Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 97194 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 4 (7/13): Too Many Neutrals [1 Replacement Required!]
« Reply #450 on: February 20, 2012, 09:21:43 pm »

Hmmm.... I'm having Three Stooges flashbacks for some reason.

Toaster's Curly, you're Larry, I'm Moe, and Think, Vector and Darvi need to be prodded/yelled at.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 20, 2012, 09:29:53 pm »

Yeah, I'm here.  I'm doing the running around working thing, though.

I'll post when I can.  I'm sorry--most of the other posts I've made here were me trying to think about something else whilst arguing with my mom on the phone (it was a 3.5-hour argument, cut me some slack).  I should have something by tonight.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 21, 2012, 03:11:52 am »

I'm here, just recovering from a Shakespeare essay from hell.

Action claim: I redirected Vector to Leafsnail on a whim N1 and redirected Zrk2 to Orangebottle N2. I was holding off the claim because I was waiting to see if Zrk2 would ever describe what happened without using the information that I redirected him, but that never happened. I redirected Zrk2 to Orangebottle because I'm still extremely bloody certain he's scum.

Darvi: ... It happened when Zrk2 removed an ability from him, and both Zrk2 and Shakerag claimed as such in the thread? Shakerag just lied about which ability got removed: he said his kingmaker ability got removed, but it was his immortality ability.

So lemme get this straight: we have three people who are all claiming an investigation of scum on someone else in the triangle?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 21, 2012, 03:46:50 am »

So lemme get this straight: we have three people who are all claiming an investigation of scum on someone else in the triangle?

Sort of. Brief recap: I blocked Toaster N1, and investigated Urist Imiknorris N3 and got scum. Urist Imiknorris claims to have performed the kill on Powder Miner N1 (who didn't flip), which was the only kill on N1. So either he is scum and that was the mafiakill, or he is not scum and there was no mafiakill the night I blocked Toaster (making him the most likely scum). Toaster claims a scum inspection on me, but he either lies or was redirected, because I'm not scum. Urist claims Toaster is scum because he lied on his N2 action and other reasons (though I'm a bit fuzzy on the details).

So, my view is that it's certain that at least one of Toaster and Urist Imiknorris is scum, and I'm suspicious (but admit is speculative) that it's actually both, and their stepping over each other to claim as soon as D4 started and Toaster incriminating me is because they somehow detected my inspection, agreed over scumchat for the other to claim scum on me preemptively, and then attack each other for distance.

...that's the simple version.  8-/
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 21, 2012, 08:07:28 am »

You're missing something in your claim, Think.

Book:
Urist claims Toaster is scum because he lied on his N2 action and other reasons (though I'm a bit fuzzy on the details).
There are no other reasons. If there wasn't a chance it's LyLo I'd lynch myself to prove he's lying.

Vector, stop promising content and start delivering content.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 21, 2012, 08:28:30 am »

EBWOP: Certainty of LyLo, actually.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 21, 2012, 09:38:53 am »

Unvote: After a reread, I'm willing to accept that Imiknorris may indeed have a redirect, and thus my scum result does not necessarily reflect on him.

...which means that, if he's not scum, and he did the N1 kill, then the scum didn't kill the night I blocked Toaster, which means... (wait for it) ...Toaster is the scum!

But yes, Vector has been guilty of: a) Toaster's #1 scumtell (promising and not delivering); Toaster, what's your opinion on this?; b) actually proposed the idea that there was no scum team; c) Claiming "town" unprompted and unchallenged (no one asked her alignment, merely her role, but once people were being accused of being scum, she jumped with "I'm town!").

In short, I'm still suspicious of Imiknorris, because I had an investigation result of scum on him. I'm more suspicious of Vector because of the reasons above. I'm most suspicious of Toaster because I blocked him on N1, and (unless Imiknorris is scum) the mafia didn't kill N1.

I will support a lynch of any of these three, in increasing order of preference.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 21, 2012, 09:47:25 am »

I'm currently knee-deep in the guts of rereading.  Sorry, I've ... really run out of a lot of time for this game.

The no scum team proposal was a stupid mistake--total brainfart.  I was posting while really tired, is all I can say.  As for the alignment claim, when we're doing full-claims, that'd be one of the things one puts in there.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 21, 2012, 10:11:55 am »

Your agility in responding when someone calls you scummy is not so much an excuse as an additional scumtell, isn't it? Or what is Org's #1 scumtell? Yeah: reply fast with "not so!"

Org and Toaster, match made in heaven, means we lynch Vector today. (Or Toaster, that's fine with me too).

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 1 (13/13): Look! In The Sky! It's Not Flavor Text.
« Reply #459 on: February 21, 2012, 10:20:08 am »

Org's #1 scumtell is that when someone accuses him of being scum, he doesn't say anything.  He quakes.

I got up this morning to do a reread.  Hence, I can far more easily respond to any accusations with agility.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 21, 2012, 10:22:58 am »

Then why are you arguing and not rereading?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 21, 2012, 10:28:21 am »

Then why are you arguing and not rereading?

I am rereading, but when I pulled a quote for an argument it said something new was posted, and I was curious about what it was.  Rereading provides a context for the end of the game, so if there's more of the end to put in context, you'd better find out what it is.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 1 (13/13): Look! In The Sky! It's Not Flavor Text.
« Reply #462 on: February 21, 2012, 10:33:57 am »

Org's #1 scumtell is that when someone accuses him of being scum, he doesn't say anything.
Negative. You can't get away from it by redefining it. Org's scumtell is an immediate reply with a negative when called as scummy[1]. Regardless of Org, or history, it's a reliable scumtell: when a scum is reading, and you call him/her scum, their first instinct is to reply and say "not so!"

You betray your anxiety by happening to be up before seven, seeing a comment calling you scummy, and immediately succumbing to the anxious temptation to say "not so." It's the speed that betrays your guilty fear. You are scum.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 21, 2012, 10:44:09 am »

... Oh my god.

Yes, I went back and checked in BMI, and you're right, the Org theory of Scummitude is that he says "nope" instead of "wut" when he's accused of being scum, which slowly evolved into an understanding of overreactiveness for a given player in general.  I'm confusing it with my own Theory of Trolling--that is, when you accuse someone of trolling, and they don't respond to the accusation, they're probably trolling.  Same thing for people who are accused of being scum.

Here's the problem with your argumentation: there's no negative to it; it's non-falsifiable.  If I hadn't responded, I would have been ignoring you (scummy).  Responding too quickly is also scummy in your book.  I responded when I saw it, which is when I try to respond to most posts.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 21, 2012, 10:54:32 am »

...which slowly evolved into an understanding of overreactiveness for a given player in general.
That's what I'm talking about. It's not about Org, or wut or when, it's fast, which is how I've seen you apply it in several games (with good result), and how I've myself applied it as well.

When someone overreacts to being called scummy (in speed terms, in this case), it's a pretty reliable scumtell. If you're town, you take your time to think how to refute them; if you're scum, your instinct is to immediately disprove it. It's the speed that betrays you.

But that's not all of it. You also promised to deliver and failed to come though, many times. You lurked or activelurked through the game. You proposed the idea that there was no scum team (brainfart? or scumfart?). You failed to notice (accidentally?) that Native had a Mafiakill. I'm sure there are more between D1 and D3, but I'm not going to fish for them now... this is enough to lynch you, I think.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34