Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 56446 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Turn 2 of Fallacy's Loot Generator Test
« Reply #495 on: February 03, 2017, 06:36:43 pm »

Nothing related to loot
((I'm assuming you didn't post an action because your character is unconscious. If I'm wrong, please correct me.))
Have my soldier shoot the guy that summoned the horse thing.
In dream, plan how to approach situation next turn. When I wake up, look down, and locate horse bases off of it's shadow. Then, carefully mount it backwards, eyes closed, and give it a slap.

Initiative:
OceanSoul(64)
Beirus(12)
Whisperling(75)

Whisperling awakening(5-1=4)
Whisperling's unconscious mind stirred... before he finally managed to push himself out of unconsciousness. Mostly. (Groggy: -1 to all actions, this turn and next.)

Whisperling tries to avoid looking at the horse(6-1=5)
Whisperling immediately shut his eyes to avoid looking at the horse of doom. Good thing he did.

OceanSoul attempted to make use of his unconscious state, planning for what to do after he woke up.
OceanSoul planning: (6)

And he did a marvelous job of it. Perhaps too marvelous. (+1 to all actions part of plan this turn, -1 to willpower next turn, will wake up at end of turn instead of getting a chance now due to taking time to plan)

This gave Beirus a chance to order his soldier to fire upon OceanSoul.

Beirus avoidance of horse(6)
Soldier avoidance of horse(6)

Miraculously, neither him nor his minion had their gazes drawn to OceanSoul's horse minion. Not paying attention to it helped with the sanity issue.

Soldier Accuracy(4) vs. OceanSoul Dodge(1 by default)

The lack of vomiting was enough for Beirus' soldier to land an accurate shot to OceanSoul's center of mass.

OceanSoul damage resist(5)

If the bullet wasn't a dud, however.

OceanSoul awakening(6)

OceanSoul promptly got up and executed his plan.

OceanSoul Sanity(3+1(plan)+1(indirect locating)=5)

His single-minded determination and intelligence enabled him to mount his steed without issue.

OceanSoul horseback communication skill(4+1=5)

The slap to OceanSoul's horse was all it needed to know to attack.

Target(soldier)

The soldier with the menacing weapon looked to be the greatest threat, so in the absence of an alternate direction...

CHARGE!(6) vs. Soldier Dodge(5-2(trying to avoid looking at it)=3) and Soldier Damage Resist(3) and Soldier Effect Resist(3)

Beirus watched(somewhat) as his minion was impacted by a high mass of dangerous equine. The soldier was knocked to the ground. But that was the least of his problems. (Rib damage: -1 to chest damage resistance and willpower) (Taint: roll effect resist next turn to avoid actual damage)

Soldier Willpower(4-1=3)

The change the soldier had previously suffered continued to spread, changing his chest into the new state, while increasing it in his arms and hands. The soldier was beginning to look rather cartoonlike.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.
« Reply #496 on: February 03, 2017, 06:57:09 pm »

Onward, Shub-Biscuit! Keep eyes closed, and say saddled on Shub-Biscuit. Make bragging, etc. noises, and then make a weird sound, attracting the others' attention. Make them loud, as to help avoid Whisperling's toonification headphones.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 05, 2017, 07:07:29 pm »

Loot: Try playing my headphones again. Beneficial music gets put on my head, detrimental music gets shoved in horse guy's face.

Chaos: Uh... try making the lion buddhist, AKA pacifist? And using my sleeves, of course.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 05, 2017, 07:19:56 pm »

Have my soldier try to shoot Horse guy again. If he cant, I'll shoot Horse guy with the rifle.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 05, 2017, 07:26:10 pm »

Chaos: Uh... try making the lion buddhist, AKA pacifist? And using my sleeves, of course.
That wouldn't work well. I'd give it a -1 modifier. Perhaps you could carve buddhist runes into the ground, creating a small area that instill the beliefs of buddhism into those within it. It would be sufficient in my eyes, but it would be indirect. Of course, you could always steal the air from his lungs, leaving behind a vacuum.

Both of you should keep in mind that the Aspects can be part of the actual effect, but they can also be part of the effect's cause. For example, in Whisperling's last action, he (would have) used Ninja as the method of Carving up Caesar.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 05, 2017, 07:33:38 pm »

That wouldn't work well. I'd give it a -1 modifier. Perhaps you could carve buddhist runes into the ground, creating a small area that instill the beliefs of buddhism into those within it. It would be sufficient in my eyes, but it would be indirect. Of course, you could always steal the air from his lungs, leaving behind a vacuum.

Both of you should keep in mind that the Aspects can be part of the actual effect, but they can also be part of the effect's cause. For example, in Whisperling's last action, he (would have) used Ninja as the method of Carving up Caesar.

...Screw it, let's implode a lion.

