Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217085 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #480 on: April 23, 2015, 10:58:26 am »

Turn 7:
All cultists without cancer: recruit.
Cancer victims: Summon me, and I will cure you.
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 23, 2015, 02:44:02 pm »

I assume that my cultists have put the standard metal recycler in                                                                                                (lol)the bunker.
Me+100 cultists: Recrute.
100 cultists: Set up some molds for metal bars and various metal things to sell and some molds for weapon parts then get the recycler connected to them.
50 Cultists: Get summoning ingredients from Anthaju, for trade the 50 cultists now work for him(An alliance works 2 ways remeber.).

There, no huge list of actions.
also when is the end of turn summary?
recrute: [3] You and you cultists try to bring more to your cause.  It's not as effective as it could have been, but you still get loads of people (+150 cultists).
molding: [5] They build molds for a dozen different things, including knives and gun parts (don't ask how they got authorization for that) as well as amulets, bars, and rings that they can sell for teh moneyz. (Weapon molds made, trade good molds made) ((Don't try to argue that you meant for them to also use them, I'm not retconning that))
demand aid: [6] They walk into his base and try to get the Orb of Stalwart, but there's no Orb there. They tell you where the Orb is and offer your cultists a drink. They get confused and drink dragon blood instead of the punch Anthaju's cult offers... (-25 cultists, found Orb of Stalwart 1)

((End of turn comes when the turn ends))

Recruit more cultists
Cultists: Improve PR.
Recruit: [1] Oh dear, maybe you put that last point wrong... (+30 inquisitors)
PR: [4] They manage to salvage your reputation, at least to a mere controversy rather than abominable levels (PR now mixed)

50 inquisitors: guard the important guys
[1] Nah, this "Tavern wench" doesn't seem nearly as dangerous as they said she would be when we signed up, I'm going home. (-25 inquisitors)
important guys: recruit
[6] They put out a call for more to join their cause. Some respond, but others feel bad for you and join you instead. (+25 inquisitors, +20 cultists)
The rest: get weapons
[3] They find some sharp things, but nothing too impressive... or even modern... (these guys are now lightly armed)

Heh heh... I may now be mortal, but I have more power in this world than my rivals... you know what that means? That means fun things are going to happen soon.

Me: Work with the carps inquisitors and active the purge! Death to the carp! Nevermind, I have bigger fish to fry, pun intended. Purge the Trogdor before he gets summoned!
125 cultists: Try to upgrade the house doing whatever you can!
50 dudes: Ask the kitten for good public relations as well for those summoning ingredients; I already have quite a few cultists.
50 guys with guns: Prison breakout! Retrieve assassin guys!
25 people with pistols: Attack the carps Trogs cultists! From a distance of course. And remember the blindfold was a stupid idea.

Purge: [2] They aren't even active, what the hell are they doing?
cultists:
Upgrade: [5] They turn the tiny shack into a large pyramid with a labyrinth beneath and a shoddy shack on top. Don't ask why they kept the shitty shack, it's a sentimentality thing. Humans are weird like that. (gained pyramid with shoddy shack on top) ((Cultists are a strange creature indeed, able to build large pyramids in a single day, but still dumb enough to drink something after everyone else who drank it died))
negotiation: [2] You can't seem to get in touch with him, he's not answering your messages on psinet.
Break-out: [5] They pull an amazing heist and liberate all of your assassins out without getting caught. You shoulda been there, it was amazing. (assassins liberated.
Murder party fun time III: electric boogaloo: [4] They are helpless to your assault. Turns out sharp sticks don't stop gunfire. Who knew? (Trog loses 50 lightly armed cultists)

Disregard earlier action post.

Me and 50 cultists: Recruit more generic people to join my cult.
80 cultists: Retrieve Orb of Stalwart 2 and bring it back to death-trap fortress.
((It won't kill me right?))
5 wealthy cultists: Fund retrieval of Orb of Stalwart 2. (Hauling equipment, vehicles, whatnot.)
2 military veteran cultists: Supervise the ones getting the Orb of Stalwart, make sure they don't break it or die to the traps in the fortress.
((Just in case))
5 other wealthy cultists: Hire journalists to work on ihatecarp.com to write articles about the carp plague caused by carp thing.

