Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 187272 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 4 - BBQ!
« Reply #825 on: July 02, 2014, 07:15:22 pm »

I think you're informed if you're redirected anyway?
Me? I would assume so.  I get the name of the person each time.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 02, 2014, 07:18:35 pm »

I think you're informed if you're redirected anyway?
Me? I would assume so.  I get the name of the person each time.
Good.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 02, 2014, 07:35:16 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Persus13: 4maskwolf, ToonyMan
Hapah: flabort

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 03, 2014, 02:44:25 am »

Ugh I guess I believe 4mask so I guess him, NQT, Toaster, and Toony are town, though I still have bad feelings about NQT. I look forward to his claim. I suppose I'll vote Persus for everything I've ever said. Hapah is also dangerous. I'll try to look through their interactions tomorrow.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 03, 2014, 04:14:41 am »

I slept on it and I realised that Wolf fake-claiming Seer would be really dumb as it's highly susceptible to being counterclaimed. Also, I think we have good reason to believe Flabort's information is legitimate. Also, Persus/Hapah/Ottofar haven't been super forthcoming yet. That said, in case there is a counterclaim, we still need to hear from everone. Namely Persus and Ottofar.

Meph, is Otto going to be replaced?

Hapah
I don't think there's any way the game ends today/tonight. That'd require the setup to be something like 7 (or 8-1, converted) town/4 (or 3+1, convert) scum/2 SK's, right? That doesn't seem balanced to me.
My specific worry was a scum team of three including Toony with a scum-converting resurrection and a one-shot convert. This is the same set-up as the previous Supernatural and would mean 5 scum. But now that I've slept I realise that can't be the case because they'd already outnumber us, so either there wasn't a one-shot conversion or Toony isn't scum.

Anyone: So Sages essentially return town/not-town?  A Town Vig would return benign but a Scum Vig would return non-benign? Am I interpreting that correctly? Can scum inspect as benign?
That looks right. Re-read the action PMs of the previous gmes if you ever have these kinds of questions.

So if 4mask is on the up-and-up, then NQT/Toony (+ZU by extension of revive) are town, and Toaster is probably town unless you put stock in a convert (and even if you do, there are better targets). That'd leave flabort/Persus/me/Ottofar as possible scummies, with an outside chance of Toaster.
Are you going to claim today Hapah? As you correctly summise, your head is on the block.

Toony
I'll concede that our scum team could have a one-shot convert at most, if they used it signs all point to it being N1. This would mean that Toaster is the only possible candidate, not you or me. Your suspicion of me has been wasted since the game started.

Also, I am not suspecting a 4mask-NQT-Toaster scum team at all, wouldn't that be a similar situation?
OK, in the light of day I realise where you were going with the Toaster thing. I realise I was miscounting the number of people left alive. If you were scum, then neccessarily ZU would be as well, and if there was a conversion AND you were a scum priest then scum would have already won. And I think I trust Hapah even less, so I think Wolf is legit, and so by extension, you, ZU and Toaster and myself would all be poor lynch candidates for today.

Yeah, I have to admit that's pretty surprising. I think NQT is being too paranoid.
13 consecutive losses in a game will do that. At the end of the last Supernatural game I never wanted to play this game again.

Wolf
NQT: you know the reason why I inspected you?  Because I was sure you were scum.  You were arguing to keep a necromancer alive with a scumteam of unknown size and abilities in play.  I was going to announce two confirmed town and one confirmed scum this morning.
And then you came back town.
I can understand why you'd inspect me, though hopefully you can also understand why I was arguing for MOWE to live. Hapah's nonplussed reaction to your claim is beginning to seal it for me.

ZU
In the more reasonable light of morning, I've decide it probably isn't LYLO: Meph will have balanced this game with two SK kills in mind, so the scum team probably started smaller if it had a one-shot convert, or it couldn't convert at all. If we mislynch today then I'll definitely claim tomorrow, but I'll be very disappointed if we mislynch today.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 03, 2014, 08:42:02 am »

Meph, is Otto going to be replaced?

