Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1286598 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6210 on: June 11, 2016, 04:39:48 am »

Shot down a massive flying carrier, declared my own city-state.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Plot thoughts (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: June 11, 2016, 10:26:05 am »

...holy shit
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6212 on: June 11, 2016, 12:40:10 pm »

>Mindgames
>Nef
>Turn 4
>Face, face, mind blast, mind blast, holy smite

Praise RNG.

Hearthstone.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6213 on: June 11, 2016, 12:44:35 pm »

I never thought a shrimpy little human being like me can terrify a creature so freaking large. I felt like one of the spiders in my house when they surprise anyone; though in this case, I was actually a lethal threat. I was actually chasing a colossus, which was also running away from me at full speed, around a level for much of the arena's area. With persistence finally paying off, I managed to ride it again, and pilot it back to a fighting area, and continue/finish the fight proper. It was fun/ny to watch.

Shadow of the Colossus
Spoiler: Picture reference (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: More about the fight (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:03:27 pm by Itnetlolor »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: June 11, 2016, 03:40:09 pm »

Was producing more faith than any of the American civs, AND more gold than the Europeans. I won pretty easily.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: June 12, 2016, 10:44:12 am »

Probably more stupidity on my opponent's part, but I was losing some pokemon triples.  My opponent had a darkrai, and while I usually can shut darkrai down faster than you can say 'Dark void', my opponent had brought the darkrai out later than I expected and in one of the off center slots, so my darkrai counters were either K.O'd or not in a position to taunt.

I was down to my rhyperior, Asleep and with low hp to be finished off the next turn, and my Zoroark disguised as a sceptile.  He had a Mega mewtwo Y, Darkrai, and Deoxys. 

He had already K.O.d my real sceptile, so it should have been really obvious that it was my zoroark.  Yet he kept attacking it with moves like psychic and psyshock.  Which zoroark is immune to thanks to it's dark type.   Allowing Zoroark to wipe the floor with all three.  Focus blasting and one shotting Darkrai, then night dazeing  Mewtwo and Deoxys into oblivion.

Pokemon AS, triple battle randoms
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: June 12, 2016, 12:58:26 pm »

I mean I've played a lot of Pokemon games and I've never heard of that ability, so... your opponent probably didn't know that was possible.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: June 12, 2016, 01:05:08 pm »

I mean I've played a lot of Pokemon games and I've never heard of that ability, so... your opponent probably didn't know that was possible.

Illusion is the signature ability of Zorua and Zoroark. It causes it to enter battle looking like the Pokemon at the bottom of your team list. Unlike Ditto's Transform or Impostor, moves and type are unchanged, taking a single hit breaks the effect revealing them for what they are - though immune effects don't break it(that should alert you anyway obviously). I'm not 100% sure, but I think the cry is also unchanged and that you can notice Zoroark for its cry.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: June 12, 2016, 02:29:28 pm »

I won my first game on Prince as France. Culture victory, obviously. Started off Paris in a place with a huge amount of food (flood plains) and some gold, but little production aside from the gold. I managed to nab the pantheon that gives you culture and faith from gold, and settled a new city on the coast to secure some more gold deposits. My neighbors were the Netherlands and Venice, which I was in good standing with the entire game. A bit further to the north were the Indonesians, who I also got along with perfectly well. So I just developed a huge amount of culture, waiting before researching some early techs so I could rush ahead and nab wonders. My workers quickly improved all the area around my cities, so I sent them off to build roads in other civs for shits and giggles.

Some other civ founded the World Congress, revealing the civs I didn't bother to go looking for to be Sweden, China, Portugal, Spain, Zulu and India. Despite putting in basically no effort towards the World Congress, I could make a proposal, so I suggested and managed to pass Arts Funding. I traded my gold with all of the other civs for money while continuing to be friendly to everybody. Didn't fight a single war the entire game. I just kept doing what I was doing, more or less constantly building wonders in Paris while my second city gave me some support and storage slots for great works.

Going into Freedom, I was outculturing everybody and somehow also outteching everybody. The only civ which I wasn't quickly gaining influence over was India, who appeared to also be going for a culture victory based on his culture bombs against me. Sadly, he was obnoxiously far away so culture bombs took about twenty turns. So I focused on increasing my cultural output in any way I could instead (theming bonuses, nabbing artifacts from areas which weren't *quite* in other nations' borders, more wonders). This eventually worked! First win on Prince! :D

E:
Also, Paris had 44 population at the end of the game, which seems slightly ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:52:53 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: June 12, 2016, 02:42:38 pm »

Is Prince the "normal" difficulty? No bonuses for the player or AI?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: June 12, 2016, 02:55:09 pm »

Yup. Was sort of scared to play it since the last time I did I lost in an incredibly frustrating way (just suddenly realising I was behind in everything and had essentially no chance). But things went well this time!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: June 12, 2016, 03:01:16 pm »

I do alright at that, I s'pose. I think you need a plan for what you want to do from the start, and need to know how to make some cashola while defending yourself. Don't think I've had a military victory yet, though I did have a fun time getting a diplomatic victory, and the one time I had a scientific victory I was racing against someone else trying to get a diplomatic victory. I beat them a few turns before the Congress met for the last time.

I tried King once. Only once...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: June 12, 2016, 03:18:13 pm »

Yeah, the game where I lost I really had no idea what I was going to be doing. I guess I should try another victory on Prince next time...

I also got a really lame Pangaea continent. In my previous game (on Warlord) I got an awesome continent with a big inner sea and lots of segmentation, but this was just a huge blob with some islands to the side.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: June 12, 2016, 03:52:49 pm »

Illusion is the signature ability of Zorua and Zoroark. It causes it to enter battle looking like the Pokemon at the bottom of your team list. Unlike Ditto's Transform or Impostor, moves and type are unchanged, taking a single hit breaks the effect revealing them for what they are - though immune effects don't break it(that should alert you anyway obviously). I'm not 100% sure, but I think the cry is also unchanged and that you can notice Zoroark for its cry.
Everything you said is true, except the not 100% sure part.  I can tell you from experience that the cry matches that of the pokemon it's disguised as. 

Another neat thing visual gender will also match the poke yer disguised as, though gender specific moves like that one that charms a poke of the opposite sex use the zoroark's actual gender instead of the disguise.   I would troll people with a "male Talonflame" using attract on other male pokemon.  Was funny.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: June 12, 2016, 04:51:17 pm »

Everything you said is true, except the not 100% sure part.  I can tell you from experience that the cry matches that of the pokemon it's disguised as. 

Another neat thing visual gender will also match the poke yer disguised as, though gender specific moves like that one that charms a poke of the opposite sex use the zoroark's actual gender instead of the disguise.   I would troll people with a "male Talonflame" using attract on other male pokemon.  Was funny.

What, not a flaming Moltres?
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 709