Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 772683 times)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1545 on: March 09, 2015, 08:52:39 am »

I know libpng has partial mng support, though I haven't checked how extensive that support is.
Libmng has full PNG support, since all PNG files are valid MNG files.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: March 09, 2015, 08:57:24 am »

I know libpng has partial mng support, though I haven't checked how extensive that support is.
Libmng has full PNG support, since all PNG files are valid MNG files.
From what I can find, .mng is designed for animated .png images, not multi-layer .png images.  So just go with the the .png idea.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: March 09, 2015, 09:03:20 am »

I'd suggest not using mng. Multiple png file + folder are easier to handle, anyone who has access to a computer can view and edit them.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1548 on: March 09, 2015, 04:25:10 pm »

In any case, I can definitely foresee artists adding a "topcoat" image by giving it a layer number higher than any material actually used in the building.  So long as that is handled gracefully (tinting with default material color of white is the same as not tinting at all, right?) then everyone will be happy.

Didn't undestand this. I thought people would mostly want untinted base image at layer 0 and then add layers tinted with material colours and containing only smaller parts of the image. You're saying it will be the other way round?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: March 09, 2015, 07:00:32 pm »

In any case, I can definitely foresee artists adding a "topcoat" image by giving it a layer number higher than any material actually used in the building.  So long as that is handled gracefully (tinting with default material color of white is the same as not tinting at all, right?) then everyone will be happy.

Didn't undestand this. I thought people would mostly want untinted base image at layer 0 and then add layers tinted with material colours and containing only smaller parts of the image. You're saying it will be the other way round?
What you described is what I'd expect for a general case, but an artist might want to also put an untinted layer (probably just tiny accents) on top of everything else.  This is not really necessary since it could be handled with planning ahead on the transparency, it was more of turning graceful handling of an error (referencing a non-existing building material) as if it was a feature.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: March 10, 2015, 05:14:25 am »

I downloaded the latest Lazy Newb Pack for Linux (dfhack 0.40.24-r2) and TWBT is not working, with the following error messages.

Plugin twbt was not built for this version of DFHack.
Plugin: 0.40.24-r1, DFHack: 0.40.24-r2
multilevel is not a recognized command.

I'm coming here first to start pinning down the source. Is it a problem in TWBT, dfhack or LNP?
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: March 10, 2015, 05:26:52 am »

I'm coming here first to start pinning down the source. Is it a problem in TWBT, dfhack or LNP?
LNP. You should alert the author, r2 plugin is here.

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: March 10, 2015, 08:22:46 am »

LNP. You should alert the author, r2 plugin is here.
Ta, will do.
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: March 13, 2015, 12:35:43 am »

In the linux distrubution for TWBT 5.43 there are 3 plugin files that already exist in dfhack: automaterial.plug.so, mousequery.plug.so, and resume.plug.so. Using these new files results in segfaults every so often (seems to be more likely with higher multilevel layers visible).

I switched back to the original dfhack r2 plugin files and everything still works, no crashes. (I'm using TWBT for the multilevel view only, no graphics sets, so i don't know if those plugin files are necessary or not).

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 13, 2015, 02:31:11 am »

do i have to specifically generate one or is that output to a log somewhere?

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: March 14, 2015, 06:42:07 am »

http://stackoverflow.com/a/2919398/991806

Thanks.

So the core dump file is 1.3G...what should I do with it?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1558 on: March 14, 2015, 07:26:35 am »

http://stackoverflow.com/a/2919398/991806

Thanks.

So the core dump file is 1.3G...what should I do with it?

Doesn't it compress well?
Anyway, if you can't upload it somewhere, and if you have gdb installed, you can do "gdb libs/Dwarf_Fortress -c <dumpfile>" but I'm not sure if it will work that easy, don't remember what happened when I tried to debug DF dump last time.

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 14, 2015, 07:58:15 am »

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 184