Ok
Recruit: [4] You and your aids recruit more to your following. Those stupid inquisitors don't even realize you're out and about! Well, working at any rate... (+100 cultists)
Secure Orb: ((No promises)) [2] Despite their efforts, they can't get the door to the fortress open. Dammit, where did the keys go?
Hiring: [5] they get some super pro journalists who make amazing articles about the carp plague that has contaminated the water supply in California with fish poop. (Carp's PR is now bad, gained professional journalist hirelings)

TROG: 75 anarchist cultists, 75 lightly armed anarchist cultists, 30 inquisitors, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood

TROG: Telepathically Recruit some Like-Minded Individuals to be Cultists! That is, Rage Prone Psychopaths.
50 anarchist Cultists: SUMMON TROG!
25 anarchist Cultists: Try and Boost TROG'S Reputation Using the Stone-Age Version of the Internet, Rockernet!
75 lightly armed anarchist Cultists: Train to be as Strong as The Ancestors!

Recruit: [3] You manage to bring a couple more to your side, you're on your way to almost making up for those guys that just died (+25 cultists)
Summon: [1] Haha! They managed to summo- wait, this isn't you... (summoned GORT)
Spoiler: GORT (click to show/hide)
Reputation buffing: [1] Oh dear, turns out caveman speak isn't appreciated on this forum... (reputation now bad)
Train: [1] Training got a little too rough, it got called in before things got too bad so nobody learned anything (-25 lightly armed cultists)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 23, 2015, 03:08:25 pm »

TROG: Recruit more Anarchist Cultists!
Gort the Ancient: Guard The Summoners and Mummify anybody who attacks them!
Any Mummies that appear: Spread the Aging Curse on TROG'S Inquisitors!
50 Anarchist Cultists: SUMMON TROG!
25 Anarchist Cultists: Fix TROG'S Reputation, NOW!

"BAH, I'M VERY FRUSTRATED, BUT ME CAN'T REALLY BLAME ANTHAJU FOR ATTACKING MY CULT, AFTER ALL, WE'RE A BUNCH OF MADMEN DEDICATED TO DESTROYING CIVILIZATION AND I HAVE A PHYSIQUE OF 3. I WOULDN'T WANNA MESS WITH THAT, TO BE HONEST. BUT ME STILL SMASH ANTHAJU ONCE ME ESCAPE!"

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 23, 2015, 03:13:40 pm »

Wait, you control Gort?
I'm not best pleased.
thincake

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 23, 2015, 03:15:14 pm »

"HAHA! ME HAVE MUMMY HORDE SOON!!!"

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 23, 2015, 03:21:41 pm »

Wait, you control Gort?
I'm not best pleased.
Only if he leaves commands and is in proximity to give said commands, which you can imagine would have some ill effects on the cult...

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 23, 2015, 03:23:11 pm »

aslandus can you control DF carp as you would control gort lucius or paul and can i still command my follows even if it's not in DF carp best intrest but in carp's best intrest? like how people can still control their followers after they die?
oops weird glitches and i used up all my fish puns last time i did this.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:25:11 pm by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 23, 2015, 03:24:24 pm »

aslandus could you control DF carp as you would control gort lucius or paul he doesn't really follow what I want so I don't think i should control him and can i still command my follows even if it's not in DF carp best intrest but in carp's best intrest? like how people can still control their followers after they die?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 23, 2015, 03:26:52 pm »

"And I, dear TROG, will have the support of the US military.  Such crude tactics, but you are clearly nought but evil."
thincake

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 23, 2015, 03:49:23 pm »

Can you give a summary?
Has descended into madness

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 23, 2015, 03:50:57 pm »

Ahem.
Me: Attack the carp cult with lightning bolts!
100 cultists: Get that orb at my fortress door inside! (( I assume the orb is at the door, after all if it wasn't there then they wouldn't be trying to open the door.)) In the event the orb is not at the door, get the orb into my fortress.
80 cultists: Gather dragon's blood. Under no circumstances should you drink it.
50 cultists: Research banishment rituals that can be used to banish summoned horrors back to where they came from.
5 wealthy cultists: Fund the research of banishment rituals, you don't have to do the research yourself.
5 other wealthy cultists: Recruit some politicians to join my cult.
Journalist hires: Assault the carp thing some more on ihatecarp.com!
2 veterans: Make sure my cultists gathering dragon's blood don't drink it.

