Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 772683 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #720 on: August 30, 2014, 09:01:58 pm »

Previously you could zoom in because the 16x tiles (on 1920 resolution) did show 120 tiles next to each other. You could zoom in until you hit the 80 tile limit, which made them a bit fuzzy, because they were upscaled to 24x.

If you are using 24x tiles now, they already reach the max of 80 tiles next to each other, effectively blocking you from zooming in even further. So if you would use 23x tiles for example, you could zoom in a tiny amount. Or if you use 12x tiles, you could zoom in a lot, but everything gets blurry quite fast. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #721 on: August 30, 2014, 09:06:48 pm »

Well, that's interesting.  I don't understand the purpose behind this 80 tile limit.  Why is it there?  Why can't we zoom in as far as we want?

Also, I just downloaded the newest LNP (40_10r2), and without having TWBT installed I can easily see what you mean by 16x16 being expanded kind of 'fuzzy' into 24x24.  However, I am now completely convinced that my TWBT folder is completely locked at 16x16, without any capability of changing it.  If I *could* get it to 24x24 I would be so happy.. >.<

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #722 on: August 30, 2014, 09:51:46 pm »

Twbt shouldnt 'lock' anything to 16 pixel resolution.

I don't understand the purpose behind this 80 tile limit.  Why is it there?  Why can't we zoom in as far as we want?
Ask Baughn or Toady. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #723 on: August 30, 2014, 10:06:32 pm »

Oh so much confusion on the last two pages, you should have just waited for me :)

3.xx branch of TWBT acts just like vanilla when it comes to tile size, limits, etc. so you have min. 80 columns limit and can't use large tiles on small screens. (The purpose of 80 column limit is quite understandable, you can't support any screen size on all game screens, so there should be some limit anyway, 80 is a standard).

4.xx branch of TWBT allows to use any tile size, no more min. 80 columns limit. By default tile size will match the size of the main graphics font (it means creature graphics and additional tilesets loaded for overrides will be resized to match it). But there's a command "twbt tilesize <w> <h>" that will resize any tileset to any size.

Oh yes there also commands "twbt tilesize smaller|bigger" that you can bind to shortcuts to zoom in and out.

Although version 3.xx is included in LNPs, I recommend to use 4.xx. There are no known major issues with it, and if there are I'd rather fix them and discontinue 3.xx branch.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 30, 2014, 10:09:39 pm »

Does the 80-column limit only apply when using certain tile sizes? When using the default tileset, 80 columns is the minimum (and is also defined here).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #725 on: August 30, 2014, 10:12:49 pm »

Does the 80-column limit only apply when using certain tile sizes? When using the default tileset, 80 columns is the minimum (and is also defined here).

I don't understand your question. When we say limit we mean minimum.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #726 on: August 30, 2014, 10:22:24 pm »

Okay wow, so I tried using that and setting it to "twbt tilesize 64 64", and yes, holy crap, you can zoom in as far as you want.  Very nice.  I'll rebind a few keys to allow zooming in without tabbing to dfhack.  Is there a way to specify the tilesize in init so that it is set properly on load?  Can it be run before loading the fortress?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 30, 2014, 10:27:54 pm »

Ah, that makes sense - I assumed "limit" meant "minimum".
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #729 on: August 30, 2014, 10:30:05 pm »

Ouch, just realized that "twbt tilesize bigger/smaller" commands don't work, I'll fix it and upload new version right now.

Done, version 4.49.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 31, 2014, 02:18:37 am »

4.49 will be in the starter pack from tonight. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #731 on: August 31, 2014, 02:33:48 am »

4.49 will be in the starter pack from tonight.

However note that 4.xx is not compatible with stonesense and rendermax and probably won't be until I find time myself to make patches for them. I mean obviously 4.xx has more features and I'd like more people to use it, but some may be unhappy.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 31, 2014, 08:19:10 am »

is there a (new) way to zoom in? if i try to zoom in then it just increases the size of the menue-fonts.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #733 on: August 31, 2014, 08:29:37 am »

is there a (new) way to zoom in? if i try to zoom in then it just increases the size of the menue-fonts.

Just several posts back or in the readme file. "There's a command "twbt tilesize <w> <h>" that will resize any tileset to any size. Oh yes there also commands "twbt tilesize smaller|bigger" that you can bind to shortcuts to zoom in and out."

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 31, 2014, 08:30:16 am »

Yes, but according to mifki you need twbt-nextgen 4.49, I'm not sure which one is in the Starter Pack. Try this, and upgrade the plugin if necessary.
My temp. solution is to add these lines to dfhack.init:
Code: [Select]
keybinding add Shift-O "twbt tilesize smaller"
keybinding add Shift-P "twbt tilesize bigger"
Feel free to recommend a better keybind, I just added the first keypair that didn't seem taken.

However note that 4.xx is not compatible with stonesense and rendermax and probably won't be until I find time myself to make patches for them. I mean obviously 4.xx has more features and I'd like more people to use it, but some may be unhappy.
Last time I checked rendermax wasn't working with 40.x. For stonesense there's an opengl compatibility fix, I think it's already in the windows version.
/ninja'd
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 184