Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Assault Rifles  (Read 7643 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Assault Rifles
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 03:12:28 am »

Damn right.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 03:45:55 am »

M16 is more accurate in real life and AK47 is more of a small machine gun .

i hope the derail is dead .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 04:39:53 am »

AK's are the best assault rifles in existence. Kthx.
Hello Hunam

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 04:51:49 am »

yes , yes they are .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 01:01:44 am »

Damn right they are.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 06:02:20 am »

Damn ri-- Wait, no they're not! ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 06:05:52 am »

Depend how you define best. If you're a guerilla fighter, they're damn good: ammo are plentiful and the gun will survive through really though environment and low maintenance.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 09:22:12 am »

its not so accurate , but its very powerful .

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 11:02:15 am »

Ak-47 is what you will use for closer ranges, as it is packs a punch, but the M16 is better generally because of the accuracy, though an M4 would be favorable because of the firerate, and is much like the M16 in the other stats.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 03:56:32 pm »

Ak-47 is what you will use for closer ranges, as it is packs a punch, but the M16 is better generally because of the accuracy, though an M4 would be favorable because of the firerate, and is much like the M16 in the other stats.

M4 would also be preferable for weaker combattants due to its far lighter weight.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 05:36:44 pm »

M16 and AK-47 are equivalent in-game for mostly legacy reasons, since they were the original two automatic weapons and they had the same stats. The other distinctions in accuracy are based on weight and ease of use rather than shooting range accuracy -- I generally assume that all combat in LCS takes place at short enough range that if you point the gun at the other person and pull the trigger, you hit them. It's just a matter of how easy it is to point the gun in the right direction on reflex. With that metric, SMGs and the M4 Carbine get accuracy bonuses over the M16 and AK-47, while the heavier weapons do a bit more damage per hit.

Notably, it doesn't matter too much how much damage you're doing on the high end. Everyone has 100 blood (or hit points), so a weapon that averages more than that each attack is going to kill in one hit, regardless of how much extra damage you pile on. The only reason overkill damage doesn't always kill in one hit is because lethal damage is not permitted on arms and legs. You have to hit the head or torso to kill someone, or just do enough damage to get their health low enough that they can't fight or run, then let them bleed to death.

Where the high-end damage of the weapon may matter is when you're trying to punch through body armor. In that case, the armor penetration value of the weapon will be pretty major (since it lets the attack ignore part of the armor), and any extra damage you pile on will help to offset the damage reduction from what isn't ignored. Lightweight weapons without much overkill damage or armor penetration are susceptible to body shots that do zero damage against police body armor.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 12:46:26 am »

Is the M4 better then the M16? I think so because SEALs use M4's and they come after regular army raids fail.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 12:50:01 am »

Is the M4 better then the M16? I think so because SEALs use M4's and they come after regular army raids fail.

I think the extra accuracy is more valuable than the extra damage, so in my opinion the M4 is indeed better than the M16 in game.

Even so, the real reason for having SEALs use M4s is just that it's what they actually use in the field, and SEALs are the super elite last raid because Osama bin Laden was killed by a SEAL team, so... rule of cool.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 01:08:30 am »

Team 6, GO! So M4's are more accurate? I guess Ill use them then, most of my deaths are by not killing groups because people miss.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 05:42:08 pm »

Perhaps at L+ they could be LOVE LAZERZ that cause your members to defect.

I am thinking The Orgazmorator from the movie Orgazmo.  See what those conservative retirees in the park think of that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5