Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Search for the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness  (Read 11220 times)

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Search for the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2017, 03:55:58 pm »

I attempt to convince the imps that violence is futile, and tell them that if they go back to their poker game we won't do them harm.
If they respond negatively, stand back and be ready to heal my allies.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2017, 03:57:15 pm »

I attempt to convince the imps that violence is futile, and tell them that if they go back to their poker game we won't do them harm.
If you can convince them to not attack, then yeah, I'm good with not attacking them.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2017, 04:05:40 pm »

If you can convince them to not attack, then yeah, I'm good with not attacking them.
Seconded, I'll only attack people who aren't fighting back if I need a heal.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2017, 07:15:39 pm »

Shoot at imp with smoking barrel if I would not be attacked, or dodge if I myself am attacked.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2017, 03:39:01 am »

I will try to update within 2 hours.

Shoot at imp with smoking barrel if I would not be attacked, or dodge if I myself am attacked.
The dodge happens automatically when you are attacked. If you yourself attacked/casted (or will attack/cast) that turn, you get a -5 to dodge that turn. Is this why you don't want to attack if you were going to be attacked?

Seconded, I'll only attack people who aren't fighting back if I need a heal.
So if you need a heal, you're going to attack an enemy who isn't attacking. Otherwise, you're going to attack an enemy who is attacking. Did I get that right?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2017, 08:25:24 am »

Yeah, damage is the only way for me to heal, such is the curse of the vampire.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2017, 08:40:07 am »

The dodge happens automatically when you are attacked. If you yourself attacked/casted (or will attack/cast) that turn, you get a -5 to dodge that turn. Is this why you don't want to attack if you were going to be attacked?
Pretty much.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2017, 08:42:32 am »

Pretty much.
Please, if we get them to not attack, please don't attack. That'll just make them attack.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2017, 03:15:23 pm »

Sorry for the lack of an update. It's going to take longer than expected. G'night.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2017, 09:56:16 am »

I am going to be taking a long plane trip soon, probably followed by long jet lag. Two days later, I will be taking another plane trip. Updates will probably be very infrequent. I might even do a short hiatus. This period is not going to count against your time limit.

Also, I removed the rule about missed shots and thrown weapons having a chance of hitting someone else because it's one more thing I don't want to keep track of.

Oh, and on your character sheets you'll see most of your items have been *starred. This means you have them equipped. Kits are considered always equipped. Now let's get on with it!

Turn 2

If they respond negatively, stand back and be ready to heal my allies.
Maruko quickly discovers that pleas for pacifism are a form of humor to the violent impkind. They decide to save Maruko for last, hoping he'll provide some more entertainment before they kill him. It was worth a try.

The four of you quickly move into position before the imps can get in between you. Imp#2 lands atop the cabinets, far above melee range. Because of his distance and high position, he gets no partial cover from his comrades.

Spoiler: Combat Grid (click to show/hide)

Hana sees imp #1 going in for a swing with his spiked club, so she assumes a defensive stance. However, before the blow can connect, her trigger-happy pistol aims at imp#1 and fires!
Quote from: trigger-happy blaster pistol vs imp #1
[9]+5-5 vs [20]+2-5
It's difficult to hit anything in these close quarters, so even with the imps attack penalty he still blocks the shot.

Imp #1 goes through with his attack.
Quote from: Imp #1 vs Hana
[14]+3-2 vs [4]+2
Hana can see the imp's fighting spirit being drained by her vampire ally, but it's not enough to stop his blow. Hana takes 4 sharp damage.

Imp #2 aims his blaster rifle at Hana, steadies his shot, and fires.
Quote from: Imp #2 vs Hana
[18]+1 vs [14]+2
He hits his mark.Hana takes 10 fire damage.

Sacrin shoots back at Imp #2.
Quote from: Sacrin vs Imp#2
[14]+3-5 vs [3]+1-5
The shot burns a hole straight through its armor. Imp #2 takes 6 plasma damage, and is kinda pissed.

Imp #3 winds up for a swing at Avair, but falters when the vampire bites a chunk out of his courage. He seizes this opportunity and strikes!
Quote from: Avair vs Imp #3
[CRIT] vs doesn't matter
The imps fear turns to blood-curdling horror when he sees the hilt of a shortsword sticking out of his chest. Imp #3 takes 15 sharp damage and dies!
However, instead of collapsing to the ground like most dead bodies, the corpse of Imp #3 stays rigidly standing and suddenly lights aflame! His flesh turns black and melts as the fire grows hotter and hotter.

Imp #4 doesn't seem to care, and takes a swing at Avair.
Quote from: Imp #4 vs Avair
[11]+3-2 vs [6]+3-5
The spikes pierce into Avair's pale flesh. Avair takes 3 sharp damage.

Spoiler: Combat Grid (click to show/hide)

Imp #1 (DR 1) HP:12/12
Imp #2 (DR 1) HP:6/12
Imp #3 (DR 1) HP:0/12
Imp #4 (DR 1) HP:12/12

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2017, 10:18:43 am »

Turn to imp 4 with my scariest slasher smile (said happily with some laughter)"How dare you, your blood will heal my wounds." Run imp 4 through. If imp 3 is still on my blade fling his corpse at imp 1.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2017, 10:22:25 am »

Turn to imp 4 with my scariest slasher smile (said happily with some laughter)"How dare you, your blood will heal my wounds." Run imp 4 through. If imp 3 is still on my blade fling his corpse at imp 1.
Sp00ky... but those are both attacks and you can only make one attack per turn. The flinging would be based off Athletics because it's a feat of strength.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2017, 10:56:25 am »

Sp00ky... but those are both attacks and you can only make one attack per turn. The flinging would be based off Athletics because it's a feat of strength.
I'll decide which one I'll do in a bit.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2017, 10:57:43 am »

Once again, fire upon Imp 2.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2017, 01:26:17 pm »

Reposition toward the top-right corner of the room, then fire at imp 2!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8