Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 216680 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 running, waitlist open
« Reply #285 on: April 09, 2015, 08:42:19 pm »

((Well, this is a predicament.))
My body may be rendered, but my soul still lingers. My followers shall carry on.

50 non diseased cultists: Take weapons from the armed guys because apparently they can't seem to be able to use them, then assassinate Lucifer Carl's wizards. While wearing the disguises.
Diseased bros minus 25: Convince the dead Jeff's followers to join our group, as Jeff used to be loyal to us.
25 Diseased blokes: Conserve my body, tar-like flesh, mask and wings included, somewhere safe.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 11:48:06 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 09, 2015, 09:52:46 pm »

Cultists: Redeem the Mad Matron's reputation.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 10, 2015, 04:19:45 am »

The period of mourning is over.
Cultists: Go out and recruit more! Amass our forces!
I do stuff, I guess

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 10, 2015, 08:31:17 am »

58 Cultists: Again, Acquire 100 Assault Rifles and corresponding Ammunition.
40 Cultists: Solicit Donations from fellow Nerds for the Cause.
50 Cultists: Recruit more Cultists.
50 Cultists: Build some Fortifications for the Warehouse Base.
50 Cultists: Spread Internet Propaganda showing the Wizards casting spells to improve public opinion of the Cult.
50 Cultists: Protect The Wizards.
5 Wizards:  Train more Wizards, Without Magic we'd just be a bunch of Overly Enthusiastic Larpers!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 10, 2015, 08:33:55 am »

((Ardent is going to win; more cultists also means more backup for when you die))
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 10, 2015, 08:41:48 am »

((I Just Hope beyond Hope, That my Wizards don't die off before I can get 100 or so of them, And 298 Cultists and 8 Steel Golems aren't strong enough to Kill either The Mad Matron or The Plague Doctor in combat with losing at least half of their numbers. Not counting Effects and Powers. Now, 298 Wizards and a few hundred Armed Minotaurs on the other hand....))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 10, 2015, 09:05:39 am »

((I Just Hope beyond Hope, That my Wizards don't die off before I can get 100 or so of them, And 298 Cultists and 8 Steel Golems aren't strong enough to Kill either The Mad Matron or The Plague Doctor in combat with losing at least half of their numbers. Not counting Effects and Powers. Now, 298 Wizards and a few hundred Armed Minotaurs on the other hand....))
Both the Mad Matron and the Plague Doctor are dead. Read last turn's post.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 10, 2015, 09:11:40 am »

Actually, we happen to be all dead.
Lucifer is heavily wounded, and Giga Paul is untouched.
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 10, 2015, 10:13:37 am »

Actually, we happen to be all dead.
Lucifer is heavily wounded, and Giga Paul is untouched.
Lucifer's dead too, Paul is the only one still alive, and that's probably because he's ludicrously protected and can't attack anyone else, just steal their cultists.

The period of mourning is over.
Cultists: Go out and recruit more! Amass our forces!

[2] They can't convince anyone to join their dead overlord's following... curses!

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2015, 02:04:49 pm »

((Hey, I might not be able to post for a day or two, Here are my commands,

All Followers: Move into the Warehouse.
Quarter of the Cultists: Keep up the Reputation Boosting Internet Propaganda Campaign, If another Cult/Inquisitors attack The Warehouse, Change The Focus of the Propaganda Campaign towards Lowering their Reputation and making the Public Hate the Attackers.
Quarter of the Cultists: Recruit more Cultists.
Quarter of the Cultists: Acquire Weaponry and equip The Guard Cultists, If all of The Guard Cultists are equipped, Recruit more Cultists with the Recruiting Group.
Quarter of the Cultists: Stand Guard at the Warehouse and if at all possible, Do so using weapons and train during their free time.
If the Number of Cultists falls below 200, 100 Recruit more Cultists and 100 guard the Warehouse.
Wizards: Train more Wizards and move into the Warehouse.
If there are more than 100 Wizards, 50 of them make Friendly Steel Golems and 25 Magically Enchant The Warehouse Defences to make them more effective.
Friendly Steel Golems: Protect the Wizards, If there are Hostile Steel Golem Inquisitors and the Friendly Steel Golems outnumber them 2:1 attack them.