Otto has been prodded, but I'm leaving on a camping trip in a few hours, so I don't have time to deal with trying to find a replacement. Hopefully he'll show up and participate while I'm gone.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 03, 2014, 08:51:53 am »

Gentleman and ladies, I have come to a disturbing conclusion.

We may be facing a mentor type role.

Why do I believe this?

There was no kill night one, leading to the conclusion of at least a pseudo-cult. I was also trying to determine how a one-man scumteam could be effective, and that would likely be the best one-man team that wasn't a full cult.

If I'm right, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that we would only need one lynch to end the game. The bad news is that lynching the apprentice or whatever would nullify all of my action results.

As such, I change my vote to Hapah, because I get a cult-leaderesque vibe from him.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 03, 2014, 09:18:06 am »

That would be troubling, Wolf. I think Hapah is the best target. Tiruin's cases made absolutely no sense, and Hapah has only pursued (safe target) IG/MOWE the whole game, and now that the necromancer is dead they've yet to press a case, calmly taking in the accusation that they're scum. They're the best candidate for lynching.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 03, 2014, 11:25:53 am »

I slept on it and I realised that Wolf fake-claiming Seer would be really dumb as it's highly susceptible to being counterclaimed. -snip-
I was about to ask how so, but did throw it out first post of the day. So unless scum are confident that there are no other Seers (and how could they be?) it's a very risky play.

Anyone: So Sages essentially return town/not-town?  A Town Vig would return benign but a Scum Vig would return non-benign? Am I interpreting that correctly? Can scum inspect as benign?
That looks right. Re-read the action PMs of the previous gmes if you ever have these kinds of questions.
I'd love to, but time is something I don't have much of these days. (And big thanks to everyone who is answering these questions, by the way)

So if 4mask is on the up-and-up, then NQT/Toony (+ZU by extension of revive) are town, and Toaster is probably town unless you put stock in a convert (and even if you do, there are better targets). That'd leave flabort/Persus/me/Ottofar as possible scummies, with an outside chance of Toaster.
Are you going to claim today Hapah? As you correctly summise, your head is on the block.
Let me think on it a little, but I don't think it's a good idea as it doesn't really contribute anything and would just be a distraction.

PPE:

4mask:
You could be right about the Mentor, Meph did say there would be something new this game. Your reads would still have value though, as those you've inspected can't be the mentor. You can't discount wizards/knights, though. And why does the scumteam have to start as one man?

NQT: I didn't read Tir's D1 posts, and I pushed IG because I thought his claim was bunk. I'm gonna sit on people that I think are scum, safe target or not.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 03, 2014, 12:33:14 pm »

4mask Ooh, very plausible. I applaud you for bringing that article. If that isn't what we have, it still makes sense given what we know.
If this is true, though, you say that lynching the apprentice nullifies all your results. I would argue not. We still only have 5 people including ZU and myself, 3 if you don't, who are suspect of being the Mentor. 6/4 if you are looking for the Mentee, because you'd need to include Toaster. But lynching the Mentor wins the game. So we have 3 targets. Hapah, Ottofar, Persus. If we lynch one and it turns out to be the Mentee, well, yeah, any of us could become the new mentee the next night, but one of the other two original three targets still has to be the Mentor.

So let's consider the Mentee to be a town player until the Mentor dies. At which point, if the Mentee doesn't die with them, we can hunt the Mentee, or if it does and we still haven't won, we have another SK or other threat still.

TL;DR Logically, lynching the apprentice should not nullify reads of who the Mentor is.

Hapah He thinks the scum team is one person, because my power result only mentioned one person. The Dark Magus. It didn't mention whether he had team mates or not, but it seems possible that he did not have any. But it seems equally likely from analysis of the flavor that he might have a minion. Also, there were two SKs to balance against. Therefor, 4mask's presentation of the possibility of the Dark Magus being a Mentor is genius; it makes perfect sense.

What do you mean claiming would just be a distraction? Are you a third party? Would you fake claim? We're telling you to claim to save your life.

Also, 4mask claimed seer, not sage like you said. I'm the sage. Seers return town/not-town. Other than that, you seem to be interpreting it right.

