Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Weird bug with dumping (now with 100% more exploding dwarves)  (Read 2471 times)

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have a single tile dedicated  to dumped items and dwarves seem to now store random things in it like all the food/seeds from my farms, or random bags of things. This happening to anyone else? I've only used the dump command once for a few rocks, and everything that they're placing on that spot is forbidden so it's not just randomly left there (plus there was like 3 pages of items).

Also um, dwarf fists are even more dangerous now. Instead of bruising or breaking bones, tantrums result in in half a screen of almost every punch making dwarf limbs/heads "explode in a shower of gore". Hilarious, but alarming. It's even more amusing because my brewer has now killed half the fort while wandering around muttering "Death is all around us" and "death.... the horror...." then making yet another dwarf explode into giblets. I'm not sure how someone's neck explodes without killing them, but she managed it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weird bug with dumping (now with 100% more exploding dwarves)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 12:21:05 am »

Have a single tile dedicated  to dumped items and dwarves seem to now store random things in it like all the food/seeds from my farms, or random bags of things. This happening to anyone else? I've only used the dump command once for a few rocks, and everything that they're placing on that spot is forbidden so it's not just randomly left there (plus there was like 3 pages of items).

Also um, dwarf fists are even more dangerous now. Instead of bruising or breaking bones, tantrums result in in half a screen of almost every punch making dwarf limbs/heads "explode in a shower of gore". Hilarious, but alarming. It's even more amusing because my brewer has now killed half the fort while wandering around muttering "Death is all around us" and "death.... the horror...." then making yet another dwarf explode into giblets. I'm not sure how someone's neck explodes without killing them, but she managed it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah turns out your the god damn fist of the north star and platinum maces are ineffective compared to fists

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 12:46:03 am »

Blunt attacks in general seem to be more effective than in the past.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 02:02:11 am »

Is it like the old whip bug where it applies the entire mass of the whip at the (something like) 0.001cm whip tip? I've had less brutal massacres from a dwarf in full candy... Definitely much stronger punches than before.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 04:34:15 am »

I have had my militia commander kill a goblin by punching him in the head through Iron Helm...
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 04:48:11 am »

New highlight of the day: Apparently killed a bird mid flight by dropping a tree on it because it was passing by when it got cut down. I'm going to give that dwarf a damn good room for that, I'm impressed.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 04:58:05 am »

Oh god damn wonderful. Planter climbs a tree, it's not assigned to be cut down. Suddenly I get a message that "something has collapsed on the surface!"

It's not merely a falling death as it paused the game like when cave-ins happen, but I don't see any evidence one happened. Ideas? He's currently dead half way up a tree.... The best part? The incident OCCURRED AT GROUND LEVEL! He not only was involved in a cave-in on a tree that wasn't cut down, he fell several Z-levels UP the tree somehow before dying.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:00:10 am by Spacespinner »

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 05:17:59 am »

every punch making dwarf limbs/heads "explode in a shower of gore"
Why can't those cool things ever happen in adventurer mode? Takes ages to punch a yak to death.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 05:26:35 am »

every punch making dwarf limbs/heads "explode in a shower of gore"
Why can't those cool things ever happen in adventurer mode? Takes ages to punch a yak to death.

Adventure mode has the one and only confirmed (to my knowledge) kill of a bronze colossus by knocking its head off with a single throw of a fluffy wambler. I'd say that's pretty decent.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 05:29:08 am »

Yeah turns out your the god damn fist of the north star and platinum maces are ineffective compared to fists

No, everyone just knows hokuto shinken by default due to bugs. Once the bugs are fixed, you'll have to find and learn it yourself if you want to see this again.

Urist Volaldur cancels Attack Enemy: Target is Already Dead.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 05:42:08 am »

No, everyone just knows hokuto shinken by default due to bugs. Once the bugs are fixed, you'll have to find and learn it yourself if you want to see this again.

I wonder if hammer dorfs are going to send people flying several screens again.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 07:19:38 am »

Oh they already are.  I've seen pissed off dwarves kick badgers 5 tiles away, it's a small jump from there to "2 screens away."
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 07:37:11 am »

Oh they already are.  I've seen pissed off dwarves kick badgers 5 tiles away, it's a small jump from there to "2 screens away."

Oh god just wait till a Bronze Collosus punts a dwarf and he explodes in a shower of gore

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 08:52:51 am »

I want to see a dwarf hit a Bronze Colossus with an adamantine mace and have said colossus smack into the edge of the map from the OTHER edge.
THAT would be awesome to watch.
However, it'd probably require Superdwarven Strength and Legendary+500 Hammerdwarf.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 09:14:00 am »

adamantine mace
Yeah, not going to happen. Adamantine is a bad material for macing. Too light.
._.
Pages: [1] 2