Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1190534 times)

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 187 Conflicted destinations
« Reply #6060 on: September 15, 2016, 07:20:18 pm »

Grab Easter, fly up with him, burning any wings he may have off
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: September 15, 2016, 08:27:44 pm »

Activate the chair. Make 2 essences.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 01:02:09 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: September 15, 2016, 09:08:14 pm »

"17 mage souls, ready for consumption.

No? I figured that would be too much to ask.

I wish for an endurance more capable of withstanding the blows of a mage."

Asking for more points in endurance, unless a request for a game-winning amount of soul shards would be fulfilled.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: September 15, 2016, 11:11:11 pm »

Survive anyway, because I have +2 to END.

To be unintentionally killed by a friend, of all things... I had a really cool final(?) spell, too. Darn.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: September 16, 2016, 02:05:13 am »

First things first. To protect my body: Make a thick tree bark grow over body and staff. +1 CMP and +3 POT.

I would hate calling in the favour from gods for different purpose than originally intented, but my life is in danger. A little tornado with me being in the eye of storm would be nice. Maybe strong winds would snuff out that fake phoenix. And I would love to see how one can punch a wind away.

((I can get that much of help from the promised favour, right?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: September 16, 2016, 03:04:49 am »

17 mage souls, ready for consumption.
((I get the feeling that this would just summon every living mage to the chamber for an anarchic deathmatch.))

Ilium rose from his meditation spot in a corner of the courtyard, studying the faces of the newcomers as he moved to greet them. He recognised the blade summoner at the head of the company, but the other two were unfamiliar to him.

"Greetings, fellow mages. To those of you who do not yet know me, I introduce myself as Ilium Skydepth. What news do you bring of the outside world?"
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: September 16, 2016, 03:35:48 am »

Ilium rose from his meditation spot in a corner of the courtyard, studying the faces of the newcomers as he moved to greet them. He recognised the blade summoner at the head of the company, but the other two were unfamiliar to him.

"Greetings, fellow mages. To those of you who do not yet know me, I introduce myself as Ilium Skydepth. What news do you bring of the outside world?"
Hi, I'm Chorkinaan, you can also call me Cornucopia or Corny, this is Surg, and I assume you already know Skelliborn. Myself and brokenlegs here are new recruits of TOAM, myself and a hefty bunch of other magi recently did battle with a fully grown beholder which had empowered itself a fair bit and became extremely dangerous, only one of the magi died, I believe his name was Dest Eterna if I'm linking the right face to the right name, those who survived pilfered a chunk of eternity about- Chorkinaan produced his chunk of eternity from his pockets. -yea big, while that was going on some loony (by which I OBVIOUSLY mean mage) painted a big hole on the door, and now me and Skelliborn just finished helping Surg limp all the way back here from moderately far northeast of here, oh and also the magical throwdown of the century is currently going on not far from this place. Pretty sure one of those wizards polymorphed himself into a pheonix!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: September 16, 2016, 04:16:46 am »

"Huh, maybe I should get out more."

Ilium peers at the tower entrance before darting a glance at Surg's crushed leg.
"Well, the gate seems quite fine now. The Keeper must have fixed it already. As for your friend here, perhaps he should seek the aid of a professional healer. The Tower's aura is excellent at fixing up flesh wounds but, from what I've seen, it has its limits.

Say, I don't suppose you've encountered any skeletons or masked individuals during your travels, have you?"
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: September 16, 2016, 05:24:35 am »

We encountered a Skeleton army while battling an enormous Beholder but the Beholder seld-destructed in the end and all of us needed to run to escape the blast.

I'm not sure if any Skeletons survived, But during the brief moment I looked back I saw that the chunk the Bigholder was in was completely demolished.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 05:31:22 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 186 Planar travel and Space exploration
« Reply #6069 on: September 16, 2016, 05:25:51 am »

((Sorry about the delay; I meant to post an action yesterday but was too busy to do so.))

In a desperate bid to preserve his hide, Xom retreats whilst trying to distort the blood curse with chaos magic and instructing the pyramid to fire at Kahel's exposed lungs. He also implores the Chaos god (already confirmed to exist) to contribute to this doomed battle in its own hilariously fatal FUN way.

((Will the curse be destroyed? Empowered? Changed? ONLY THE DICE WILL TELL!))

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: September 16, 2016, 06:15:22 am »

"A skeleton army? Ah, now this is interesting. Could you give me directions to the location of this encounter? It could be of great value to my research.

Oh, by the way, would any of you fine mages be interested in carrying out business with me? I've got a fresh stock of invisibility potion going for 2 shards a bottle, if you're interested. I currently lack sophisticated alchemical equipment, so the mix isn't too potent, but I guarantee at least a whole [turn]'s worth of invisibility per bottle, which should be enough to give you warriors the upper edge in future battles. I've also got a supply of medical grade spirit, and can take care of most purely mechanical locks if you've got anything secure you'd like to break into."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: September 16, 2016, 06:29:00 am »

Survive anyway, because I have +2 to END.

To be unintentionally killed by a friend, of all things... I had a really cool final(?) spell, too. Darn.

((Out of interest, what was it gonna be?))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: September 16, 2016, 07:49:27 am »

"Huh, maybe I should get out more."

Ilium peers at the tower entrance before darting a glance at Surg's crushed leg.
"Well, the gate seems quite fine now. The Keeper must have fixed it already. As for your friend here, perhaps he should seek the aid of a professional healer. The Tower's aura is excellent at fixing up flesh wounds but, from what I've seen, it has its limits.

Say, I don't suppose you've encountered any skeletons or masked individuals during your travels, have you?"

"I had a fight once with another mage. Don't want to tell who did i fight, though. Unless he speaks."
whole [turn]'s worth "
((It is around a minute, if i wasn't wrong.))

2 Essences for now.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: September 16, 2016, 11:49:51 am »

"A skeleton army? Ah, now this is interesting. Could you give me directions to the location of this encounter? It could be of great value to my research.

Oh, by the way, would any of you fine mages be interested in carrying out business with me? I've got a fresh stock of invisibility potion going for 2 shards a bottle, if you're interested. I currently lack sophisticated alchemical equipment, so the mix isn't too potent, but I guarantee at least a whole [turn]'s worth of invisibility per bottle, which should be enough to give you warriors the upper edge in future battles. I've also got a supply of medical grade spirit, and can take care of most purely mechanical locks if you've got anything secure you'd like to break into."

We fought the Bigholder in the north, in the center of an Eldritch area.

As for trading at present I have no shards but perhaps in the future I may have the funds to buy some of your stock.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: September 16, 2016, 02:12:45 pm »

Two shards a bottle? I'll take eight! ...Or I would, but I only have three shards. I'll take one, please. And yeah, the skeletons were coming out of these odd crystal towers in the eldritch valley north of here.

Chorkinaan trades with Ilium Skydepth and then casts a spell to cap off one end of his magical tube, then creates two essences.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 506