Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 316239 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2014, 09:35:59 am »

"OH GOD DAMMIT!"
*sigh*
"That is... not a good start, is it strange man standing near to me?"

"Yo, Strangeman! This magic thing... awkward. Mind if I use any magic... leftovers, of yours to fashion some gear? I'm going to be a little... bored otherwise. I could make you a, thing, or something too if you'd like!

In exchange for not killing me I could suggest what word to avoid, not like I have the magic in me at the moment to suffer from saying it AGAIN!"

As there is no combat situation with you, I will let you use an entire turn to get rid of the status effect by rolling endurance. You can still spend several turns making armor, though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2014, 10:14:46 am »

Bigfoot is taking this well.

Word!
Also smack Flimsy in a waking-up kind of way.

Let it be noted that I am not the Gold Knight, so TCM's action is kinda meaningless.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:35:17 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2014, 10:18:01 am »

I might roll on a later turn, make armor at the moment. I'll see if I can sweat this out (without dying that is). If I miss a turn for some reason, just have me do the roll thing for endurance. I rolled a one, it can't get much worse... right?
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2014, 10:22:23 am »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2014, 10:44:46 am »

Zentol smiles childishly, then runs his index finger along the edge of the shield.  He ignores the blood.  He begins muttering as he watches the blood flow down the shield.

"Haaathiiic....  Ushaal Conshalo Gonteialel, Chall-thel Contallthelthel... Chall-thel Bethconthel Donth Concoteael Halthel, Ushaal Dorbaedal Concoteael Halthel!"

With that, Zentol resumes wearing his manic grin, and runs off to murder people!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2014, 10:57:41 am »

"OH GOD DAMMIT!"
*sigh*
"That is... not a good start, is it strange man standing near to me?"

Id say not.

"Yo, Strangeman! This magic thing... awkward. Mind if I use any magic... leftovers, of yours to fashion some gear? I'm going to be a little... bored otherwise. I could make you a, thing, or something too if you'd like!

In exchange for not killing me I could suggest what word to avoid, not like I have the magic in me at the moment to suffer from saying it AGAIN!"

ill take a neckguard or punchknife if you can fashion one, and id like knowing that word.

more words, preferably aimed at hostile trespassers.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2014, 11:27:37 am »

GODDAMMIT GWG, YOU GOT ME TRAPPED IN TVTROPES. AGAIN!

Noteworthy is where I ended up:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NonStandardGameOver
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DwarfFortress/Deathgate
Seems appropriate.

ill take a neckguard or punchknife if you can fashion one, and id like knowing that word.

Editing in: One neckguard and/or small stabby thing. PMing "The Patently Bad Word".
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2014, 11:34:03 am »

Do not post TVtropes here, for I will be lost forever! Nah, just kidding, I'm already inmune. But I think that I will eventually ask for a troper to post the link for a specific trope here, but it will happen later in the game.

GODDAMMIT GWG, YOU GOT ME TRAPPED IN TVTROPES. AGAIN!

Noteworthy is where I ended up:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NonStandardGameOver
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DwarfFortress/Deathgate
Seems appropriate.

Editing in: One neckguard and/or small stabby thing. PMing "The Patently Bad Word".
Which one first? The neckguard or the pseudo-knife?
EDIT: your other posts seem to be going with the stabby thing, so that's the first in the build order.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2014, 01:18:27 pm »

Well, it seems the Perplexicon dice curse from the tests is still with me.

Wake up.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2014, 01:24:13 pm »

I have to say that the RNG seems to hate magic so far.

Also, we are already 5/8 6/8 (Derm should post in the thread, or I will be likely skip him for not being able to quote him, I count players by their posts, not by their PMs), but I need TCM's action to make the turn, it may be important.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2014, 01:25:14 pm »

DO THINGS YEAH
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2014, 06:19:30 pm »

Run after the Gold Knight. Tackle him and punch him in the kidneys and cerebellum.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2014, 06:35:25 pm »

Now I can start working on a turn.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2014, 06:42:24 pm »

Point my finger at TCM, and say WORDS, then run into the portal room.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2014, 08:20:21 pm »

Turn 002

Zentol smiles childishly, then runs his index finger along the edge of the shield.  He ignores

the blood.  He begins muttering as he watches the blood flow down the shield.

"Haaathiiic....  Ushaal Conshalo Gonteialel, Chall-thel Contallthelthel... Chall-thel Bethconthel Donth Concoteael Halthel, Ushaal Dorbaedal Concoteael Halthel!"

