Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: Lords of SPAM! Game is over! Ceodwell is victorious!  (Read 17132 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of SPAM! Game has begun!
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2018, 06:08:39 pm »

The attack against Lametanians in the west of their country almost proved a disaster if not for timely arrival of support from Felonsine troopers. An attack carried against Lametanians in Eval also ended in victory.

Quote from: Combat in CHU
Kiwi (TankKit) vs Lametania (Roboson):
3, 3 vs 4
Lametanian army destroyed!
Kiwi army moves from ANK to CHU
Quote from: Combat in WLM
Kiwi (TankKit) vs Lametania (Roboson):
6 vs 2
Lametanian army destroyed!
Kiwi army moves from EVA to WLM

Doomblade187's Turn

Spoiler: SCs and Armies (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2018, 06:17:53 pm »

NPR to WTR
VAL to HUP
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2018, 06:23:21 pm »

This time, with Parsians ready and prepared, the Waterless Plains were watered with blood of many, many Cydwyllian soldiers instead.

Quote from: Combat in WTR
Parsia (Doomblade187) vs Cydwyl (TricMagic):
5 vs 1
Cydwyllian army destroyed!
Parsian army moves from NPR to WTR

Kashyyk's Turn

SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2018, 06:27:27 pm »

Yikes. It appears attacking first has it's advantages, as you cannot support on defense. That's a rather unfortunate outcome.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 06:29:54 pm by Roboson »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2018, 06:30:43 pm »

Yikes. It appears attacking first has it's advantages, as you cannot support on defense. That's a rather unfortunate outcome.

I will be changing that for next game, a defense supporting that's it.
SigFlags!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2018, 06:36:21 pm »

Eh, so far it seems like it depends on if you're ready for war or not. I was ready, in case my deal failed, and you weren't. And I got lucky enough to win. Remember Dahnia's comeback, after all.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2018, 06:47:51 pm »

Eh, so far it seems like it depends on if you're ready for war or not. I was ready, in case my deal failed, and you weren't. And I got lucky enough to win. Remember Dahnia's comeback, after all.

Uhhhh no. Your army won because you can only support on offense. If it had been a simple dice roll, we each would have won one. Literally nothing I could do, since offense always has the advantage. As long as the attacker can get two armies against one border, they're going to have a much better chance. It was nothing to do with being ready, there's nothing you can do to prepare a defense. You won on an imbalanced system where the person who is earlier in turn order, gets the bonus. 

How could one possibly be more ready for war when the literal best you can do is have one guy there?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 06:49:23 pm by Roboson »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2018, 07:13:01 pm »

Actually, people later in the turn order do have an advantage. Let's say someone leaves their border, maybe due to a peace deal, and you attack them in fall. You then gain supply centers and they lose supply centers and armies because they can't react. Basically, they can react better. Of course, people earlier in the turn order do have the advantage you mentioned. And yes, I won because I was able to attack with two armies. Because I was prepared to attack you with those two armies. Your armies were all elsewhere at the start. Yes, the attacker has the advantage, they strike first and likely prepared by moving their armies into position beforehand. Yes, being forced on the defense is a disadvantage. I don't see where you thought I disagreed with you on most of that. You could be ready for war by attacking, which you weren't ready to do because you are actually in a shit position, squashed between me and Luathbas. Lamentia is squashed into a corner by two lords and has no real chance to exploit their advantage of being last in the turn order because of it. On top of that, it's next to a lord that goes at the start of the turn order. Basically, it's in a shitty position next to a lord with a good position and it's difficult for it to prepare properly against it's neighbours. They also have far less freedom because they're squashed. It would likely do better with a bump up in the turn order to make up for that.

Either way, let's see the whole game first before we start thinking about changes. I can imagine things changing when there are fewer players with more armies, and changed mid game will simply mess things up.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2018, 07:15:19 pm »

Sounds like we agree then. You go first, you win.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2018, 07:27:14 pm »

That's how it seems so far. Still a very fun game though. I especially like Dahnia's comeback so far. That was legendary and a perfect representation about just how much luck affects things, I like it.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2018, 03:08:32 am »

Dahnia
Both armies will somehow defend both home territories without actually moving.
Both armies Hold.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 05:46:05 am by Kashyyk »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2018, 05:34:00 am »

It's pretty much unlikely you're going to be able to defend those territories without moving Kashyyk. I'd be willing to protect your flank entirely if you'll let me have Tven and The Tven-Cydwyl region is the border under my control.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2018, 05:45:35 am »

Yeah. I didn't think I would. I'll be happy to go with that border, once you have armies in the region to secure it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2018, 05:52:53 am »

I have one army ready to move in right now, and I should have a second in short order.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2018, 05:53:19 am »

melkor's Turn

SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28