Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 136725 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Sorry, Jetman. We're full. You can always check the first post to see if the game is full. I plan on doing more rounds, since I like controlling fate.

Hungry is being too slow, so he just tries to kick Elf B.
3. He kicks the elf but doesn't do any damage.

I whip elf E's Face off.
6+1=6. You whip the conservative whip of torture at the liberal elf with a sound-barrier-breaking crack.
Dodge roll!
3-1=2. The elf tries to evade but gets its face whipped off. Very heavy bleeding (survival roll -2).
The whip glows red and absorbs any blood that got on it. The elf's face lies on the ground in a pool of blood.

Hm. Me and my luck. Alright, I gnaw through the ropes.
1. You bite the ropes but end up getting your jaw caught in them. Several of your teeth are ripped out (light bleeding, -1 charisma).

I attempt to squeeze through the rope. Don't ask how.
1. You attempt to force yourself through the gaps in the rope by thrashing around madly but just end up breaking a rib.

I study the universe in an attempt to gain matter, or energy manipulation!
4. You gain weak matter manipulation.

I use the leaves to make a hidden shelter(only to hide the resl dwarf-like work), something just large enough to hide somebody making a hole/tunnel, and maybe a few extra people...
6. You build an excellent shelter that looks just like a bush (+1 hiding for anyone who's in it). It can fit four people.

finally, i got an acceptable roll! i attempt to grow into a longsword!
2. You hover an inch off the ground and fall back without anything happening.

Okay, now that I am only loosely tied, better make sure the elves do not notice I am awake. I silently try to climb the tree I was tied too.
2. You climb the tree for a second but fall out with a loud thump and land on your back, bruising it (moderate bruises, on the ground).

If I'm close enough, I grab Poltifar. If not, I just feign unconsciousness and inoffensiveness.
1. You walk over to Poltifar, but trip and fall onto him, cutting yourself in the stomach (moderate bleeding, on the ground).

I assume the smallest position I can squeeze myself into, hoping to slide out under the ropes.
3. You make yourself slightly smaller and attempt to slide out of the ropes, but you stay in them.

NPC Actions:
Elf A, angered at Cyx for trying to steal Poltifar, kicks at Cyx.
1. Elf A charges over Cyx and slams into a tree (moderate bruises on head and body).

Elf B looks for something to use as clothes.
2. He looks around but can't find anything.

Elf C pulls out his bow.
2. His bow gets stuck on a buckle on his clothes.

Elf E prays to the forest spirit to restore his face.
5. His face is restored, although he retains a small nosebleed.

All people on the ground have -1 dodge. I've healed a few light bruises, including Elf C's foot.
Hungry: Naked. Tied to a tree (-1 dodge). Holding elven clothes. Broken rib.
Sir Edmund: Naked. Wielding a conservative whip of torture (+1 to attacking liberals).
Wooty: Naked. Tied to a tree (-1 dodge). Broken rib.
Immortal: Naked. Holding a suit of bark armor (+1 to block against unarmed attacks). Has weak matter manipulation.
Qwertyuiopas: Naked. Slightly transparent, in the leaf shelter (+2 to hiding).
Poltifar: Is a small dagger. Stabbed into Cyx.
Akroma: Naked. On the ground. Bruised back.
Cyx: Naked. On the ground. Bruised head. Cut stomach (moderate bleeding).
Omath Erius: Naked. Tied to a tree (-1 dodge).
Elf A: Bruised head. Bruised chest.
Elf B: Naked.
Elf C: Carrying a wooden bow.
Elf E: Arms tangled in a rope (-1 arm use). Light bleeding.

For whoever decides to use Poltifar: cutting damage is more effective than unarmed damage, even without any dice bonuses.
Moderate bleeding turns into heavy bleeding if you don't take care of it. Light bleeding heals up if you don't get damaged, but it turns into medium bleeding easily if you do get damaged.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:50:21 pm by penguinofhonor »

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You didn't say what I rolled, but I'm assuming its a 1?

I attempt to pull the broken rib out of my chest in order to cut the ropes with it.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Great, I rolled a total of 4 in three turns. :\
I suppose I could thank those elves for tying me to the tree, because otherwise I would've already killed myself. :)

But no, I won't do that. Instead I'll try another tour de force. I jump up, rope, tree and all, and land on the closest elf. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i guess i should be thankful that my longsword trick didnt work. Imagine what would have happened to Cyx if it had :P
hmm... I concentrate and attempt to learn how to uh, float and move on my own... as in, a floating dagger that can wield itself and attack people withought someone having to hold it himself...
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile

Okay, that's it. I rip out the entire tree to use it as a club
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Omath Erius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm running out of plausible ways to get out of these ropes...