Do the air stealy thing.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 3 of Fallacy's Loot Generator Test
« Reply #501 on: February 06, 2017, 10:27:00 am »

Onward, Shub-Biscuit! Keep eyes closed, and say saddled on Shub-Biscuit. Make bragging, etc. noises, and then make a weird sound, attracting the others' attention. Make them loud, as to help avoid Whisperling's toonification headphones.
((... Shub-Biscuit. Huh.))
Loot: Try playing my headphones again. Beneficial music gets put on my head, detrimental music gets shoved in horse guy's face.
Have my soldier try to shoot Horse guy again. If he cant, I'll shoot Horse guy with the rifle.

Initiative:
OceanSoul(5)
Whisperling(31)
Beirus(96)

Beirus was first to act. An order was issued. A gun was supposed to be fired.

Soldier Willpower(5-1=4)

Beirus' soldier staggered to his feet, leveled his gun at the man on the anomalous horse... wait.

Soldier Sanity(6-1=5)

Somehow, managing to look directly at the horse and its rider, the Soldier opened fire.

Soldier Accuracy(6) vs. OceanSoul Riding(4)

OceanSoul damage resist(5)

The shot would have pierced into OceanSoul's shoulder. If it wasn't a dud.

Whisperling was the next to act.

He pressed the button.
Let me reiterate, he pressed THE BUTTON. ((Here's a little behind the scenes info: There are five tiers of loot. The headphones are only tier 2. Yet they summon an eldritch abomination.))

"YoU sToLe mY hEaDpHoNeS!"

Something was terribly wrong.

Whisperling Sanity(2-1=1)
Soldier Sanity(6-1=5)
OceanSoul Sanity(5-1=4)
Beirus Sanity(6)
Horse Sanity(4)

"SlEeP."

Whisperling fell into a vindictive dream. Truly he was doomed.

Everybody else felt a pull on them. Telling them to sleep. Telling them to give up. To sleep. To sleep. To rest. To sleep. Sleep.

This was less effective on everybody but Whisperling, thankfully. Beirus was completely unaffected, as was his minion. OceanSoul and his horse only slipped a little bit into the vindictive abyss. (-1 to next turn's roll)

OceanSoul got to parading.

Parade(1)

His attempt at doing a handstand on top of his horse led to him falling off of it.

OceanSoul avoidance(1), sanity(6-1=5)

This led to him looking directly at the horse. And thankfully being unaffected.

Soldier Willpower(4-1=3, 6-1=5)

The taint dispersed from Beirus' soldier without issue. But the toonification continued. The chest's tooniness increased, and it began to spread into the soldier's legs.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 06, 2017, 04:38:23 pm »

Evasive maneuvers! Close eyes, and approach the sound of hoofs on the ground while taking a wavy path and irregular speed to help evade the bullets. Call out to Shub-biscuit, too.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 06, 2017, 05:13:36 pm »

Have my soldier shoot OceanSoul again. Damn faulty bullets.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 06, 2017, 05:14:56 pm »

Dream-meditate about why exactly elder gods and/or horses hate me so much.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 4 of Fallacy's Loot Generator Test
« Reply #505 on: February 06, 2017, 05:39:48 pm »

Evasive maneuvers! Close eyes, and approach the sound of hoofs on the ground while taking a wavy path and irregular speed to help evade the bullets. Call out to Shub-biscuit, too.
Have my soldier shoot OceanSoul again. Damn faulty bullets.
Dream-meditate about why exactly elder gods and/or horses hate me so much.

INIT:
OceanSoul(58)
Beirus(14)
Whisperling(71)

If Whisperling was not trapped in a vindictive dream, perhaps he might have acted in the real world.

"BuT hOw CaN yOu KnOw ThIs IsN't ThE rEaL wOrLd?"

It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

>Meditate

(5) You meditate on why exactly eldritch creatures hate you so much. It's fairly simple, actually. The Vindictive Dream hates you because you stole its headphones. Obviously. The horse didn't hate you. Its effects on you were simply a function of you looking at it.

Next to act was OceanSoul, who was quite a bit more conscious.

Blind Navigation/Evasion(6)

OceanSoul moved in a quite evasive pattern(+1 to avoiding gunshots this turn), but failed to reach Shub-biscuit, at least until he called out. At that point, the horse rushed to him.

How Does One React To Such A Thing?(2, poorly)

Had OceanSoul been better prepared, he might not have been bowled over by Shub-biscuit.

Resist!(6)

Luckily for him, it didn't negatively effect him at all, thanks to going into a roll.

Beirus didn't like this. His orders were given.

Soldier Avoid Looking At Shub-Biscuit(5), Soldier Accuracy(2) vs. OceanSoul Evasion(3+1=4)

Though Beirus' soldier managed to avoid the memetic effect OceanSoul's horse had on him, he was still unable to shoot OceanSoul.

Soldier Willpower(1-1=0)

The color that was spreading through the soldier suddenly accelerated, and in an instant the soldier was a fully fledged cartoon character, an odd sight to be seen in a realistic world.