"Soon I shall be summoned!"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 23, 2015, 04:09:12 pm »

Can you give a summary?

I was in the middle of making it when you posted that comment.
aslandus could you control DF carp as you would control gort lucius or paul he doesn't really follow what I want so I don't think i should control him and can i still command my follows even if it's not in DF carp best intrest but in carp's best intrest? like how people can still control their followers after they die?
I mean, he's still you, so you could command him if you want as long as you follow his new agenda. I could control your horror himself though if you think it would be more thematically appropriate

End of Turn 6.
score:
Unescargot: 230 cultists, 5 high morale empowered wealthy cultists, 5 annoyed empowered wealthy cultists, 2 veterans, professional journalist hirelings, has a fortress with malevolent architecture, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, 10 inquisitors in high places, 60 inquisitors

Tavern wench: 65 cultists, 50 recognizable cultists, well known, mixed PR, 80 inquisitors, 110 lightly armed inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, inquisitors active

TROG: 100 anarchist cultists, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, bad PR, 30 inquisitors
-GORT(uninjured): nothing

Anthaju(uninjured): summoned, 175 cultists, 75 armed trained cultists, 75 assassin cultists (in jail), has a pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, access to Orb of Stalwart 1, has dragon blood, allies with Rabe via diplomatic power, has weighed Unescargot, can get poison easily, 5 slow strong mummy inquisitors

Koshu: 612 cultists, 80 empowered cultists, has a shoddy base with excellent defences, mixed PR, satellite launched, has a few spaceship components, 45 inquisitors

Rabe: 375 cultists, has sturdy base, metal recycler and shaper set up, KI website and company set up, posters put up, campaign for president started, has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff, access to Orb of Stalwart 1, 85 inquisitors

DF CARP: 220 cultists, 10 jester cultists, 25 armed cultists, 10 armored cultists, 10 depressed cultists, has a bunch of fish, has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of), has partially gathered dragon blood, bad PR, destroyed the focus stone, 35 inquisitors, inquisitors active, inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5

Rosabel: 145 cultists, 50 cultists with cancer, 100 slightly healthier cultists, good PR, access to Orbs of Stalwart 4, access to Orb of Storms 1, has dragon blood, has humanity's sympathy, 50 inquisitors

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 23, 2015, 04:25:47 pm »

Turn 7:
All cultists without cancer: recruit.
Cancer victims: Summon me, and I will cure you.
Use powers to make random people feel happy.
thincake

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 23, 2015, 04:46:04 pm »

I mean, he's still you, so you could command him if you want as long as you follow his new agenda. I could control your horror himself though if you think it would be more thematically appropriate
he doesn't follow anything I want but can i still control my cultist's as I asked?

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 23, 2015, 04:50:23 pm »

300 Cultists with help from TROG's inquisitors and other TROG haters: Buy tons of potassium nitrate, sulfur and charcoal (or acquire them in other ways...) then mix them up into gunpowder with metal scrap for shrapnel far away from anything important and far from any explosives already made then transport(practically everybody has a car these days.) the bags to orb of stalwart 1 (Or whichever I have access to.) and pile the gunpowder close.

50 Cultists with instruction from me: Follow the others with some landmines and dragons blood(If the idiots drank it all get some more from the egipt dude and tell him to get far away)bury the landmines (If you don't have landmines set up remote detonators or a fuse cord to detonate when he appears.) in the middle of the summoning circle and summon Trogdor The Primal (unless the others haven't brought the other explosives) then RUN(Or walk away casually wearing sunglasses as a mushroom cloud rises up and bits of TROG fall down...                                      photo OP!).

50 Cultists: Stand guard with guns for if TROG somehow survives.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:55:13 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 121