Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: How evil are you?  (Read 6435 times)

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How evil are you?
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2011, 09:45:35 am »

On a similar note how detailed is the damage system to the brain i have cought several unicorns when they tried to kill a merchant and i had the idea to lobotomize them but try to keep them alive so they could be used as breeding stock for captive unicorns.

Unicorns can't be tamed. The best you can hope for is an incredibly rare instance of non-lethal nervous system damage combined with breakage or severage of two limbs (lower spine, left front leg, right front leg) which will render a quadruped completely immobile. It will still be able to attack unless it's unconscious; all living creatures can attack even if all extremities are severed (with a "push" attack). Unicorns are grazers, so if they are rendered immobile or unconscious they will starve to death.
Damn i knew about the taming not that immobile ones cant eat.

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How evil are you?
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2011, 10:11:15 am »

I haven't really noticed that the herd of wild unicorns leaves a trail of tiles without any grass on them, so I wouldn't count on the truth of the statement about wild unicorns starving to death. What happens if you put a wild unicorn into a subterranean room without grass and wall it in? This calls for science.

The unicorns on my map can be tamed (and trained) though, so maybe the results won't be completely reliable.

On topic: the most evil thing that I do is that I routinely atomsmash catloving dwarves. Yes, I sift through the preferences of newborn babies, give the catlovers a label (like "catloving scum") and assign them the burrow below the atomsmasher. As soon as they can walk, they're smashed.

There may be a conflict between this and my own preferences (points to avatar and signature), but maybe it's just the extermination of competitors for the love of the cats.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:18:24 am by Lytha »
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]