Soldier Sanity(6-1=5)
Whisperling Sanity(5)
OceanSoul Sanity(2-1=1)
Horse Sanity(2-1=1)
Beirus Sanity(3)

The vindictive dream struck the world again. The cartoon soldier was completely unaffected, and Whisperling's situation did not get any worse.

On the other hand... OceanSoul and his horse instantly collapsed. Beirus staggered, almost falling into the vindictive abyss. (-2 to resist, next turn)
~~~
Feedback so far?
Yes, eldritch abominations should probably be a Tier 4 or higher thing. Maybe some sort of "Potency" roll also influenced by Tier along with the Aspect rolls...
Generic Arms Race.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 06, 2017, 06:00:24 pm »

Have my soldier shoot OceanSoul with a real, working bullet this time. If he cant, I'll shoot OceanSoul. If my soldier shoots at him but he doesn't die, go kill him with my bare hands. If my soldier kills OceanSoul,  go after Whisperling.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 06, 2017, 06:18:16 pm »

I resist the Vindictive Dream with thoughts of loud concerts, annoying neighbors, immense amounts of coffee, etc. If I go down into the Vindictive Dream, I bring down Beirus with me. If he goes down, I try to enter his body.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 07, 2017, 12:58:42 pm »

Perform one of the more arcane forms of dance - the Morris dance - and exit stage left while so doing.

Summon ghosts to fill out the missing parts.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 09, 2017, 10:16:24 pm »

Turn 3:

Initiative:
TheBiggerFish- (4)
Whisperling- (6)
Elder Dimension Priest- (5)
Ninja Caesar- (5+1=6)

...Screw it, let's implode a lion.

Do the air stealy thing.
Quote from: Ninja Caesar
Ninj-rawr Bite-Slash Technique!
Whisper Pot(4+1=5)
Caesar Str(2-1=1)
End(3)
Caesar, with his new getup, gains a burst of speed that almost catches you by surprise. However, with focus and determination, you grasp the air in his body from two yards away, and when he lunges at you, turning his head to the left to bring his katana to meet your chest, he trips and drops his blade, giving you the perfect chance to knock it out! He lurches forward as the wind knocked out of his lungs pushes out, and, curiously, solidifies in your hand as small ball. His mouth bleeds a little, proving the damage you have caused within him.
-Caesar is Disarmed (weapon dropped on ground) and suffers Internal Bleeding! (-1 Endurance)

Quote from: Elder Dimension Priest
Baby got a sweet new Cadillac!
Perform one of the more arcane forms of dance - the Morris dance - and exit stage left while so doing.

Summon ghosts to fill out the missing parts.

Elder Pot (6-1=5)
TBF Pot (1+1-1=1)
The priest begins praying again, but this time, he twists to the right. You attempt your spell, keeping music in mind, but the rhythms are completely off! You get a little dancing off, but you're a little clumsy with it, and when you turn around, ready for your getaway, you find that your backup dancer are rather..dedicated.They're eyes are blank, and stare at you with a hatred for your lack of talent.  Their dancing brings them closer..and closer...
Summoned hostile Morris Ghouls x7
..but the cleric finishes his prayer first, letting his left hand fall limp, as he turns all the way to the left and pushes his right hand in an open palm. A portal opens up, and a 1992 Cadillac Eldorado drives through it, right at you!
TBF Dex(3-1=2)
Ghoul Dex(3)
You try to graze it, but you are knocked down as it comes by, your leg feeling some pain, but only getting bruised. Thankfully, two of the ghouls are also hit, and dissipate into nothing. The vehicles slows down, and seemingly turns around on its own...At least your head's feeling better. The ironic influence of Survivor finally leaves you, too.
-TBF gains a Sore Leg(-1 dexterity for 2 turns), and the Evil Eye of the Tiger wears off on him!

Aspect Regen:
TBF gains the Entropy Aspect!
Whisperling gains the Turtle aspect!

Players
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

Enemies
Caesar the Lion (Lion, Ninja): Evil Eye of the Tiger (2), Ninja Runes (+1 Dex and Initiative). Wearing ninja suit, and equipped with katana and shruikens.
Status: Disarmed (katana dropped on ground), Internal Bleeding (-1 Endurance).
Elder Dimension Priest (Prayer, Outdated, Extradimentional): Evil Eye of the Tiger. Equipped with Old Bronze Sword.
Morris Ghouls x5 (Ghost, Dance):

Map
Caesar's Habitat- Evil Eye of the Tiger (2)

No one has to fight alone! With the Aspect of a conscious entity, like Ghost or Snake, you can conjure an ally to help you in a fight. Even non-consious Aspects can allow this- a robot, pirate, or soldier would be possible this way!
Also, sorry the turn's a little late. Forgot about it yesterday.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 10:18:17 pm by OceanSoul »

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35