With that, Zentol resumes wearing his manic grin, and runs off to murder people!

-snip- Because this would likely be longer than the entire turn.

[Pariah spd:6]
[Zentol spd:4-1=3]
[Bigf01t spd:5-1=4]

Pariah immediately decides to begin doing some investigations on these magic words.

[Pot:5+1=6]

A golden line appears and begins making a drawing out of itself. You can see a big animal there. It looks like a big hamster, wait, aren't those things called capybaras? While he was thinking so, the line faded away.

Bigf01t, meanwhile, realizes that there are probably a bunch of psychopaths wanting to sever his head right now, and he has been deprived from his most precious resource: magic!

But luckily this fellow nearby is not one, maybe he could give him something as a peace gift, right?

[Dex:2]

He looks for something sharp between all the dull pieces of chitin, but all seem too big to be used as a knife and will probably need to be broken into smaller pieces.

Meanwhile, Zentol arrives, looks at Pariah, and tilts his head. Yep, Bigf01t's fears weren't wrong after all.

Pariah instantly reacts and begins to shout words at him, hoping for something to happen.

[Pariah pot:3+1=4]

Nothing happens, Zentol stays there looking at Pariah, then tilts his head to the other side.

[Pariah pot:1+1=2]

A drop of ink forms in front of Pariah's face, then falls to the ground. It evaporates, leaving a black mark there.

Zentol's grin widens. It's his time to act.

[Zentol Dex:3+2=5]
[Pariah Dex:1]

[Zentol str:6+1]

Pariah just didn't see it coming. It must have been like a nightmare. Zentol almost disappeared from sight and appeared behind Pariah. His victim felt the cold touch of Zentol's hand pulling his head backwards, only managing to twist his neck enough to see an evil grin before the crystal shield made a wide and jagged cut across his throat. Blood begun to pour through Pariah's internal conduits and he begun to suffocate, his lungs not being able to provide more oxygen to his body, as they were are getting progressively filled with blood.

[Choking on his own blood]

Word!
Also smack Flimsy in a waking-up kind of way.

Let it be noted that I am not the Gold Knight, so TCM's action is kinda meaningless. His

intention was clear, you are Greawyrm GOLD

Well, it seems the Perplexicon dice curse from the tests is still with me.

Wake up.

DO THINGS YEAH

Run after the Gold Knight. Tackle him and punch him in the kidneys and cerebellum.

Point my finger at TCM, and say WORDS, then run into the portal room.

[Mako spd:3]
[Derm spd:1]
[DK spd:4]
[Cromwell spd:4+1=5]

Cromwell, which had seen the wild beating that weakling had just suffered, decided that Mako deserved to be punished. Wow, thinking like that made him feel important. Anyway, let's do magic.

[Cromwell pot:3+1=4]

You point at Mako and then a head made of pure chitin appears in front of you and then flies to your right. That is the weirdest thing you have seen in all your life, but you have the feeling that it may get worse.

Mako doesn't even notice this and runs to the Portal room, ready to finish his job.

There, something interesting was happening:
While slapping the unconscious wizard to make him react, the Dragon Knight thought that it would be better to test some of this magic thing.

[DK pot:3-1=2]

A golden line appears and begins to twist, then fades away.

Well, not so interesting, actually.

Mako, who had arrived to this place by this time, decides to execute a poorly planned vengeance attempt for stealing his victim. He tries to tackle The Dragon Knight!

[Mako Dex:1+1=2]
[DK Dex:4]

This ended up in a somewhat embarrassing situation for Mako. He just jumped for The Dragon Knight's legs and only found the floor, The Dragon Knight easily stepping at a side of it.

[On ground]

Derm, meanwhile, who had been staring at the light of the portal for too long decided to actually do something. That Mako guy was here, he had to throw some random magic at him!

[Derm Pot:3]

A spark of light appears in front of you. More pretty lights!

[Derm Pot:4]

You feel a random set of thoughts go through your head.

A golden line appears and rearranges itself to show a book, then fades away.

[Derm Pot:6]

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Well, that was a bunch of useless magic right there.

The Flimsy Wizard wakes up, his head covered in blood and with a terrible headache, that makes difficult for him to actually concentrate.

[Heavy pain]

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unholy_Pariah. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

GM comments
Well, this was another long turn. And also we will have our first death.

Also, Pariah only had 1 pool, and I just noticed that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 197