Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2  (Read 818165 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.05-r8
« Reply #3255 on: December 17, 2022, 02:36:45 pm »

Code: ("crabhistory.lua") [Select]
for k,v in pairs(df.global.world.history.events_death) do
if df.history_event_hist_figure_diedst:is_instance(v) and v.slayer_hf==-1 and v.death_cause~=0 then
v.slayer_hf=0
end
end

ok so wrote a script for folks who care about legendary beasts dying in legendary ways and not by a the site's population well... here's a silly quick fix that applies all non-historical figure kills to historical figure id 0 which usually be a megabeast.

so now you can have uhh some bronze colossus get sniped by a dragon while said bronze colossus was rampaging a local town,
a whole lot more deaths done by the first megabeast, them probably dying to themselves.

so for the changes to stick best run this script during world generation usually pausing world gen to run it works best, and to probably make most of the history be mapped to one histfig uhh probably end the world gen after running the script.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: December 19, 2022, 05:36:28 pm »

do all of the DFHack features need to be reworked for the Steam release or are some already working? I'm especially interested in autodump.

thanks to everyone working on this awesome tool!

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: December 19, 2022, 06:52:10 pm »

You can track which tools have been validated in the steam release here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hiDlo8M_bB_1jE-5HRs2RrrA_VZ4cRu9VXaTctX_nwk/edit?usp=drivesdk

Check the Tools sheet. We're validating them in "waves". Right now we're in wave 2.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: December 20, 2022, 07:09:23 pm »

You can track which tools have been validated in the steam release here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hiDlo8M_bB_1jE-5HRs2RrrA_VZ4cRu9VXaTctX_nwk/edit?usp=drivesdk

Check the Tools sheet. We're validating them in "waves". Right now we're in wave 2.

Yoinks, that's a lot of work to be done.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: December 22, 2022, 08:28:57 pm »

It's been a while i haven't used dfhack, so i downloaded the latest r8 version.
When i wanted to check the dfhack.init-example file i noticed there was none anymore, checked the ...\hack\examples\init\ and there's only a onMapLoad_dreamfort.init

So question : can i simply use an old (i think it was one of the last of the 44.x serie of DF) dfhack.int and move it to dfhack-config\init\  or have thing changed so much that chances are very high that things will just break (it seems to work but i don't know how much dfhack has changed since that) ?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 08:44:16 pm by Robsoie »

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: December 22, 2022, 09:38:18 pm »

Unless you have specific custom settings that you want to keep, you don't need your own dfhack.init file. The defaults are automatically handled for you now. You can still add/override settings in dfhack-config/init/dfhack.init if you wish, though.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: December 23, 2022, 08:37:27 am »

Ah ok thanks, i was worried nothing was enabled by default.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: December 24, 2022, 08:02:23 pm »

Is there some particular install instructions to install it in the Steam version, even if only to get the already validated tools? Tried to just override, but then DF refuses to work because of the SQL override.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: December 24, 2022, 08:19:49 pm »

There are builds at dfhack.org/builds as usual, but we're still very early in the process of reverse engineering the memory layout changes. I can vouch that DFHack itself can be loaded and you can use Lua to inspect data structures, but it's not ready for actually playing the game yet. Unless you're interested in the programming side of things, you're better off waiting until we have an official alpha release.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: December 25, 2022, 11:51:28 am »

I'm having trouble with upgrading my DFHack build environment to work with what's currently in DFHack, as things apparently have changed since I last did anything DFHack related (probably early this year).

I've started with https://docs.dfhack.org/en/stable/docs/dev/Compile.htm when things didn't work right away. The document's Compiling DFHack/Windows section indicates you have an option of using MSVC 2022 or MSVC 2019, but indications are that this isn't correct, as <DFHack>\build\win64\generate-MSVC-gui.bat first suspiciously creates a VC2022 directory, and then fails due to an inability of cmake to find generator "Visual Studio 17 2022". Installing VC2022 (in addition to the preexisting 2015, 2017, and 2019 versions, the last two of which were updated) didn't help in getting cmake find the required generator, nor did a forced reinstall of cmake (in case the identification of those "generators" were somehow  part of that package but failed to be identified as a version update).
It can also be noted that I wasn't able to select "C++ Windows XP Support for VS 2017 (v141) toos [Deprecated]" as it wasn't available in the list, but given that it was already install and I carefully refrained from selecting to purge the system of unsupported stuff it should still remain, but might cause problems for people starting from scratch.

My intended use is currently structure mapping.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: December 25, 2022, 12:09:47 pm »

I think 2022 is required on Windows now - that sounds familiar. DF definitely upgraded to a newer compiler than 2015, but I can't quite tell from our build image changes whether it was 2022.

Also, you're looking at the docs for the last stable release, which was for 0.47.05, so that will still say 2015 until we have a stable release for v50. You can find docs for the develop branch at https://docs.dfhack.org/en/latest/docs/dev/Compile.html or by selecting "latest" in the version selector at the bottom right. That page still isn't updated, but it will be updated sooner than the stable page.

(Glad to have your help!)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #3266 on: December 25, 2022, 07:11:42 pm »

I think 2022 is required on Windows now - that sounds familiar. DF definitely upgraded to a newer compiler than 2015, but I can't quite tell from our build image changes whether it was 2022.
We know for certain that it's at least 2019, and I believe Toady told us (possibly through a backchannel) that he was moving to 2022.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: December 26, 2022, 05:41:25 pm »

Installing VC2022 (in addition to the preexisting 2015, 2017, and 2019 versions, the last two of which were updated) didn't help in getting cmake find the required generator, nor did a forced reinstall of cmake (in case the identification of those "generators" were somehow  part of that package but failed to be identified as a version update).

I've always had to run the .bat files from the Developer Command Prompt (under Programs->Visual Studio 20XX->Visual Studio Tools) to have it be found properly.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: December 27, 2022, 03:29:09 am »

Thanks lethosor for pointing out both that I was barking up the wrong tree, but that barking would have ensued even if I'd found the right one.

Also thanks to Bumber for the suggestion, although it didn't work.
In the past I've used the fallback of the Powershell command prompt when .bat files started directly from the File Explorer failed to work, and I've tried that here as well. I believe I've found the tool Bumber refers to (rather different path on my system, but it seems to be the same tool, which can also be invoked from VS itself), but unfortunately that doesn't help cmake find the version it's looking for. It was worth trying, however.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #3269 on: December 27, 2022, 04:12:50 am »

Thanks lethosor for pointing out both that I was barking up the wrong tree, but that barking would have ensued even if I'd found the right one.

Also thanks to Bumber for the suggestion, although it didn't work.
In the past I've used the fallback of the Powershell command prompt when .bat files started directly from the File Explorer failed to work, and I've tried that here as well. I believe I've found the tool Bumber refers to (rather different path on my system, but it seems to be the same tool, which can also be invoked from VS itself), but unfortunately that doesn't help cmake find the version it's looking for. It was worth trying, however.
if you have more than one version of VS installed, cmake may not find the one you want (it picks one "at random"). You need to tell cmake which version you want it to use by setting the CMAKE_GENERATOR_INSTANCE variable. See https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/variable/CMAKE_GENERATOR_INSTANCE.html
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 243