Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 106925 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile

The day is 6 June, 1944.  Midnight.  Over 1200 aircraft take flight to deploy three airborne divisions behind enemy lines as the prelude to one of the best known Allied invasions of the war.  The United States 82nd and 101st airborne divisions deploy to sites behind Utah Beach, while the British 6th airborne divisions pushed to capture bridges intact.  Troop ships begin forming into convoys, following the lanes cleared by minesweepers the day previously.
5:45.  Naval bombardment of coastal defenses begins.  Five battleships, 20 cruisers, 65 destroyers, and two monitors take part in the coastal bombardment, which will continue for about 40 minutes before the troopships get too close to the shore for effective fire.
6:30.  The first infantry begin arriving at the five landing sites.  The Americans are assigned to Utah and Omaha Beaches, the British to Sword and Gold Beaches, and the Canadians to Juno Beach.
By the end of the first day, almost 160,000 soldiers had come onshore, between the airborne divisions and the troopships.  While the allied offensive had fallen short of its initial goal, they managed to establish tenuous beachheads that strengthened over the course of the next few days.
We will turn our attention to the events at Omaha Beach, where the veteran US 1st division and elements of the green US 29th division landed throughout the course of the day.  Taking heavy casualties, they pushed up the beach against formidable German resistance from atop the sea cliffs.  By nightfall, they had taken the small towns of Formigny and Caumont, but the beachhead remained the most tenuous of the five allied landing sites.  On 7 June 1944, the beach was prepared as a supply landing site, though it remained under shell fire for most of the day.  Further progress was made over the course of the next few days, with more and more soldiers landing on the beachhead and forward scouts pushing farther into the countryside.
We shall now diverge from the events of the war slightly to view an alternative timeline.  In this timeline, Brigadier General Theodore Roosevelt Jr., deputy commander of the 1st Infantry Division, was assassinated by German spies during the night of 9 June 1944.  On 10 June 1944, word has it that the spies came from your unit, and that investigations will be taking place.  Rumor has it that Major General Allen, head of the 1st Division, is willing to overlook any “accidents” that occur in the finding and eliminating of the spies.

Welcome to yet another mafia game I’m going to try to run.  While the flavor didn’t give a large indication of it, this IS a bastard mod game.  I will list the rules, both those of the players and of me, below, as well as the new features of this game.  But before I do that, I’d like to note that I will not lose this game: it is fully written up, so there isn’t any problem with me losing creative energy.  So if you’re afraid of that, it won’t happen.

Basic Player Rules:
-No PMing anyone but me, the mod.
-No quoting the Mod in relation to PM’s.  You are free to quote anything in the thread.  You may also paraphrase.
-Hammers are not in effect.  Days last 72 hours, with one 24 hour extension available per day if voted for by more than half of the players.
-Nights last 24 hours, please send in all of your night actions by that time.  I may end the night early if all night actions are sent in early.  If you do not wish to take a night action but have one available, please tell me you do not wish to take one.
-Weekends count for 0 hours.
-Please vote in Bold and Red
-Please vote for who you wish to put on lookout duty in Bold and Green.  What this means will be explained momentarily.
-Please view the most recent BYOR for the list of possible alignments within the game.

Basic Rules Regarding the Mod:
-I am not a player.  I am here solely as a game moderator.  Remember this.
-I will not lie to you unless the game mechanics force me to.  Everything you see in this post, your role pm, and votecounts is and will be as truthful as I can make them, though information may be excluded from them as required by the mechanics.
-I am not required to answer leading questions or questions about the nature of the game, nor am I likely to.  If I do answer, remember that the game mechanics may be forcing me to lie to you.

New Rules of the Game:
There is one new rule in this game: the lookout mechanic.  Each day, in addition for voting for who they desire an “unfortunate accident” to happen to, players will also vote for one player to put on lookout duty that night.  The player with the most votes for lookout duty at the end of the day will be placed on lookout duty for the night.  The person on lookout duty may choose one of two options, sent to me via pm in the night: remain on watch, or shirk their duty.  If they choose to remain on watch, there is a 50% chance that they see actions that happen during the night.  This chance is rolled separately for each action that is taken.  If successful, they learn who took the action and who it targeted, but not what the action was.  If they choose to shirk duty, however, they are once again given two option: hide, or take a night action.  If they choose to hide, all kills targeting them fail during that night, while night actions targeting them are unaffected if they choose to take a night action themselves.

So, without further ado, who’s up for some alternate history bastardry?

Players [13/13]:
mastahcheese
TheDarkStar
Scripten LYNCHED D1 Sergeant (Outsider)
Caz LYNCHED D2 Soldier (Town)
Deathsword
Persus13 KILLED N3 Soldier (Town)
Vivalas LYNCHED D4 Rogue Soldier (Town-Ally)
Tiruin LYNCHED D3 Foreign Agent Field Medic (Mafia)
Silthuri origamiscienceguy LYNCHED D5 Foreign Agent Soldier (Mafia)
flabort KILLED N4 Foreign Agent Soldier (Mafia)
TolyK KILLED N2 Internal Affairs (Town)
Comrade Shamrock
Deus Asmoth

Replacement List [0/infinity]:

Spoilspecs:
Cheeetar
masked_krusader
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:53:01 pm by 4maskwolf »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Bastard Mod, in Signups (0/13)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 05:15:27 pm »

Hell yeah.

IN
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Bastard Mod, in Signups (1/13)
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 05:32:29 pm »

In.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Bastard Mod, in Signups (2/13)
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 05:35:52 pm »

As with all of 4mask's games, this one sounds pretty fun. With the writing part all done, I'm more than happy to in.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Bastard Mod, in Signups (3/13)
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 07:21:51 pm »

May I please in as spoil spec?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 07:22:58 pm »

May I please in as spoil spec?
Yes you may, particularly since you already know the setup.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 07:23:56 pm »

Yaaaay :D
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 07:17:19 pm »

In

make me Brit please. Just kidding. Praise Hitler. o/

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Bastard Mod, in Signups (4/13)
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 07:24:49 am »

In
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

masked_krusader

• Bay Watcher
  • [KRUSADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Bastard Mod, in Signups (5/13)
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 01:32:57 pm »

Heh, nice.

PTW.
People just be cray cray, yo.
I don't really expect to die from appendicitis after surviving the apocalypse.
I’m not Shakerag!
Sigtext.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 11:56:15 pm »

Heh, nice.

PTW.
I'm going to give you three options with regards to this.

One is to play, as Caz said.  This is the preferable option for me, but it's okay if you don't want to.

Two is to watch as a spoiled spectator, meaning you're in on the bastardness I have going on.

Three is you watch without the knowledge and don't play.

Take your pick.  :P

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 07:18:09 am »

Hm.

I'd join, but I'm afraid to... I'm not sure how much time I will have...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 09:15:44 am »

Hm.

I'd join, but I'm afraid to... I'm not sure how much time I will have...
What Cheese said.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57