Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 98947 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #420 on: February 23, 2015, 09:35:49 pm »

Kobolds would automatically be able to smelt and forge things from ore/metal, because the game adds those by default. I cant disable that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 24, 2015, 11:46:16 pm »

Is it possible to attach a syndrome to a solid material? 'Cause one way to keep kobold forts from using metal/gems too often would be to make them go crazy when they touch it. They're supposed to be obsessed with treasure anyway, just call it "greed" and warn players not to have too many "shinies" laying around to tempt the 'bolds. If it worked slowly then metals/gems would still be useful in places kobolds couldn't access- without making the game too easy by letting players arm their warbands with anything more valuable than copper- if that.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #422 on: February 25, 2015, 03:17:41 am »

No, it would have to boil away first.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zuzu Reish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 25, 2015, 06:33:33 pm »

What if the Kobolds could smelt and forge furniture and other items with metal through the vanilla buildings but they (and only they) would be unable to make metal armor and weapons? Or at least, metals beyond a certain point: the Kobolds could be imagined as a copper/bronze/iron age culture, which hasn't developed functioning blast furnace to make weapons-grade steel/iron/bronze/etc.

Or maybe they could be simply so damn weak that attempting to wield any weapon / armor - except for those made by adamantine - would be counter-productive. This could perhaps be commensurate with a diminished learning rate for Armor User.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 25, 2015, 08:42:15 pm »

What if the Kobolds could smelt and forge furniture and other items with metal through the vanilla buildings but they (and only they) would be unable to make metal armor and weapons? Or at least, metals beyond a certain point: the Kobolds could be imagined as a copper/bronze/iron age culture, which hasn't developed functioning blast furnace to make weapons-grade steel/iron/bronze/etc.

Kobolds would automatically be able to smelt and forge things from ore/metal, because the game adds those by default. I cant disable that.

I much prefer restricting their access to metal, stone and anvils, personally. Kobolds already have a fair disadvantage because of their size and lower strength. Adding onto that would be silly. Plus, with the ore processing thing, they already have ridiculously low yields from ore. One tweak that I think would be an excellent way to make smithing harder is removing the 3 coke from one log smelter reaction. The firepit would still have its 9 coke from 6 logs reaction, but fuel would be a much greater problem, especially since kobolds need lots of wood already.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:44:45 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #425 on: March 24, 2015, 11:46:47 am »

Ok, lets bring the relevant threads back to the first page... *bump

Kobolds in 40.x will be much harder to play, offering mostly animal materials do work with. I intend to make them aboveground only, no digging. At all. None.

The new multi-tile trees should make it easier to build wooden forts. Kobolds will be much harder to play, similar to the original Kobold Camp mod, mostly relying on animal materials, bones, leather, wood...

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 01, 2015, 12:00:36 am »

Ok, I need more information on how the hell the Mist Generator works. I stole the plans, and I tried to build over water/floor over water, and it does not seem to want to activate.

Does it require gnome magicry or something?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #427 on: April 01, 2015, 07:21:13 am »

It needs power, you need to connect it to gears/axles and a water or windwheel.

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 06, 2015, 09:24:30 pm »

How good kobolds are as hunters, with non-ranged, non poisoned weapon? Spears are still the most effective? And an prey killed with poison is good for eating?

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 08, 2015, 06:39:10 pm »

I cant seem to generate a world with Kobolds. I have them set as the only Fort Civ in the Civilizations tab in the launcher. There are tons of civilizations in the world too, but its just elves and humans as the options that I have :/

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 10, 2015, 01:30:41 am »

Um..So quiz time!

What do you do when your Kobold Camp reaches 220 population, and your river Fishing source dries up?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 10, 2015, 01:49:02 am »

I cant seem to generate a world with Kobolds. I have them set as the only Fort Civ in the Civilizations tab in the launcher. There are tons of civilizations in the world too, but its just elves and humans as the options that I have :/

I'm just brainstorming, but is it possible they maybe they don't appear in the civ list because of skulking?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 10, 2015, 10:47:46 am »

Um..So quiz time!

What do you do when your Kobold Camp reaches 220 population, and your river Fishing source dries up?
Start butchering jack rats like crazy?
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 10, 2015, 11:17:18 am »

Um..So quiz time!

Let natural selection take its course? Whoever gets meat first gets to live!

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 10, 2015, 03:30:52 pm »

Um..So quiz time!

Let natural selection take its course? Whoever gets meat first gets to live!

These aren't that promising options.....

Coulda sworn Bolds had a fishing pond....Did that get patched out? Is there ANY way to keep a fort running at over 200 bolds?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41