Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 557442 times)

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile

Yup, all dead again. You may want to abandon the main fort and dig a new one if arcangelsd ends dying.

EDIT: well, except TAD

So he ignored me. xD
Deathsword, how's my dorf going? Could you post a screencap of his thoughts and his wounds, please?
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Yup, all dead again. You may want to abandon the main fort and dig a new one if arcangelsd ends dying.

EDIT: well, except TAD

So he ignored me. xD
Deathsword, how's my dorf going? Could you post a screencap of his thoughts and his wounds, please?

Status report: Autumn arrived, my dwarf died of thirst, migrants arrived, half of them got in other half got killed by zombies, arcangelsd went berserk, arcagelsd was killed, gizogin (re-dorfed as migrant) went melancholy. Currently cleaning up the fort.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile

Status report: Autumn arrived, my dwarf died of thirst, migrants arrived, half of them got in other half got killed by zombies, arcangelsd went berserk, arcagelsd was killed, gizogin (re-dorfed as migrant) went melancholy. Currently cleaning up the fort.

ooo. So much for my streak of luck :(
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

So, by my third incarnation, I've gone both stark raving mad and melancholy.  I've also died in two different ways (thirst and violence).  At this rate, Gizogin V will go berserk after a failed mood, then die by being pushed into a magma pit by a zombie raven.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

So, by my third incarnation, I've gone both stark raving mad and melancholy.  I've also died in two different ways (thirst and violence).  At this rate, Gizogin V will go berserk after a failed mood, then die by being pushed into a magma pit by a zombie raven.

KAW-KAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!

blarg552

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have I been redorfed? If so, can I see my dorf?

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have I been dorfed at all yet?   

It amuses me that there are so many of us clamoring to be allowed a horrifying, grisly death.  I guess this explains why there are always migrants even to the most hellish deathtrap on any known continents.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile

So the fort went dead for about a second? At least we didn't have to reclaim again. Number of migrants would be nice.
I have to ask, how often does it seem that migrants actually get into the fort without quickly dying, between the Mist'n'muck and the wildeath?

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile

The corpses of our dwarves are persistent between reclaims, right? If so, does this not mean that each successive reclaim attempt becomes more difficult than the last one?

I think getting this fort to stick could take a while...
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

Yes, dwarf corpses stick around.  When I was playing, there were at least two dwarf zombies running around, and that number can only have gone up.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

The corpses of our dwarves are persistent between reclaims, right? If so, does this not mean that each successive reclaim attempt becomes more difficult than the last one?

I think getting this fort to stick could take a while...

Only about 1/3 of the map is Haunted.  We really need an underground burial pit in the south-west area that can be locked (I THINK locked doors stop reclaim scatter...) or at least walled in if the population gets worryingly critical.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

For those asking who is dead and who isn't: check the dwarfing list. I simply cross out the names of those dwarfed.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #237 on: August 27, 2012, 05:41:13 pm »

So I just got back from vacation a couple days ago, still catching up to the latest developments. I also still owe you that sacrifice.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 27, 2012, 05:43:15 pm »

So, if you have a mixed biome where only part of the map is haunted and that part is reanimating, does that make the whole map reanimating?
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 27, 2012, 06:54:14 pm »

So, if you have a mixed biome where only part of the map is haunted and that part is reanimating, does that make the whole map reanimating?

My understanding is that only bodies/parts resting on the haunted portion will reanimate.  Unless you get a necromancer actively coming in and raising things.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 136