Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 772667 times)

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
  • ...and the severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1440 on: January 10, 2015, 04:10:44 pm »

Currently no. Easy to implement though. What do you want this for?

When I originally posted this idea, this is the image I had in mind:

Two grass tiles, and two dirt tiles. Each one has a simple 50/50 chance of being dispersed. Anything more than that, and the tiling effect would probably drain a lot of FPS (which isn't worth it for such a subtle effect). And as long as you pay careful attention to how you design your tiles, it's possible to "break the grid" with only two tiles.

It's also the same thing I did for my grass (before DF2014 turned my grass back into ugly ones :().  Those things that look like 3 green dots are variants to break up the pattern a bit. Good to see you're also explicitly defining grass ^^
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How extensive is the tile overriding functionality?
Can you override graphics by material? Quality?

Is there a test map to see all the overrides?

You should download TWBT and read the readme. It lists most of the tiles that can be overriden. It doesn't include tiles that are overridden in the raws (plants, monsters, units), so it's currently limited to items (food, clothing, weapons, crafts, etc), tiletypes (terrain features, etc. including trees, water, etc.), and buildings (workshops, walls, etc.). Can't also override by material or quality, but to a limited extent you can override by subtype (I posted the list a few posts down).

To see it in action, I recommend downloading the starter packs/lazy newb packs and examine the existing sets there (the override codes are found in the init folder, while the graphics are in the graphics folder). Spacefox is currently the most overriden graphics set, I think.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:35:46 pm by Obsidian Soul »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 10, 2015, 05:41:12 pm »

You can't override by material, but a number of people have requested that feature, so I think (hope) that it will be coming in the future at some point.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1442 on: January 10, 2015, 06:39:56 pm »

There might be a lot of materials, considering that each creature makes its own "creature leather", "creature meat" and "creature bone".
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 10, 2015, 06:49:20 pm »

Hopefully having to list each one could be avoided by things like LEATHER_ANY or some such tag

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 10, 2015, 10:00:11 pm »

There's about 600 or so materials. I have the full list here, including random ones. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nuU0o3hQdzLskJ8wemjW0dAuY28pb6aPIbqfy9wQc_8/edit?usp=docslist_api
In armok vision, I have things matched up with the different parts of the material name. (everything ending in leaf, for example)
Should be easy to port over.

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is the same as ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 18, 2015, 12:31:26 pm »

Is this plugin version specific? I'm running dfhack-0.40.23-r1-Darwin, can I install the latex version of TWBT?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: January 18, 2015, 02:17:59 pm »

Darwin? It does work for regular df hack 40.23 though, you can try it for your version.

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: January 18, 2015, 02:28:42 pm »

Darwin? It does work for regular df hack 40.23 though, you can try it for your version.
dfhack 0.40.23-r1 for OSX

Melax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 18, 2015, 02:38:47 pm »

most likely a stupid question but...

would it be possible to overwrite the "male" (caste 1, sex 1) graphics of dwarfs (most likely) with female ones if the dwarf is female (caste 0, sex 0) ?

or are these parameters not readable for this tool?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: January 18, 2015, 06:16:50 pm »

dfhack 0.40.23-r1 for OSX

Yeah it's here http://do1.mifki.com:8810/dashboard;jsessionid=xeunpotjoogkf3aylctrcrw4 or Development Builds on the front page. Also there is a OSX starter pack here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128960.0.

most likely a stupid question but...

would it be possible to overwrite the "male" (caste 1, sex 1) graphics of dwarfs (most likely) with female ones if the dwarf is female (caste 0, sex 0) ?

or are these parameters not readable for this tool?

At the moment no.

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: January 18, 2015, 08:53:51 pm »

Yeah it's here http://do1.mifki.com:8810/dashboard;jsessionid=xeunpotjoogkf3aylctrcrw4 or Development Builds on the front page. Also there is a OSX starter pack here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128960.0.
Thanks Dwude

txtsd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I have a quest!
« Reply #1451 on: January 22, 2015, 08:10:17 am »

Any update on at least a dev version for 40.24?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: January 24, 2015, 04:55:39 am »

With an official DFHack release for 40.24 out, a new TwbT build would be awesome ;P
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: January 24, 2015, 06:30:25 am »

Works like a charm! Thanks, man.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 184