Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217125 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #660 on: April 29, 2015, 01:02:46 pm »

Just realized trog was the one who hadn't gone and I just hadn't rolled for his actions... Doesn't make much sense that AD still wants to use this as his turn, but whatever...
"YAY! ME ALIVE! TROG NO LIKE AFTERLIFE, TO MUCH FIRE AND EVIL MONSTERS. IT'S BETTER HERE. THANKS FOR THE CPR KOSHU, BUT YOU STILL TRIED TO KILL ME SO, SORRY! NO HARD FEELINGS, RIGHT?"

TROG: He Heals himself using his cockroach regenerative abilities!
Gort: Personally Mummify Koshu's Cult!
KONG: SMASH Koshu!
75 Mummies: Mummify The Inquisitor Filth!
75 Mummies: Guard TROG and Age anybody who comes near! Please keep in mind that TROG'S Species is Immortal.
New Mummies: Age The Nearest Smokestack Factory to dust to Fight Pollution and Cripple Industry!
25 Aging Anarchist Cultists: Recruit More Cultists! But this time, Try to recruit Naturalists and Wilderness Survivalists!
New Cultists: Recruit some More Naturalists and Survivalists!

Regenerate: [irrelevant] Your blood runs cold on the muddy ground. You try to heal but can't. Death is quieter than you had imagined.
Raid on Koshu: [2] Gort's too busy shoving his limbs back into place after being bombarded by a flying metal shell. Kong decides to take a nap instead.
Mummy attack: [2] They don't understand your instructions. Stupid mummies with their whole "brain removed at death" thing
Recruit: [irrelevant] All your nobody tries to find support and cannot seem to interact with people. Oh well.
CURSE: Flies
[4] Flies swarm your base. They annoy Kong and try to eat Gort and his minions. (Flies attacking GORT)

Inquisitors: do nothing because you're all dead

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 29, 2015, 01:16:39 pm »

((... by the way, the ancient Egyptians actually had beer, and possibly wine. Look it up. And another thing: have you considered running an Evil Mastermind sort of thing with this system?))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:20:00 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 29, 2015, 01:29:11 pm »

((have you considered running an Evil Mastermind sort of thing with this system?))
I haven't, but feel free to do so yourself. It sounds interesting, if you do it I might even participate as a player.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 29, 2015, 02:49:50 pm »

Humanity
Attack TROG's stuff:
[3] GORT gets gunned down, sand is pouring out of his body and he's rapidly weakening (GORT mortally wounded)

Attack CARP's minion: (since you haven't been summoned)
[1] They accidentally feed GOEAR even more people (GOEAR gain 75 mass, +1 physique)

Remove ihatecarp.com for association with Unescargot
[2] They decide against it since they hate carp even more than they hate Unescargot.

End of Turn 11.
score:
Unescargot (uninjured): summoned, getting old
-cultists: 100 cultists, 70 cultists (guarding ) 5 high morale empowered wealthy cultists, 5 annoyed empowered wealthy cultists, 8 cultists in high places, 3 veterans (guarding), professional journalist hirelings
-Items: access to Orb of Stalwart 2, book with power swap ritual
-Inquisitors: 10 inquisitors in high places, 210 inquisitors, 5 wealthy inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings, inquisitors active
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows "banishing" ritual, hated by humanity
--Puff Puff: nothing (and will probably never have anything)

Tavern wench:
-cultists: 110 cultists
-Inquisitors: 60 inquisitors, 80 well trained inquisitors, 50 lightly armed inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places
-Other: well known, very good PR, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made
-Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population

TROG (DEAD): summoned
-cultists:
-Problems: afflicted with 10 plagues of egypt (7), despised by humanity, lice infestation
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(mortally wounded): 75 mummies, being attacked by flies
--KONG(lightly wounded): nothing

Anthaju(uninjured): summoned
-cultists: 50 cultists, 50 assassin cultists, 5 weak mummies
-Items: has a damaged pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has dragon blood, has money, prepared "banishment" ritual
-Inquisitors: 60 inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows "banishing" ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion

Koshu:
-Cultists: hallucinating like crazy from pink dust, 202 cultists, 200 cultists heavily armed, 80 empowered cultists
-Items: has a tool shed base with excellent defences, has a few spaceship components,
-Inquisitors: 250 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: mixed PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, partially researched sacrificial summoning ritual

Rabe (uninjured): summoned
-Cultists: 895 cultists, 50 lightly armed cultists, 40 recognizable cultists, 10 cultists in high places
-Items: has lightly damaged sturdy base filled with sudoku problems, heavily damaged metal recycler and shaper set up, has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones), access to Orb of Stalwart 2
-Inquisitors: 45 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: KI website and company set up, posters put up, campaign for president started,  destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction

DF CARP: completely insane
-Cultists:
-Items: has a bunch of fish, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, detested by humanity
--GOEARERKSFLES (mortally wounded): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2

Rosabel:
Cultists: 123 cultists, 15 lightly wounded cultists, 50 cultists with cancer, 100 slightly healthier cultists
Items: access to Orb of Stalwart 2
Inquisitors: 102 heavily armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1
Other: good PR, has humanity's sympathy, buried the dead

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible, Orb of Stalwart 2 booby trapped

((I've probably misplaced about 100 cultists somewhere, but I hope I got everything important right...))

