Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Untapping HFS?  (Read 33889 times)

spikesp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untapping HFS?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 04:36:32 am »

tryed cageing one or impossable ?
maybe you can make a buck  :P

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 04:38:10 am »

Caging one is possible, in theory, you just need a squad of legendary wrestlers and hope the demon in question can be exhausted.

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 06:27:07 am »

Atom-smash them with a drawbridge? Just need a way to build it without being slaughtered, then hope it doesn't get set on fire...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 06:32:27 am »

I thought they were bridge proof now.

That is to say, the bridge will not drop on them, nor will it raise when they are on it.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 06:34:54 am »

It's things like this that make me love this game, if only I had more time to play :(
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 06:37:13 am »

Yea, knowing that there are more demons willing to rip your dwarfs limb from limb then there are dwarfs in the entire world, right under your feet, gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 08:36:43 am »

Yea, knowing that there are more demons willing to rip your dwarfs limb from limb then there are dwarfs in the entire world, right under your feet, gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.

A single Demon species outnumbers every nonvermin species, combined.

iirc, Demon species are listed as being 'unnumbered', that is normally only applied to highly numerous vermin like ants.

Also, my maths was wrong. I did a quick check; the largest number of vermin creatures that is not listed as 'unnumbered' is Flies, which average around 28,000,000 pop.

That's right, 28 million.

That means that there are, at least, 28 million of each species of demon.

One single demon species outnumbers every single non vermin creature on the entire world.

Together, all the demons outnumber every nondemon creature, combined. Pocket worlds have 20 demon species, that means a pocket world has more than 560 million demons.

A Large world, with it's 52 species, has more than one and a half billion demons.

And remember; that number isn't even minimum. It has to be more than that due to the 'unnumbered' status.

Demons outnumber ants.

Grax, with his modded 1000 demon species, has over twenty-eight billion demons in the deeps.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 08:47:19 am »

Wow. If only we could end the game and let worldgen continue to do its job, I wonder what fun would happen on the world.
Civilizations ruled by demons, constantly waging war with demons, demons demons demons demons demons :D

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 08:52:22 am »

Everything would die; there would only be Demons.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 09:06:53 am »

Everything would die; there would only be Demons.
This would make for a perfect succesion game scenario!
The world is covered in demons. And I don't just mean just the usual demons. There are demons everywhere. Demons in the kobold cave. Demons in the forest retreat. Hell, there are demons shitting in your mountainhome's former dining room, former - because they razed it all. You and your six remaining dwarves are the last sentient creatures, that aren't demons nor are slaved by them. It is up to you to recreate the population, and bring glory to Armok once again.
Strike the Earth.

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 09:08:04 am »

Grax, with his modded 1000 demon species, has over twenty-eight billion demons in the deeps.

Urist McCyrilin cancels Soil Self: Too Insane.

TBot Alpha

• Bay Watcher
  • TBot Alpha has gone insane!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 09:12:35 am »

If only attributes hadn't been capped. We could've trained up dwarves to insane degrees and then just have them fighting demons for the rest of their lives. :D
Quote from: Mr. Mcguffin
After six dwarves died via suicide brigade tactics, the alliphant retreated a few steps, and then exploded.

Best. Game. Ever.

My miner fell in an underground sea of magma while wrestling a troglodyte in mid-air.

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 09:15:43 am »

If only attributes hadn't been capped. We could've trained up dwarves to insane degrees and then just have them fighting demons for the rest of their lives. :D
You can easily uncap attributes with modding now as far as I know.

Grumman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 09:51:00 am »

Oh, they'll be fighting demons for the rest of their lives alright. All three seconds of it. ;)

On a brighter note, I think the following is appropriate inspiration:

"We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy — the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember. We will hurt it so badly that it will never forget us until the stars burn out and the Emperor vanquishes it at the end of time. When Chaos is dying, its last thought will be of us. That is our memorial — carved into the heart of Chaos. We cannot lose, Grey Knights. We have already won."

I'm imagining tiers of siege weapons and crossbow emplacements around a central point manned by 160-odd dwarves, and a single lever to smash open a portal to hell.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:56:07 am by Grumman »

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 10:34:03 am »

So, you could remove the [NO_BREATHE] tag and flood the world. That'd kill them all off in one swoop.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12