Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Septerra - Rise of the Junkers (On hiatus)  (Read 14476 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Septerra - Rise of the Junkers (On hiatus)
« on: October 19, 2016, 04:12:39 pm »

Septerra, the clockwork sky-world of seven layers of floating continental "Shells", is sinking into turmoil. Rival nations engage in skirmishes and vicious arms races for resources and prestige, sky pirates take advantage of the chaos to harass inter-shell trade, and inhuman creatures are awakened in deadly packs in the wake of mobilizing armies and frightened civilians.

But for Shell 2, the infamous "Junkland" of scrap and salvage, it's a good time to be alive.

There's money to be had, here. You know it, and everyone else knows it, too. Shell 2, with all its underpopulated deserts, scrubland, and foreboding mountain ranges, has always been a popular place for other Shells to dump their unwanted garbage, conduct high-yield weapons tests, and more. Fortunately for the Junkers, the determined and creative inhabitants of Shell 2, the increased amounts of junk and surplus dumped on their continents greatly fuels their unique way of life.

In this game, you play as a Junker, part of a group of scavengers, inventors, and scrap recyclers who make their living by creating usable goods from things other, richer nations either have no use for, or simply don't want anymore. You're used to digging through scrap heaps to fashion usable items, and so is every other Junker on the Shell. Entire communities are built using welded storage containers for housing and chopped-up rubber tires for bedding. You are one of the groups of Junkers with the necessary skills to take on more exciting jobs -- like creating your own weapons, armor, and equipment from salvaged scrap and surplus found in the field. Whatever you do with that, and with your skills, is up to you; it's a fine time to rise as an independent Junker!
Spoiler: Who am I? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: What can I do? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Objectives (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Game rules (click to show/hide)
Playerlist:
GiglameshDespair (Sculla)
Dwarmin (Covilard Dell)
S34N1C (Xander Nash)
Kassire (Cyrus "Rig" Fernow)
Caellath (Jean Rousseau)
Sosoku234 (Drahknil)

Waitlist:
Sudurandom
Vivalas
Shadestyle
(Sorry, Insanegame27, that wasn't good enough. And I can't just give a heavily-armed warplane to someone right off the bat.)
ironsnake345

Co-GM: UXLZ

Currently on Turn 2!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 01:34:27 pm by Xvareon »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Junkers (OPEN!)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 05:27:26 pm »

Name: Xander Nash
Appearance: Tall, short blonde hair(not that it matters, it's so dirty). He has the common scarred-over look. The palms of his hands are stained nearly black with machine grease.
Scars/injuries: small scar on forehead; missing left earlobe; chemical burns on left ring finger; general scarring on hands.

Skills:
1: Jerryrigging Lv. 1 (bonus to making weapons)
2: Machine repair Lv. 1
3: Technomancy Lv. 1 (use of small Core Engine(s) embedded in gear or equipment -- such as gloves on the hands -- to manipulate or disrupt electronics on the fly, create your own light source, or possibly arc lightning at will. Advanced forms may allow you to manipulate gravity or other natural forces as well)

Weapons:
Pipe rifle (bolt action for now)
Technomancers Gauntlet (right hand)
Scrap Wakizashi

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 07:33:49 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 07:09:26 pm »

Spoiler: Cyrus "Rig" Fernow (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:26:42 pm by Kassire »
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 08:14:24 pm »

Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 08:15:54 pm »

Sounds like numenera, in a good way. I might make something when I get home. Maybe not. Too busy. >.<

I would not recommend more than 6 players from my humble experience. It's harder than it sounds.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:02:07 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Septerra - Rise of the Junkers (OPEN!)
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 04:18:24 pm »

Spoiler: Drahknil (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 05:10:24 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 04:22:56 pm »

Going to make a dude.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 05:38:14 pm »

Spoiler: Paradise Lost (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:29:31 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 11:29:40 am »

Edited my sheet slightly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 12:06:03 pm »

Do we have a deadline for applications?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 12:42:47 pm »

Do we have a deadline for applications?
Not a hard deadline, no. I'm going to wait around a week (it's been 2 days of that already) before I think about locking teams in.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 05:49:39 pm »

I have been directed to join this by a certain cheeky scamp. Therefore:

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 09:20:31 am »

@Xva: Be careful letting this giglamesh person in, I hear he's a real troublemaker.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 11:00:03 am »

PTW for now; I may put up a character later.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 07:02:21 pm »

I'll throw my hat into the ring.

Name: Jarish "Spots" Clearsky
Appearance: A human of average height and weight. His naturally light skin has been darkened by the sun. Jarish dresses like the typical sky sailer with sturdy pants and a light shirt for warm weather and adding a warm jacket for the cold at higher altitude. He wears his black hair in a short ponytail.
In addition to the usual junker scars his hands and face are "tattooed" with vivid green splatter marks from exposure to an unknown chemical. Since that accident he always wears safety goggles while working.

Bio: Junker born and bred Jarish grew up on his family's airship the Lucky Find and spent most of his life helping with their salvage business.
The youngest of three brothers he knew he wouldn't inherit the ship so so he left to seek his own fortune.

Skills:
1.Vehicle expertise (you have knowledge of many different models of vehicles, can salvage useful parts from vehicles, and potentially create one yourself)
2. Vehicle specialty (aircraft) (you are particularly knowledgeable about all types of flight from hot air buoyancy to core engine levitation)
3.Vehicle mounted weapons (you are experienced with the sort of weapons mounted to vehicles)
Weapons: GM's choice maybe some sort of pistol.

If you see any problems or have any questions or advice please let me know
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9