I eminate an aura of pure joy and rainbows, causing the ropes to burst into happiness.*

*Incorrect tense
fhalkgsuehgvnl gherghlirhb

Sir Edmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bastard healed himself! I’m going to strangle elf E to glorious death with my whip of conservative might.
EE
E@E
EEE

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile

Awww. Ah well.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do the naked-on-the-ground-and-impaled stomach-healing dance.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:12:53 am by Cyx »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Bleh. We're missing 3 people. I might just start letting new people take over the bodies of people who don't care.

So Immortal, Hungry, and Qwertyuiopas better watch out. If Hungry doesn't post anything next round, then I'm opening his character up for new people.

I attempt to pull the broken rib out of my chest in order to cut the ropes with it.
1. You slam your hand against your chest several times trying to grab the rib, but only getting another broken rib (-1 to movement, as you start to get penalties after the first rib).

I'll try another tour de force. I jump up, rope, tree and all, and land on the closest elf. :)
3. You attempt to jump but only manage to shake the tree a little. A small golden sphere falls out of the tree and lands on the ground several feet in front of you.

hmm... I concentrate and attempt to learn how to uh, float and move on my own... as in, a floating dagger that can wield itself and attack people withought someone having to hold it himself...
1. You glow darkly and bind yourself to Cyx's right hand.

Okay, that's it. I rip out the entire tree to use it as a club
5. You rip the tree out of the ground and carry it on your back, hunched over (+1 to attacking, -1 to movement).

I eminate an aura of pure joy and rainbows, causing the ropes to burst into happiness.
3. You emit several colors of light, causing the ropes to become tie-dyed.

I’m going to strangle elf E to glorious death with my whip of conservative might.
2+1=3. You clumsily slip your whip over Elf E's head (+1 to him dodging).
Dodge roll!
2+1=3. He tries to evade you, but you manage to get your whip wrapped around his head anyways.

I do the naked-on-the-ground-and-impaled stomach-healing dance.
2. You roll around on the ground, but luckily don't hurt yourself on Poltifar.

Immortal puts on his bark armor.
5. It fits perfectly.

Qwertyuiopas searches the tree's roots in the shelter (it's built against the tree he was hiding behind) for anything useful.
6. He finds a small pick on the ground (+1 to digging).

Hungry tries to slip out of the ropes.
2. He stays in them.

NPC actions!
Elf A attempts to climb a tree.
4. He manages to get on a low branch.

Elf B flees down the hole in the ground.
4. He jumps in. Several thumps are heard as he hits the walls on the way down.

Elf C tries to quench his thirst on Cyx's blood.
3. He gets a couple drops out of the cuts. He goes into a zerg-like blood-frenzy (+1 to attacking bleeding creatures).

Elf E tries to remove his head from Sir Edmund's whip.
2. He struggles to get away but can't do anything.

All people on the ground have -1 dodge.
Hungry: Naked. Tied to a tree (-1 dodge). Holding elven clothes. Broken rib.
Sir Edmund: Naked. Wielding a conservative whip of torture (+1 to attacking liberals). Wrapping his whip around Elf E's head.
Wooty: Naked. Tied to a tree (-1 dodge). 2 broken ribs (-1 to movement).
Immortal: Naked. Wearing a suit of bark armor (+1 to block against unarmed attacks). Has weak matter manipulation.
Qwertyuiopas: Naked. Slightly transparent, in the leaf shelter (+2 to hiding). Wielding a small pick (+1 to digging).
Poltifar: Is a small dagger. Bonded to Cyx's hand.
Akroma: Naked. Bruised back. Wielding a tree club (+1 attack, -1 movement).
Cyx: Naked. On the ground. Bruised head. Cut stomach (moderate bleeding). Carrying Poltifar (bonded to his hand).
Omath Erius: Naked. Tied to a tree (-1 dodge).
Elf A: Bruised head. Bruised chest.
Elf B: Down the hole (unknown status).
Elf C: Carrying a wooden bow. Bloodthirsty (+1 to attacking anyone who's bleeding).
Elf E: Arms tangled in a rope (-1 arm use). Light bleeding. Head caught in Sir Edmund's whip.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile

Can I call dibs on hungry's spot if he doesn't show up?  The reason you wouldn't let me join in the first place was because I was already in his game.  Pleaseaze! :)
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If only my hands are tied, I kick elf E in the stomach.

If I'm completely tied up, I inhale so much air that the ropes snap.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Wow, a 3. My best roll here so far. :)
By the way, that's the second time you don't include me in the status listing.

I destroy the ropes with the sheer force of will.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so lets see... till now, all my rolls have been either ones or twos except for a single four. oh well. I attempt to take control of Cyx's body!
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile

Give me a shout if you need a new player, I'd be glad to take over for someone.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 108