Again, Sorry about this, Stuff came up.
If the New Game Starts and I haven't posted in half a day, My first commands are as follows,

To Recruit Anti-Civilization Nutjobs to my cult and devolve the strongest into Neanderthals when the number exceeds 25.
All Cultists: Gather Summoning Materials.
Neanderthals: Attack any Inquisitors that emerge using sticks as makeshift clubs.
))

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2015, 03:44:21 pm »

End of turn 17. All horrors dead, epilogue is beginning.
score:
Nightmare(DEAD) - 150 cultists, 8 assassin cultists, flooded cave base with flame thrower defenses, 16 inquisitors, inquisitors active, inquisitors have missiles, secured Orb of Stalwart 1, has plushies, glorious presence, has been summoned,  plushies distributed, plushie market flooded, plushie warehouse literally flooded
Carl Yelvin(SUPER DEAD) - 298 cultists, 5 unconscious chosen, dragon blood, access to Orb of Stalwart 3, access to orb of Stalwart 4, access to orb of stalwart 5, summoned, 8 steel golems, found abandoned warehouse (not moved in)
Plauge Doctor(SQUASHED INTO A FINE JELLY... ALSO DEAD) - 25 cultists, 25 armed cultists, 25 antimedicine  cultists, 25 antimedicine cultists with black lung(2), inquisitors can treat plague victims, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, Jeff (DEAD), has been summoned, escaped Jeff for now, inquisitors active, 150 civilians dead of disease, least hated by Lucifer, friends with Giant Paul, 100 Jeff's cultists
Mad matron(DEAD) - 50 cultists (guarding), 5 cultists, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, has been summoned, has nerve gas, hated by humans, Giant Paul, 60 armed Paul's cultists, 75 Paul's cultists, has found Nightmare's base, Lucifer w/ Shadowbane and angelic armor (DEAD), 5 Lucifer's chosen
Other: existence of horrors poorly revealed (in spite of the inquisitors' efforts and CY's reckless exposing of his summoned beasts)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 12, 2015, 09:17:11 am »

((Well, this is a predicament.))
My body may be rendered, but my soul still lingers. My followers shall carry on.

50 non diseased cultists: Take weapons from the armed guys because apparently they can't seem to be able to use them, then assassinate Lucifer Carl's wizards. While wearing the disguises.
Diseased bros minus 25: Convince the dead Jeff's followers to join our group, as Jeff used to be loyal to us.
25 Diseased blokes: Conserve my body, tar-like flesh, mask and wings included, somewhere safe.

[1] They spend the whole turn coughing and fail to do the task They gut themselves on the knives and forget which side of the gun the bullet comes out of. Maybe we should leave weapon handling to the professionals... well, the slightly more experienced, at least (-30 cultists).
[irrelevant] All your zero diseased cultists-25 try to convince Jeff's followers  to join your gang. It is ineffective, despite their heroic efforts. (you only have 25 diseased cultists)
[5] they do a thing [6] A little too well. They seal your remains in a coffin, and themselves as well. I guess we're going egyptian-pharoah-style burial then. (-25 black lung antimedicine cultists).

J. cultists: build a shrine to Jeff
[2] Dammit, can't seem to get the pieces to fit together right

Cultists: Redeem the Mad Matron's reputation.
[5] They salvage your reputation and turn the tide. Now it's common belief that you were a misunderstood benevolent soul while Plauge doctor was a malignant scourge upon the land. Well, they're half right at least. (MM loved by humanity, PD hated by humanity)

L. cultists: recruit
[2] despite their efforts, five crazy guys isn't enough to convince people to join the cult

Giant Paul: Steal CY's cultists
[1] curses, that display was so embarrassing some of Paul's cultists left in shame (-25 P. cultists)
Armed P. cultists: were you guarding? I don't remember, but guard now
[1] Nah, Paul's so tough he could probably do with even fewer cultists if he wanted (-20 armed cultists)
Other cultists: recruit Lucifer's chosen, they shouldn't have to stand alone
[4] They convince all 5 of the chosen to join. Not sure what they'll add, but it's nice to have them around (5 L. chosen join Paul)

((Hey, I might not be able to post for a day or two, Here are my commands,

All Followers: Move into the Warehouse.

((I'm doing these at a more reasonable rate than they were posted at, one action per group per turn at the very least))
Moving in: [6] They scramble into the warehouse, but some people get trampled in the rush. (-100 cultists, moved into warehouse)

Your store has been abandoned for months, and you failed to pay the lease once the initial money ran out, so the owners of the building cloesd it down and leased it to someone else. (store closed)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 12, 2015, 09:24:37 am »

((Wait, what if someone does the Cascade while everyone is dead?))
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 12, 2015, 09:57:24 am »

((Wait, what if someone does the Cascade while everyone is dead?))
((They can't, it doesn't work if we've already summoned all the horrors (Technically three is all that's needed by the original ruleset, but I may change that if we have more people). Hypothetically if it did happen, then the surviving horrors would all appear, which at this point would mean Paul just moves to Folston and the game ends anyway.))

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 12, 2015, 10:15:15 am »

[1] They spend the whole turn coughing and fail to do the task
((Wait just a bloody moment, Did I not tell the non-diseased guys to kill the wizards? Why do they have to roll to see if they can actually do the thing?))
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:21:13 pm by Sl4cker »
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 121