Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 772992 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #750 on: August 31, 2014, 09:56:11 am »

Man, I have to say that this ability to show fewer than 80 tiles is just insanely awesome.  I have spent the past hour trying to find a way to expand the phoebus16x16 tileset into 32x32 or larger so that I can (when desired) zoom in and just see things more clearly, but unfortunately it is never a perfect extrapolation.  Does anyone know of any 24x24 or 32x32 graphics packs that have been 'perfected'?  I can't imagine a lot of time has been spent on this until now, since it probably wasn't even possible to use, but...

I don't know about perfect, but these are resized to 24x24:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8891
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8851
DON'T use the object folder and the inits from these, because they are outdated (40.02), but the sprites should be ok. For resizing pixelart take a look at the Tileset resizer.

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 31, 2014, 10:00:23 am »

I'm really loving it too,  just need to learn how to use the bigger tile sets and sprites, I'm so new to DF that i'm having to use the starter pack for everything. :( i am surprised that i was even able to do the upgrade of TWBT 4.49 lol

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 31, 2014, 10:15:29 am »

Most of the buildings are in the exe file so you can't edit what they use I think. Dfhack could if they wanted to.

1) You should notice when you zoom in more and more in phoebus tiles that they become more and blurry/less defined.

2) You could try spacefox from the starter pack, it already includes twbt if i am not mistaken, and it may be possible depending on your .png editor to make the images resize so that they aren't blurry. They are pretty clear when zoomed in unlike most in phoebus. You'll probably just want to change the water tiles as I've no idea if I want to make those plain grey or w.e squares or phoebus bright ones. The pack isn't suppose to be based off phoebus after all.

3)My monitor can only dream of being 1920x1080 so I don't bother with making 24x24 tilesets. I couldn't test them anyways. Just give it a shot on the twbt version and see if you like how the buildings turn out. With the 16x16 so you don't waste your time editing it if you don't like it.

Ah fricy if they do use that they won't be able to have the updated animals that were introduced and added to those files in 0.40.0x-0.40.05. Small price to pay though. Plus the raws for graphics were changed to add animals.. (phoebus did update the sprite tilesets too)
 Those creatures will just show up as C, E, and so on ingame. Since they won't have a graphics sprite in the raw\graphics folder.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #753 on: August 31, 2014, 10:45:47 am »

The thing is, unfortunately, apart from Meph's set of custom graphics for items, so far nobody created any tileset/graphics to make use of twbt features to change graphics for buildings/items/tiletypes. With 0.40 it became even more important because at least trees sharing graphics with other objects look like shit. Yes, there are some issues with changing tiles for workshops, but I see a lack of artists interested in creating graphics for twbt in the first place. Once there are any, I'll find a way to change all workshop tiles as well.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #754 on: August 31, 2014, 10:47:59 am »

Is it possible to bind "twbt tilesize more" and "twbt tilesize less" to control + mousewheel up/down?  In the past I used control + mousewheel to control all zooming, but now I am very happy with the size of fonts in the game, and would like to just control graphical zoom.  I see in the dfhack.init lots of keybindings, but none reference the mousewheel, so I don't know how it would be written, if its possible.

Thanks!

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 31, 2014, 10:50:25 am »

Is it possible to bind "twbt tilesize more" and "twbt tilesize less" to control + mousewheel up/down?  In the past I used control + mousewheel to control all zooming, but now I am very happy with the size of fonts in the game, and would like to just control graphical zoom.  I see in the dfhack.init lots of keybindings, but none reference the mousewheel, so I don't know how it would be written, if its possible.

Thanks!

oh hey arumba, love your DF LP :). well it seems that the mousewheel is bound to "mouse 4" and "mouse 5" so i think ctrl+mouse 4 and ctl+mouse 5 should to the trick, but don't quote me on that, am no modder^^.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #756 on: August 31, 2014, 10:56:09 am »

Thanks!

I don't know why dfhack doesn't allow to bind to mousewheel. I implemented mousewheel zoom on OS X in a separate plugin, but I don't know how to do that on Windows, so I can't help with this.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #757 on: August 31, 2014, 10:56:47 am »

Thanks!

oh hey arumba, love your DF LP :). well it seems that the mousewheel is bound to "mouse 4" and "mouse 5" so i think ctrl+mouse 4 and ctl+mouse 5 should to the trick, but don't quote me on that, am no modder^^.

Tried many iterations using "keybinding add Ctrl-mouse 4 twbt tilesize more" as the base.  Dfhack keeps spitting back "Invalid key spec" errors. 

Oh, and I hope I can remember how to play DF properly so the youtube videos are better >;)

Edit: For crying out loud, how do you reference Page Up/Down?  Why is this thing so hard to work with? 

Edit2:  Oh, and thinking about it more, couldn't the vanilla exe building tiles be replaced with overrides?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 31, 2014, 11:05:45 am »

Tried many iterations using "keybinding add Ctrl-mouse 4 twbt tilesize more" as the base.  Dfhack keeps spitting back "Invalid key spec" errors.
No, the mousewheel is not a valid target for dfhack custom keys. First idea was a number key, but no luck, those don't work either. Haven't tried ctrl-Z/shift-Z, perhaps that would be logical if not mapped elsewhere. Tried, not good.
I wonder why it's not possible to bind anything except "A-Z, or F1-F9, or Enter" (as dfhack says). Arrow keys with some modifiers would be the natural choice for zoom, or numbers maybe.
But on OS X it doesn't matter, as multiscroll plugin adds zoom in/out with Cmd+scroll up/down.
This only works in the main menu, once you load a world CMD-scroll behaves like regular scroll.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:09:23 am by fricy »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 31, 2014, 11:19:27 am »

What? Twbt 4.xx + multiscroll and no zoom on cmd+scroll?
Exactly. It works on the title screen, but not in the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 31, 2014, 11:47:35 am »

What? Twbt 4.xx + multiscroll and no zoom on cmd+scroll?
Exactly. It works on the title screen, but not in the game.
Are you using trackpad or mouse?
Trackpad on an old macbook white, no three finger gestures. Tried with USB wireless mouse, same. Well, not exactly the same, the mouse scroll is erratic, but that may be due to the mouse.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 31, 2014, 01:00:38 pm »

i'll post it here too because it didn't happen to me before and so it might be twbt related but in my current game after i load my save withint a couple of ingame days i get a crash. dwarf fortress has never crashed on me before.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

here is my current save folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i76p53byyfc7m92/region1.rar

i am using the spacefox tileset (the one included in the starter pack) and i updated the pack with the 4.49 twbt update (the three .dll files) and added two keybindings to dfhack.init...nothing more.

Edit: because somebody already said that he was also crashing, i didn't zoom in / out while the crash was happening. at the time around the crash i ordered my dwarves to build a mechanics workshop, to create rock crafts. my farmers were also doing their usual stuff, but maybe its related to a missing tile (idk).

Edit2: ok tried phoebus tileset now, getting crash either way :/.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:17:56 pm by Xerberus »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 31, 2014, 01:32:41 pm »

i'll post it here too because it didn't happen to me before and so it might be twbt related but in my current game after i load my save withint a couple of ingame days i get a crash. dwarf fortress has never crashed on me before.
I tested on mac with Peredixiserrant's settings, no crash here. I let it run until the end of the month.
I suspect the crash is more to do with the "phantom" siege on the map: right after loading I get an announcement that a siege has arrived, but no units arrive on the map. Since you haven't mentioned a siege, I think that's where the game is crashing for you.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 184