, but I think "partial skeleton" just means a skeleton that is missing a body part. I don't think whole skeletons ever decay into partial skeletons, but most corpses you'll encounter in fort mode will have died violently and have a high chance of missing bits. They should be revivable as long as they are unmangled.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16434 on: November 16, 2021, 04:00:50 pm »

Yes partial skeleton is the wording for when they no longer are available. This is from a corpse that was never 'mangled' nor a mangled corpse.
Fact of the matter is there is no way to preserve a body that I know of except for being a special historical figure or a body that dies somewhere and the area never gets updated or checked to see if they are viable.

Whole skeletons do decay into partial skeletons in a coffin or something has gone wrong with mine. Like a kobold stole his ribcage

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16435 on: November 16, 2021, 06:33:09 pm »

Every dwarf in this hillock lamented that they were under occupation from goblins
I ask them to identify the leader which is the only goblin in town coincidentally

I kill him.
Now I went from a renowned and loved town hero to a feared killer

COME ON GUYS! You were literally whining about being oppressed the entire time I was in town!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16436 on: November 17, 2021, 05:03:48 am »

Are they just calling you a killer, or acting upset in other ways? If you make people happy by killing things, they'll still call you a killer because you kill things. Which is something the game could probably state in a less confusing manner, but that's how things are.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16437 on: November 17, 2021, 07:07:20 am »

It's not that confusing. If they are unhappy about the killing, they call should you a murderer.

In an adventure of my own, I and an NPC maceman asked our lady for a quest. She gave us one. To kill a giant in a lair.

We ventured to the lair and fought the giant. My friend took a kick to the head and almost bled out, but we managed to slay the giant.

Having returned to our keep, our lady gave us another mission. To slay a DRAGON living in a nearby fortress.
Somehow, we found it, and despite my friend's cowardice, I managed to slay the dragon by stabbing it in the heart with my shortsword, then dodging it's attacks and blocking it's dragonfire until it died.

The next quest was easy, merely to drive out kobolds from some camp. They fell easily, and we returned.

The current quest is to drive out a large group of goblins and humans from a castle. Unfortunately, the very first blow that was done was a goblin attacking my friend and snapping his neck with a whip.
The friend died, but so did the goblin. Now, I am standing in a large pool of blood with several goblin corpses next to the castle's keep. The battle has just begun.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16438 on: November 19, 2021, 08:42:15 am »

Yeah they're upset

Besides being a murderer in my character description it mentions that I am both a local hero of the hillocks and a feared killer of the hillocks

I also lost my companions who were from that hillocks. They left me and returned there. So I think it is a negative one

My rp answer is that the dwarves were just complaining about the local politician because they don't like their country, but got very upset when someone actually straight up murdered the local ruler lol

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16439 on: November 22, 2021, 12:21:46 pm »

well just tested if there's a way to clear ownership of items bought by an adventurer(on character creation) and the answer was to gift them to a fort citizen then walk away (haven't tested if this part is needed at all.).
so technically it's possible to just give oneself post embark more goods than you started with through adventurers
and probably get you access to items your embark don't really have like sand at a glacier embark.
oh and a way to hotfix the issue of losing drinks due to unretiring by giving yourself enough plumphelmets to brew back the loss.

"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 ... 1104