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 29, 2015, 03:00:12 pm »

((is there any way to deactivate inquisitors?))
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 29, 2015, 03:27:18 pm »

((is there any way to deactivate inquisitors?))
((Killing them/getting rid of them all (like carp did) or losing so much that they run out of things to do (like Tavern Wench did) are the main ways, but deactivating them and still having them around doesn't do much considering that anyone can just reactivate them))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 29, 2015, 04:17:10 pm »

Journalist hirelings: write awesome articles about how I plan to fix the drought in California and Texas!
Me: Bombard Koshu's cult with lightning.
Puff Puff: Fill Rabe's cult with magic powders!
8 politician cultists: Fix my PR!
5 wealthy cultists: Hire good engineers, archetects, and construction workers to build a new fortress, still deadly!
other 5 wealthy cultists: Hire legendary scholars to follow up on the power swap ritual!
70 cultists: Recruit generics for my cult!
50 cultists: There's nothing to guard really... be trained!
3 veterans: Train the 50 cultists in combat!
50 cultists: Help build my fortress!
Anyone I may have forgotten: Recruit more generics for my cult!

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 29, 2015, 08:15:50 pm »

End of Turn 10.
This is supposed to say turn 11, right?

Turn 12 actions:
Koshu: telepathicly compel Puff-Puff to spread dust throughout Unescargot's base.
cultists: wash away the dust. If that does not take too long, recruit.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 29, 2015, 08:21:07 pm »

End of Turn 10.
This is supposed to say turn 11, right?

Yeah, I keep missing that  this game...

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 30, 2015, 09:34:46 am »

ME USE MY TOTALLY EXISTANT ELDRITH POWERS TO ELIMNATE THE TROGDOR THREAT TO MY BANANANBNNSNanSNANNASNsNSNSNAsnsnNSAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goers: use your relatively stable mental state to console DF carp that trog won't steal your BANANASNNNANSNnSBNBSNanasdbABSNAbsnasbnasnasnasnSNABsanbsnsnAnSNBSNBAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANyTHAInINg i HAvE THe SLIIIIghtEEstttt COnTRorRL OVOer: PPLEEEead TROG to TURN DF CarP bAck TO A SAne plAAin OOOOLd CArP

(( i don't care if trog is dead or not i've kind of lost track of that))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:40:01 am by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 30, 2015, 09:39:45 am »

((trogdor is dead))
thincake

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 30, 2015, 10:13:03 am »

i had a brain wave for a horror i'll post it now so i can reference it when the next game starts its just a really good eyedea (hehe)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:37:11 am by carp »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 30, 2015, 08:07:33 pm »

Yeah, I wouldn't actually let you use that in a game because the power to absorb other horrors and gain their power is OP (the only reason I made GOEAR able to gain power at all is because he does it by wrecking your armies, which are arguably much more useful than a giant, carnivorous mound of flesh).

Also you have no points in power or presence yet have a lot of abilities that would require them (in practice I would just say "you do a thing but it has no effect" because you don't have any stat points to support the action)

also, there's a big dissonance between what you say you are (hideous and detestable) and what your stats say (you could woo the world yourself if you wanted). In practice I would handwave this by saying something like "they see the inner you" or "you hypnotize them with your unwavering gaze" but it's still a thing to keep in mind (unless stat dissonance is exactly what you were going for). Feel free to mull over more horror ideas though, even if you don't use any of them it's fun to come up with them (I know, I've made several already as sub horrors).

Also, sorry about the delays guys, but it's the middle of finals and I'm a bit busy. I'll update this weekend with more horror-y "goodness".

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 01, 2015, 08:44:16 am »

he was going for stat dissonance
Has descended into madness

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 01, 2015, 02:42:45 pm »

Yeah, I wouldn't actually let you use that in a game because the power to absorb other horrors and gain their power is OP (the only reason I made GOEAR able to gain power at all is because he does it by wrecking your armies, which are arguably much more useful than a giant, carnivorous mound of flesh).

Also you have no points in power or presence yet have a lot of abilities that would require them (in practice I would just say "you do a thing but it has no effect" because you don't have any stat points to support the action)

also, there's a big dissonance between what you say you are (hideous and detestable) and what your stats say (you could woo the world yourself if you wanted). In practice I would handwave this by saying something like "they see the inner you" or "you hypnotize them with your unwavering gaze" but it's still a thing to keep in mind (unless stat dissonance is exactly what you were going for). Feel free to mull over more horror ideas though, even if you don't use any of them it's fun to come up with them (I know, I've made several already as sub horrors).

Also, sorry about the delays guys, but it's the middle of finals and I'm a bit busy. I'll update this weekend with more horror-y "goodness".

yeah i decided to make the detestable horrible repulsive thing i could imagine (which is why the powers were like that) and give it
a five in appeal and when it absorbs other horrors it only adds it's strength and power stats i should change it to strength or power.

p.s. do you think i wrote that well?

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 121