Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Hellchains (Story/Community) - Chapter 3 - The Children of the Damned  (Read 13243 times)

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

Eh, added, but surely 103 ignored mandates is a clerical error?
Also, the destruction of an entire fortress? I'll assume you pulled one of those "do not touch" -levers.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 03:43:16 pm by nahkh »
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Well, I wanted to be sure, so first I poisoned all the water sources, then the food and the booze, incited a riot, released all the animals and then pulled every lever I could find. Also as to the mandates, lets just say the nobles were abnormally long lived, that's what finally drove me over the edge.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

Fine, fine. You'll be Urist the Insane.

As for the last spot, I'll just make him a carpenter/swordsdwarf and let whoever wants him take him. I want to embark before going to bed.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You dare call me insane? ME!? INSANE!?!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 03:59:41 pm by Demonic Spoon »

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

Yes. And it's amply demonstrated, too. I mean buttering the bottom of crisp bread? What lunacy!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like how it tastes okay!  :-[ ...so nice and butttery. And it makes the bread look like a windmill.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile

*Led Warleach's rat leather journal.*

Found some ink,strange enough it was on the bottom of the wagon that i got put on.Brand on hand hurts.Glad to be drinking booze again. Fighting that gaurd made me realize that I might die soon.So I think I might write down me lifes story, so atleast my soul can live on.

((if its ok with Nahkh i wanna post my backstory here,to keep people intrested if you need a break.Not now though when its all interesting and stuff.))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Led Waleach's rat leather journal.*

Hehehe, the little sucker left his journal lying around. *Dirty pictures follow*

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

Backstories are appreciated. It makes it easier to write the characters in. Any overly extraordinary exploits might get chalked down to boasting, though.

The days passed with only the rumbling of the wagon wheels to accompany them. Lokum spoke hardly a word during their trip, simply observing his comrades in fate. As crazy and violent they seemed, at least they wouldn't run from a fight. A few of them had Lokum a bit worried. Ignem kept talking to himself incoherently, while Urist was clearly hallucinating half of the time. From their histories Lokum knew that both of them could swing a weapon well enough, he just hoped they would swing them at the orcs rather than at whatever imaginary fantasms they saw. Or at me, for that matter, he considered. The others seemed to get to know each other a bit, which was good. They were going to have to work together if they wanted to survive.
It was night, during the second week into the journey, when the alarm was raised. Bomrek had escaped custody. Lokum observed the captain organize search parties. The dwarf seemed to know what he was doing, not that he would offer any advice. The remaining inmates spent the rest of the journey in chains.

It was evening when they reached the site, the sun painting the mountains red.
How fitting, thought Lokum. It's like the mountains know of the blood that will be spilled here.
The captain approached the prisoners. He had seemed unusually cheery the past couple of days.
"We're here. I hope you've had a pleasant trip", he sneered. "You'll find your equipment in that last wagon. You can keep the whole thing. I suggest you get to work before nightfall."
The prisoners' manacles were removed, and they began stretching themselves as the guards turned around. The captain turned on his horse and said:
"You know your borders. And in case you're thinking of escape, well, here's something for you to ponder", he said and tossed his saddlebag to the group. He then turned and rode off, his laughter echoing in the valley.
Led approached the bag carefully and opened it.
"Fark!" he exclaimed, and reached in the bag. Out came Bomrek's head.
"YE FARKIN BARSTUDS!" he bellowed, throwing the head after the guards. It fell short by a long way, but it raised some laughter from the guards.
Lokum made a quick inventory while Led was yelling and chasing the guards. They had barely enough provisions to survive until the winter, and they had been given no weapons apart from a single patterned axe.
Shit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After Led had calmed down, Lokum raised his voice: "Ok, listen up. I may be the official commander of this outpost, but out here that don't mean squat. I work the same as you, I fight the same as you. Right now our only chance to survive the winter is to work together. You with me on this?" There was a grumbling approval from the crowd. "Good. Now, we have a serious problem. The arseholes back at the mountainhomes didn't give us any equipment beyond this grubby axe. We'll need some metal to make weapons with. Any ideas?"
"Them mountains got plenty o obsidian, we can use tha' for swords. An obsidian means blackmetal, better'n steel", rumbled Skrymir, who'd already grabbed the pick.
"Good. I hear Led and Ignem know metalworking, don't you guys?" Some nods. "Now we need to get make some shelter. I doubt the orcs will find us for a few months, but these mountains have a nasty reputation. Let's get digging."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 05:54:13 pm by nahkh »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile

hey Urist the insane. You know im in the same wagon was you.
*picks up his axe.The axe has a menacing point on the top.*
*starts poking at urist  with it.*
*pokes urist's arm.*

"NEXT TIME IM CHOPING OFF YOUR RIGHT ARM."

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

Yeah, looks like he really is insane.

FFFF @ white space in pictures.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 05:17:00 pm by nahkh »

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

Skrymir and Lokum were making good headway digging into the mountain, while Led took the axe to meet some trees. As the following days wore on, the temperature in the valley kept rising.
"If this keeps up, the pond will dry up", remarked Nil.
"I know, but I can't help the temperature", Lokum responded. The water issue was pressing on his mind, an outpost can run on booze only so long. Someone was bound to get hurt sooner or later.
"And with the grass so dry, any fire imps or their sort could set this whole place ablaze", Nil continued.
"I'm aware of that too. And again, I can't help the temperature. Or water the lawn."

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile

i'll take the last dwarf

name:skal

crime: dropping a fort and 132 dwarves into a volcanno. butchering 59 cats and 101 kittens

bio: skal hated the lifestyles the nobles had in the old fort and decided that enough was enough so he decided to butcher the nobles cats and accidentally pulled the end the fort lever instead of the end the nobles with magma lever
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile

*Leds new black rat leather journal.*

*THIS IS THE PRIVITE PROPERTIE OF LED WARLEACH ANYBODY WHO OPENS IT WITHOUT MY EXPRESS PERMISSOIN IS GOING TO HAVE A PART OF HIS BODY REMOVED!!*

Well I decided to start writing down the story of my life. I was born to a family of blacksmiths. My dad was a legendary blacksmith who was sought out by great heros. I was always a good weaponsmith, beause I knew that the next blade might slay a great beast or somesuch. But even though my life was happy and carefree, it didnt stay that way.

My dad was working on a armor set when the kings messenger arrived. The king had ordered a adamtine blade to be forged,but the king did not send any adamtine wafers or anything.Long story short my dad was beaten to death in the village sqaure and my house was razed.

I swore a oath of vandetta against any type of king. I incited a riot,killed a good few of gaurds before I was captured and sent to Nilrazes.

I manage to escape by learning how to swim under water....
*continued on  another page*

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

McNameless has evolved into Skal!

I seem to notice a trend here: Everyone hates nobles for something or other.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12