Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12680 12681 [12682] 12683 12684 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14827034 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [fuk] Endlessly shooting bombs for lootboxes (Happy thread)
« Reply #190215 on: June 03, 2019, 08:41:36 pm »

The puns are as in-numerable as they are #awful
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190216 on: June 03, 2019, 09:04:35 pm »

I agreed to play the Savage Worlds Tokusatsu game. This, for you who are uninitiated, is a Japanese genre including the likes of Godzilla or Kamen Rider or Power Rangers and the like.

We decided to go with a bug theme for our team, but for some reason they wouldn't let me be a big tough ladybug guy and name my guy BUG CHUNGUS, which I thought was inspired.

In retaliation I have cleared a redesign of my character with the GM. He is now a Mexican-American named CAMERON SHRIMPULIO, Shrimpulio for short and all of his everything is covered in shrimp motifs. He has a little shrimp helmet with eyes on top and wields the PRAWNBLADE while donning the CARIDEA CARAPACE armor in his crusade for justice.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190217 on: June 04, 2019, 12:07:23 am »

I'm glad you guys are all too sharp to mistake a pound sign for anything else.

Note I mean "you guys" as in ustedes, the formal group of individuals I am addressing, fuck english for not having that word.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190218 on: June 04, 2019, 12:24:04 am »

Well, Spanish doesn't have a pronoun for the non-formal group of individuals I'm addressing unless you are actually speaking Spanish in Spain, which, 'cuz colonialism, is in the minority of cases.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #190219 on: June 04, 2019, 01:25:24 am »

I'm glad you guys are all too sharp to mistake a pound sign for anything else.

Note I mean "you guys" as in ustedes, the formal group of individuals I am addressing, fuck english for not having that word.

Y'ALL
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190220 on: June 04, 2019, 01:53:55 am »

I do use ya'll and I don't know why it seems more right than y'all but more importantly you all aren't as sharp as I thought.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190221 on: June 04, 2019, 05:19:26 am »

I do use ya'll and I don't know why it seems more right than y'all but more importantly you all aren't as sharp as I thought.
Are you really going to sink your teeth on another string saw themed jokes? Please, handle yourself.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190222 on: June 04, 2019, 05:33:41 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:38:36 am by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #190223 on: June 04, 2019, 05:53:33 am »

I agreed to play the Savage Worlds Tokusatsu game. This, for you who are uninitiated, is a Japanese genre including the likes of Godzilla or Kamen Rider or Power Rangers and the like.

We decided to go with a bug theme for our team, but for some reason they wouldn't let me be a big tough ladybug guy and name my guy BUG CHUNGUS, which I thought was inspired.

In retaliation I have cleared a redesign of my character with the GM. He is now a Mexican-American named CAMERON SHRIMPULIO, Shrimpulio for short and all of his everything is covered in shrimp motifs. He has a little shrimp helmet with eyes on top and wields the PRAWNBLADE while donning the CARIDEA CARAPACE armor in his crusade for justice.

Why no ladybugman? Ladybugs are awesome!

Although to be fair if there was a ladybug themes supercharacter they would probably be evil. All-consuming, bioweapon-using, tiny walking tanks that they are.
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190224 on: June 04, 2019, 09:13:31 am »

So, my cousin picked up a relic from a bygone era at a yardsale.

a Trio Stealth 4.3 inch tablet.

This thing is super underpowered, and comes with completely insufficient internal storage space. AND, like basically all tablets from that era, it mounted an internal nand partition as the internal sdcard. Because they are assholes. Oh yes-- the reason she handed it to me was because it was protected with a lock screen.

SO

3 days later, I have finally tamed this thing as much as it can be tamed.

1) alter vold.fstab so that internal and external SDCards are switched, like they should have been from the damn factory. (this required more than cosmetic corrections, because the chinese tools that programmed this thing did not give complete paths for the actual sdcard's mmc device tree. More on why in a bit.)
2) repartition the real sdcard into 3 partitions: vfat, ext2, swap
3) install playstore as a system app, because it wasnt present. (surprise.)
4) install link2SD so we can get around the garbage internal storage limitation. (reason for ext2 partition.)
5) install swapper2 so we can get a swap partition running.
6) update the built-in busybox with something more... complete. (and nearly brick the device a few times doing it, since it needs busybox to boot. Really.)
7) install MXPlayer media player (I suspect she will just use it for movies or something, and a media player that can leverage hardware decoders is damn skippy, especially on something this weak.)

I am pretty happy with it now. Well, as happy as I can be with an obsolete android 4.0.4 device, with under 1gb of ram, and a single core processor, without using a custom kernel for zram.

Why dont these things come from the factory properly kitted? I mean, this one DID ship with a su binary...

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #190225 on: June 04, 2019, 09:47:17 am »

I got to play with fireworks at Grandma's because tomorrow's Eid. That was the closest I'll ever get to attaining enlightenment. Or getting my hands blown off. Same difference.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #190226 on: June 04, 2019, 11:39:28 am »

To become enlightened, one must first light one's hands on fire.

It is known.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190227 on: June 04, 2019, 12:00:18 pm »

Pound: #
Sharp: ♯

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190228 on: June 04, 2019, 01:49:09 pm »

I believe you'll find it's spelled £, although "octothorpe" is pronounced similarly.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 01:51:08 pm by Iduno »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #190229 on: June 04, 2019, 07:28:06 pm »

I believe you'll find it's spelled £, although "octothorpe" is pronounced similarly.
I mean, # and £ do ultimately have the same origin in ℔, as far as I know.  Octothorpe is a bit of an oddball since it as a term is only a few (5) decades old.  Besides, we're all forgetting the most important of all: the equal-and-parallel-to sign (⋕).  It's all a matter of setting the record straight, after all.
Pages: 1 ... 12680 12681 [12682] 12683 12684 ... 13312