Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 543478 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1485 on: March 30, 2011, 12:48:56 am »

I just discovered that you can pick up the Joppa chests near the various people, carry em away from the people into a closed hut, and then open them, letting you get the chests from the three chatty folks without killing them.

What is the command to carry them?
g.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: March 30, 2011, 07:58:37 am »

Screw it I'm going to play it my way.
First I'll wish for defects, and then for mutations of equal worth, and then it doesn't matter whether multiple defects munchkism was intended or not

Also when did the skill requirments go down by 1 point?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 08:03:16 am by Rooster »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: March 30, 2011, 08:03:48 am »

Oh yeah, wish for a narcolepsy and a blinking tic. I did it once... I fell asleep in Joppa and woke up near deathlands :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: March 30, 2011, 09:33:26 am »

Screw it I'm going to play it my way.
First I'll wish for defects, and then for mutations of equal worth, and then it doesn't matter whether multiple defects munchkism was intended or not

Also when did the skill requirments go down by 1 point?

Last update, or the update previous. It was pretty hard to meet the highest requirements even with a True Man dumping all his points into a single stat, so he reduced them slightly.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1489 on: March 30, 2011, 01:47:04 pm »

Oh yeah, wish for a narcolepsy and a blinking tic. I did it once... I fell asleep in Joppa and woke up near deathlands :P.
It's like roleplaying an old person! You wake up with no idea where you are or where you've been.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: March 30, 2011, 02:36:18 pm »

It's like roleplaying an old person! You wake up with no idea where you are or where you've been.
And then horrible reality-warping abominations of flesh and steel try to kill you. That's what being old is like, right?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: March 30, 2011, 02:44:14 pm »

And then horrible reality-warping abominations of flesh and steel try to kill you. That's what being old is like, right?
Exactly.
All this darned new-fangled technology!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: March 30, 2011, 02:44:46 pm »

Hmmm. A combination of Drugs, Doctors, and strange medical contraptions one finds in hospitals. Yeah, I'd say that's about right.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: March 30, 2011, 02:50:00 pm »

Or the body modifications people get these days, including their piercings.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: March 30, 2011, 04:23:23 pm »

*1 new item
*Small updates to the quest A Canticle for Barathrum
*Many creatures and creature types now have elemental resistances and vulnerabilities
*Stacks of items will now correctly split when an effect is applied to the top object
*Beguiling will no-longer trigger it's cooldown if you select an empty square
*Flaming and Freezing hands will no-longer trigger adjacent zones to load when used near an edge
*The missile weapon target picker will now correctly take confusion into account
*Fixed an incorrect armor penetration message when NPCs are fighting one-another
*Resistances less than 100 may no-longer reduce damage to 0
*Lowered the render layer of a couple quest corpses to just below creatures
*Moved thawzone exceptions to the message log, so you don't have to click through them to continue
*Shouts and death messages should now only be correctly heard in the active zone
*Fixed a typo in the shamed text
*Fixed issue where waterskins with 0 drams sometimes displayed as "0 drams of fresh water"

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: March 30, 2011, 04:33:07 pm »

So would there be issues with saves since the quest got updated?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: March 30, 2011, 04:34:01 pm »

So would there be issues with saves since the quest got updated?

It's always best to assume updates will break saved games.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: March 30, 2011, 04:38:39 pm »

Welp, time to get a new character then. I'll miss my floating light globe, but eh, I managed to get far once, I can do it again. And this time I know that helmet exists, so I might be able to go back to 2 handed mauls.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: March 30, 2011, 04:43:51 pm »

BLARG DRILLBOTS DRILLING ME TO DEATH. I even had a freeze grenade...

So what exactly would be a good mutation set?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: March 30, 2011, 04:45:45 pm »

I love how often this game updates.

And I hate Evil Twin. Bastard was better at combat that I was. I even stunned him and he killed me with a crit when he came out of stun. Grrr.

Oh, well. New version, so I needed that character to die anyway.

Still working on the spreadsheet. It has a lot more data in it, now. So once I get it organized a bit I'll open it up for everyone to use.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 250