Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging  (Read 12702 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2024, 06:50:13 pm »

Lanith decides that she would be better at leading the way and walks in front of Lysia.
she/her

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2024, 11:23:10 pm »

George follows as well

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2024, 09:12:07 am »

I decide I would be better than either of them, walking in front of both of them, in addition to anyone else who tries to take the front spot.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2024, 08:47:37 am »

Van is happy to leave the most dangerous position to the nightmare and follows closely behind hoping that the nightmare knows where he is going.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2024, 04:31:49 pm »

Lysia is suprised by others who hadn't studied the map of the area wanting to lead the way, but doesn't comment on being pushed back - she did get injured in the fight after all. If they want to take point, that's fine, and so she relegates herself to just letting them know when they make wrong turns.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2024, 04:39:43 pm »

Neither sure exactly where to go myself nor totally clear on who does or doesn't know, Ethan quite happily follows anyone who isn't obviously leading us off a cliff.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2024, 04:41:42 pm »

There is an ancient tale about blind men leading one another to an elephant that they then argue about. Today, your adventuring party recreates this fable in real life as the party members who have no idea where they are going rush ahead to lead the party in the ever growing darkness of the night. With your guide, someone who is taking their first steps south of Mulligan with no knowledge of the local landmarks, watching from the rear.

This goes better than expected until your party reaches the Grass Forest, thanks to the pathway you followed. The Grass forest is much like a normal prairie, except the thin blades of yellow grass grow as tall as trees in a forest. This quickly growing plant reclaims any path created through it in a single day, at least during the warm season, making it rather difficult to navigate through for the average traveler.

Presumably, the party members at the lead do not rush through the frosted grass expecting the others to follow their shadowy figures in the dark. Right?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2024, 10:20:12 am »

How flammable is the grass?  We might want to consider burning it all down. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 06, 2024, 10:27:31 am »

Half the party are dogs and should have no problem tracking the other half through the grass, I think.
Also, George might be able to eat his way through.

... is George small enough to be picked up and ride shotgun? That might be useful for the future.

I think that, if we assign every non-Lykan a Lykan buddy to stick together with, we'll probably be able to avoid getting lost in most situations.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2024, 11:45:44 am »

How flammable is the grass?  We might want to consider burning it all down. 

It depends largely on environmental conditions, how much dead underbrush is around, how wet the grass is, and so on and so forth. In general it is more flammable than a non-grass forest, but a fire breaking out would act more like a fire in a thick forest than a grass fire.

Half the party are dogs and should have no problem tracking the other half through the grass, I think.
Also, George might be able to eat his way through.

... is George small enough to be picked up and ride shotgun? That might be useful for the future.

I think that, if we assign every non-Lykan a Lykan buddy to stick together with, we'll probably be able to avoid getting lost in most situations.

Rules wise you can take on anyone as a passenger, but they can't really do anything and you get a -4 penalty if you try to do anything. So as long as you arn't in combat anyone can ride without issue.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 06, 2024, 12:10:18 pm »

Cool.  I vote we burn it.  Burn it all. 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: Today at 02:05:39 am »

Lysia remains quiet, letting those who had chosen to push forward to the lead position assert themselves first.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: Today at 06:30:28 am »

"I feel burning it might be the wrong move. It will take a long time to burn and I have no doubt it'll spread beyond our control. The simple solution to staying together is to tie ropes to each other. If we don't have ropes we can cut down some of this very very tall grass and weave it into simple ropes. That won't solve the navigation problem though. It'll be easy to get lost in there. Does anyone have way to stop us getting off track?"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]