ZU What is giving you bad feelings about NQT? What makes you suspect Persus over Hapah or Ottofar?
NQT While I suspect Hapah most right now too, What makes you suspect Hapah over Ottofar or Persus?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 03, 2014, 01:00:01 pm »

I agree that it's unlikely that we're facing a pure conversion cult, since someone is killing people off and it's not the two SKs.

4mask:  Why didn't you inspected ZU?

Speaking of ZU, if there is a one-shot convert, we know he didn't do it, regardless of his current alignment.  (Which I'd put at above-average likelihood of town.)

NQT:
I slept on it and I realised that Wolf fake-claiming Seer would be really dumb as it's highly susceptible to being counterclaimed.

How do you figure?  Given that there are almost certainly no third parties left (and Seer just sees good/bad anyway) it'd be easy to fabricate claims.

Anyway, I think I saw some calls for me to claim, and I'm okay with that.

I am a Thief.  I can track or watch people.

N1 I watched Flabort.  IG's claim pointed him strongly out as a town role and that bad things might happen with IG if Flabort died, so I figured him as a good target for scum, kill or convert.  No one visited him.

N2 I tracked ToonyMan.  I still wasn't sure what to think of him, so I wanted to see what he was up to.  He indeed visited Zombie U's grave.  I didn't see the need to mention this to vouch for him since no one believed IG anyway.

N3 I tracked TWS/4mask.  Like I said, I'd be revisiting him.  I was hoping to catch him burning someone, but instead he stayed home all night, which is consistent with a Seer's ability (they don't leave home to use it.)  It's not confirmation of his ability (or alignment) but it's consistent.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 03, 2014, 03:59:50 pm »

Your claim looks legitimate.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 03, 2014, 07:43:48 pm »

Will post more in the next day or so (likely after July 4th), since I'll have to reread the thread to get my cases. I'll just say that, at this point, if you want to make a case, make it good. I've seen several votes today that had no evidence or backup with the exception of a sentence explaining it. Please do better.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 04, 2014, 05:44:20 am »

Flabort
NQT While I suspect Hapah most right now too, What makes you suspect Hapah over Ottofar or Persus?
Less cases + poor case choice = scummier.

Toaster
How do you figure?  Given that there are almost certainly no third parties left (and Seer just sees good/bad anyway) it'd be easy to fabricate claims.
Only if you tell the truth about everyone: if you're saying people are good when they're bad and a real seer gets a negative inspect result, then they'd call them out on it.

With you and Wolf claiming inspect-style roles, we should co-ordinate your night targets: for instance, if we kill Hapah today, you should track Persus, and Wolf should investigate Ottofar.

Persus, the votes on you rest on a process of elimination thing, given that people are deciding to believe Wolf's inspection claim. If you're claiming not to be scum then essentially you've got to say why you think Wolf is lying or you've got to argue that the scum team is smaller than three people. The burden is on you. You're up for the chop here, so you should claim.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 04, 2014, 12:37:41 pm »

Hapah He thinks the scum team is one person, because my power result only mentioned one person. The Dark Magus. It didn't mention whether he had team mates or not, but it seems possible that he did not have any. But it seems equally likely from analysis of the flavor that he might have a minion. Also, there were two SKs to balance against. Therefor, 4mask's presentation of the possibility of the Dark Magus being a Mentor is genius; it makes perfect sense.
Yeah, I can see that.

What do you mean claiming would just be a distraction? Are you a third party? Would you fake claim? We're telling you to claim to save your life.
Oh no, nothing like that, I just have a pretty good idea of how it'd end up. And I sincerely hope you don't believe the bolded part, nobody's trying to save my life.

NQT:
I slept on it and I realised that Wolf fake-claiming Seer would be really dumb as it's highly susceptible to being counterclaimed.
On reflection, if the Seer is the convert it's a rather safe play to claim some results. What are the odds that there would be two?

How would you (or more specifically, I) even go about trying to refute the Seer's results, though? I've got no angle to try to contest; so I've gotta accept his results since I can do nothing to contest them. NQT summed it up in his latest post rather well.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 80